Date: 24-04-24  Time: 08:31 am

Author Topic: Hope to swap  (Read 1748 times)

Adrian6171

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZS600 2002
    • View Profile
Hope to swap
« on: 03 November 2012, 12:51:18 pm »
Here goes,i saw a advert for a cb1 1990 for £1000 or swap for 125. I have a YBR 125 2009 with 14k on the clock (the cb has 30k on).I have been told the cb is in very very good condition,my ybr is in good condition i know i could get £1100 for mine,but do you guys think it is a fair deal my ybr for his cb1. Since i can,t afford to buy a new bike at the moment a swap is the only option and it,s not often you see that so what do you guys think.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2012, 03:57:31 pm by Farjo »

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to swap
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2012, 01:04:47 pm »
a tip for every one, I fgound if you high light the text it can be read.

If you go this route and a cb1 suites your needs you have saved a lot of messing around, ie advertising your ybr, showing it to people and then the looking around at a new bike after selling yours.

But remember you have to becareful about what about choosing your next bike how ever you get it, also bear in mind that at present your YBR is far more saleable than the cb1.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2012, 01:39:48 pm »
As chrisbiker says there is greater demand for your YBR 125 because of its good fuel economy,cheap to run & insure and demand from the learner market. The Honda may be in good condition BUT if you are not used to buying bikes take a knowledgeable friend-since cost of say worn chain,sprockets,tyres,brake pads all adds up and should be considered when makng an offer for any machine. I would be suspicious of anything that sounds too good to be true. :'( What are similar bikes selling for(rather than asking price)? Have you got an insurance quote for bigger bike yet? Dont be in a rush-its a buyers market especially this time of year. Good luck! :lol Personally Id be looking at a Fazer! :lol :lol :lol

Adrian6171

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZS600 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2012, 02:21:18 pm »
Hi guys see what your saying but does seem a good motor.
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/for-sale-or-swap--honda-cb1-400cc/1002437223.
Thats the one

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2012, 03:19:50 pm »
Mate of mine did one of these up and sold it for 800 quid in same condition and less miles
Can't remember if it was in KM's thought but suggests that its an import. Which is ok if the paper work checks out but you would have to convert the speedo either with a sticker or proper clocks.
It looks good but your bike is worth more than that, so don't rush in just to get a bigger bike, he would get the better deal.
Also why does he want to swap to a 125, those are quite economical bikes so that can't be the reason so what is?
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

dock

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - DT 175 MX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2012, 11:39:11 pm »
if i were you i would sell the ybr then with cash in pocket you have a much better choice of bikes, and can barter to get the best price
A closed mouth gathers no foot !