Date: 19-04-24  Time: 12:09 pm

Author Topic: Keeping your pinkies warm.  (Read 1512 times)

Adrian6171

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZS600 2002
    • View Profile
Keeping your pinkies warm.
« on: 02 December 2012, 08:22:56 pm »
So the time has come to keep my pinkies toasty warm and have been looking to invest in some heated gloves,been looking at the Gerbing T5 (read quality had dropped since they moved production) and also the Biketek gloves,both really top of the price range.Was looking at my local Yamaha dealer today and saw a pair of Oxford Inox gloves for about £40 cheaper than the other,s but can,t seem to find any reviews on them,has anybody had any experience with these or can give me some good feedback on the other gloves mentioned or in fact any heated gloves.
Regards Adrian

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Keeping your pinkies warm.
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2012, 09:58:32 pm »
I was using my Gerbing heated gloves over the last couple of days going up to London and back for a couple of events.

I used the heating elements for the ride up, but then, about 3am on the way to my hotel, I decided that since it was only 25 minutes or so, I wouldn't need the heaters which was a mistake because by the time I got there my fingers were freezing!

So on the way back I used the heaters again and kept my fingers toasty and warm :)

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2012, 10:00:35 pm »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2012, 09:03:28 am »
Heated grips and summer gloves for me though when it got really cold I did move to Winter gloves, heated grips and bar muffs. They may look silly but they work.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2012, 09:50:48 am »
I'll second that on the muffs. Used them for years throughout winter with Sumner gloves. Heated grips underneath them makes for very toasty hands! :D
Tempted by heated gloves, but I consider it as 'cheating' :D
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2012, 12:05:43 pm »
Heated gloves here, Gerbings XR12 from the recent group buy.  Worth every penny at £100, although if they were £160 (rrp) I think I'd be going with grips and some warm winter gloves.

Bit of a pain in the arse having to plug yourself in but they make an enormous difference.  I have mine on 75% in the mornings for a 1 1/2 hour commute.  Prior to getting these my fingers were freezing within about 5 minutes.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2012, 06:28:13 pm »
I've just bought some Keis under gloves but my winter gloves are so good that I haven't needed the heated stuff yet?
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2012, 07:56:07 pm »
I went for grips and gloves, the idea being that if the gloves got soaked, trashed or otherwise put out of action I can always swap for a spare pair, and no matter what gloves I'm wearing, if it gets a bit nippy I can turn the heaters on

Adrian6171

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZS600 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2012, 08:10:41 pm »
With regards to bar muffs,i do have some of these but they will not fit on the bike so hoping to swap them for a tub of ACF50 if i can,i must say Lawrence you have me very jealous £100 for xr12,can,t beat that.Although i would still like to know about the inox gloves info seems a bit like rocking horse shit at the mo,i am assuming there not a new model  and have been out for at least a year.