Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 400 and other models

400 and 600 parts that are the same

(1/5) > >>

His Dudeness:
Here are some of the parts that I found that were the same on the 400 and the 600.

Parts That Are Definitely The Same  :)

Carb intake rubbers
Rear brake pads
Throttle cable
Clutch cable
Brake lever
Clutch lever
Radiator end covers
Oil filter
Air filter
Front fairing
Front screen
Exhaust end can and link pipe. not sure about the headers though
Front and rear wheels and tyres
Chain and sprokets
Battery

Parts That Are Not The Same :(

Carbs are totally different
Headlight unit and bulbs ae different

I know loads more parts will interchange between the two bikes but I've only put up ones that I've actually tried. If you've bought other 600 parts and they turned out to be the same as the 400 parts then add them to the list

Slaninar:
400 seems truly exotic. Can't find a single one (for sale or show) in the neighbourhood. Guess finding 400 specific spares would be a nightmare. Pity, since it sounds like perfect bike - just a bit lighter than 600, probably less thirsty and lower taxes.

BTW, this spill check rally works! :)

His Dudeness:

--- Quote from: Slaninar on 11 October 2011, 07:08:50 am ---400 seems truly exotic. Can't find a single one (for sale or show) in the neighbourhood. Guess finding 400 specific spares would be a nightmare. Pity, since it sounds like perfect bike - just a bit lighter than 600, probably less thirsty and lower taxes.

BTW, this spill check rally works! :)

--- End quote ---

it seems that not too many of them were imported into the UK. but a lot of parts interchange between the 600 and 400. if you have the part number you can get stuff directly from yamaha. if i had to get something more exotic like carbs i'd go for yahoo japan auctions. the prices on there are reasonable for most stuff. and if i blew an engine i just stick a 600 engine and carbs in it. so parts aren't too bad really

unfazed:
Just to update similar parts of the 400 and 600
Oil filters are not the same, even though the 600 one will fit, the correct one to use is the one from  02-05 FZS1000
All intake parts around the carbs are different as the 400 has smaller carbs,
Exhaust end can is not the same, it looks the same but the exit hole on the rear is smaller. Delkevic do an exhaust end can specifically for the 400 (check the polish ebay site)
The standard chain and sprockets are different but the 600 ones will fit, however the front sprocket on the 400 is 14 teeth whereas the 600 has a 15 tooth
Standard H4 bulbs will fit if you cut off two of the tabs.
They are a great little bike but worthwhile using 600 replacement rear shock and fork springs to greatly improve the handling.
I have a lot of info. which most people require for this bike as I have a 600 and my sons have and had 400s
As you will notice somebody has already uploade the files I created for spares and the word converted owners manual. I will upload the files for the other colours shortly.

His Dudeness:
hey pat good to see you've joined up. i'm sure you can add loads to this for people with the 400

i've bought the 400 oil filter off yamaha using the 400 part number and on the side of the box it has a list of the bikes that the filter fits to and the 600 is one of the bikes so as far as i can tell they are identical.

i also have a set of 400 carb intakes and a set of 600 intakes and they the exact same sizes. the diameter of the intake on the carb itself is the same

the exhaust can might have a different diameter exit on the can but the rest is the same and the 600 one bolts on. like i said i've only list parts that i actually bought and have put on the bike so i know they definitely fit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version