Date: 23-04-24  Time: 21:43 pm

Author Topic: FZS 1000  (Read 11795 times)

Adrian6171

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZS600 2002
    • View Profile
Re: FZS 1000
« Reply #25 on: 14 October 2012, 06:47:21 pm »
Thanks for all the replys folks,but do you ever get the feeling sometimes of why you ever bother.Got a letter yesterday regarding the money i will be getting and i have been informed that it could take up to 2 years to get my money,beginning to feel i was put on this planet to have the piss took out of me  :'( .Looks like my trusty YBR  will be my next summer toy AGAIN.

DeanMeister

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 November 2012, 11:56:59 am »
When you get the chance, buy the Fazer. I've not had a bike for a few years, and was offered the chance to buy a cheap low mileage Gen 1 FZS1000. I too was a little worried that it would be a bit too much for me, until I discovered it's an absolute pussycat to ride. I live in Jersey, and the roads are crap here, slippy and narrow. Oh, and the speed limit is 40mph! I commute every day, and it's like riding a 250, very stable and forgiving. Recently went across France and got the chance to open her up, and that too was a joy. My only suggestion is make sure it's got newish rubber on - mine came with the original (worn) Metzelers, and the handling was awful - I thought it was just me until I put some new Pirelli boots on. Totally different bike since then :)

"I'll only be gone an hour or so, dear... " :)

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #27 on: 08 November 2012, 03:47:22 pm »
...Whenever I get new rubber the bike is always easier to turn, so make sure you look at the tyre on your test ride, if the tyres are squared off the bike will feel hard to turn....[/quote]

Absolutely agree on that! Do not judge a used bike test-ride on worn tyres! I thought the Fazer Thou felt dull and lazy in the turn until I put a new set of tyres on it and WOW!! It's a brilliant bike in terms of handling, comfort and power. I've had 40 bikes and no bike is perfect, but the FZS1000 isn't far off it.

Tom
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 November 2012, 04:37:33 pm »
Don't do it.

A lot of people have told you that the Fazer is very forgiving, and they are right, it is. For a 140hp super monster that can leave you without a licence is less time then it took you to read this sentence, it is surprisingly forgiving.

However, with a background of 125's and 500's, I would be very reluctent to suggest anything more then a CBR600. Get a five or six year old one, buy carefully and keep it in good nick and you will sell it in a year or three for pretty much exactly what you paid. You will have every bit as much fun and you will learn how to ride a 'proper' bike. I am not being patronising (though I might sound it) but if you try and ride a Fazer like a 125 you will not survive.

Andy-Fazer-thou

• CBT Wobbler
  • My Ride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 March 2014, 10:15:57 pm »
Hi
Im 50yrs old and only passed my test in november 2012 i went from a XT 125 to a 600 bandit it was Ok then a Kawasaki ZX9R bloody hated it
then went to a ZX7R i liked that better but found it hard going round town and when i did get it on a run found it hard to keep it under 100mph it just seemed to cruise nice at that i then got offered a 1000 fazer as a swap for the ZX7 i fell straight in love with it it handles Amazing even 2 up
But its certainly got a wild kick on it deffinatley not for the feint of heart they are Animals and id recommend 1 to every person who ever wanted to buy a bike

Ianboydsnr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 28 March 2014, 10:47:40 pm »
I thought the FZs600 was a fantastic tourer, took me and the wife to France a few times, wife preferred it over the 1000, because the acceleration was less instant,

I had both machines at the same time and found the 600 more nimble and better brakes, and much more fun when wet and slippery, a fantastic bike, I found it could accelerate as fast as I could think, whereas the 1000 was faster, hell I rode it around for a month thinking the thou was nothing special, before realising I was changing gear at 4000rpm  :lol

I sold it to a mate, who sold it to another mate, it now has mid 50's thousand miles on it,

Recently I bought another, they really are cheap at the moment, so my plan was to buy decent suspension, which is the one thing I hated about my first thou, so I have a Nitron shock, fully adjustable expensive one, that I picked up for about the same price as the R6 conversion that Devilsyam does, it's back on the road beginning of next month, you won't be disappointed in either!

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 April 2014, 11:56:08 am »
I don't regret buying my thou, I didn't go for the 600 as I didn't like the look where the thou is much more better looking, mine has 73k miles on it and it still goes like stink and is quite and is reliable. 

max

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 April 2014, 05:44:29 pm »
I,m 53 and own a fzs1000. i use it to and from work everyday and thrash...i mean ride responsibly over the brecon becons every weekend,loads of fun weather permitting. Down side is it drinks petrol like a sports car. Have fun and get as big a bike as you can :) 

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 April 2014, 05:55:11 pm »
Don't do it.

A lot of people have told you that the Fazer is very forgiving, and they are right, it is. For a 140hp super monster that can leave you without a licence is less time then it took you to read this sentence, it is surprisingly forgiving.

However, with a background of 125's and 500's, I would be very reluctent to suggest anything more then a CBR600. Get a five or six year old one, buy carefully and keep it in good nick and you will sell it in a year or three for pretty much exactly what you paid. You will have every bit as much fun and you will learn how to ride a 'proper' bike. I am not being patronising (though I might sound it) but if you try and ride a Fazer like a 125 you will not survive.

That pretty much sums up what I would say...

Ravenscar

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 April 2014, 10:19:00 pm »
I wonder if Andy bought a Fazer in the end. His original post was approx. 18 months ago...

Hogi

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 January 2015, 07:17:05 pm »
I wonder if Andy bought a Fazer in the end. His original post was approx. 18 months ago...

still had it up to September 14, have you sold it mate?

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,14679.msg167612.html#msg167612

Its later than you think