Date: 27-04-24  Time: 01:16 am

Author Topic: bike is like a v twin since power wash , im an idiot  (Read 1120 times)

gttjohn

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
bike is like a v twin since power wash , im an idiot
« on: 24 September 2012, 03:17:20 pm »
hi all just thought ide power wash my bike yesterday to get some chain lube off the bottom of the bike but i went all around the engine and got carried away ,  anyhow it drove fine for about 3 miles then it would not tick over but was ok up revs then it started doing the vtwin thing low revs but was ok up revs then it just got worse and now sounds like a klr 650 ,im so pissed could it be a coincidence or was it the power washer ,, and if it was the power washer where do i start to fix the problem please help any sugestions welcome thanks guys and girls  :'(

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: bike is like a v twin since power wash , im an idiot
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2012, 03:20:56 pm »
sounds like you got water under the plug caps. take em off and take the boot off and dry em ;)

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2012, 12:04:12 pm »
What he said *points up*

Likely just the plugs, can check to see if the drainage holes are blocked whilst your at it as well :)

gttjohn

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2012, 02:30:54 pm »
fixed now also put new plugs in with correct gap bike is very powerful now ,,just had to tighten up the boot on to the ht lead on clynder 1 ,,  thank you for helping me much appreciated            o when i changed the plugs one plug snapped in the head but luckly i jammed a flat-head into the broken part and unscrewed it phew i nearly had a heart attack ,any how thanks again

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2012, 05:32:06 pm »
fixed now also put new plugs in with correct gap bike is very powerful now ,,just had to tighten up the boot on to the ht lead on clynder 1 ,,  thank you for helping me much appreciated            o when i changed the plugs one plug snapped in the head but luckly i jammed a flat-head into the broken part and unscrewed it phew i nearly had a heart attack ,any how thanks again
bet your heart sank when it snapped! glad you got the plug out and got your twin back to a four! dont know why plugs etc dont get changed often esp on a bike where you can get to them easy! they arnt that expensive so no reason why they shouldnt get done often

gttjohn

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2012, 07:31:18 pm »
o yes, it was one of those i shouldn't have tightened it that much moments. but all is well that ends well