Date: 25-04-24  Time: 02:23 am

Author Topic: CALLING ALL WELSH BIKERS!!!!!  (Read 1584 times)

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
CALLING ALL WELSH BIKERS!!!!!
« on: 12 September 2012, 07:17:58 pm »
Biker Down ..... essential first aid course sponsored by Powys County Council

To train you in the first bike on the scene first aid. Hopefully we will never need this training but it has to be vital to know how to help a fellow biker if the  worst happens on a ride out- or even if you are in your car and come across a fellow biker after an accident.

There will be no charge for the course and it will be open to anyone, not just Powys residents. The organisers can take about 20 on each course, this is only down to everyone being able to practice the first aid or we'd take more.

The ambition is to run two courses a month, depending on the appetite for it, spread between Newtown, Llandod and Brecon Fire Stations and if a group wanted a course run specifically for them then they would be more than happy to accomodate it.

Check out www.facebook.com/bikerdownpowys and sign up for the course so they can let you know what the dates of the courses are which should start sometime in October this year........ and tell all your biker mates
59 going on 57

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: CALLING ALL WELSH BIKERS!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2012, 07:26:32 pm »
that sounds great  :D ....wish i was a bit closer  :\
One, is never going to be enough.....

james43

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - A cage eugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2012, 07:30:03 pm »
i agree that does sound great as i live about 25-30 miles from Brecon think i'll give it a go.

See who I can wrestle up to go with me, alll non foccers lol

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2012, 07:51:19 pm »
Keep spreading the word amongst your biker friends as Powys covers most of Mid Wales  :D
59 going on 57

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2012, 07:54:26 pm »
Seems like a very good idea, i did do first aid, about 10 years ago,, they are all dead now :lol ,,,,,no!!!!

I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2012, 12:43:37 am »
that sounds great  :D ....wish i was a bit closer  :\

If you can get down to the Ride it Right event at Haslemere on Sunday the 16th from 10am they have very similar talks there.

Well recommended!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2012, 08:10:45 am »
Excellent idea! Anyone familiar with Powys knows that it has some of the best biking roads in the Principality,if not the UK. The downside is that you can be a long way from A&E facilities should you be unlucky enough to need them. This seems like a logical step in the treatment of casualties in the first hour-which is so important. Could I ask anyone who rides these beautiful roads to support Wales Air Ambulance who operate 3 helicopters from Swansea, Welshpool & Caernarvon @ an annual cost of £5 million without a penny of government funding. They can be @ scene anywhere in Wales within 20 minutes from callout. Their slogan(in English) is Saving Time,Saving Lives.
My sister is hoping to move to Powys in the next 18 months so I shall hopefully spend more time in Wales.,riding those fantastic roads :lol

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2012, 08:00:56 pm »
Yep- I have been to Welshpool and chatted with the guys there and they are fundraising to replace the aging aircraft there with another like Swansea and North Wales.

It is surprising how limited their flying opportunities are in the old aircraft- no night flying and heavy weather reduces speed and flying time that the newer aircraft dont suffer from. The new ones are more comfortable for the 'passenger' too! Its a tiny little space you are slid into and cramped conditions for the parmedics and pilot

I have done some fundraising for them and there is a lottery you can do with them--- must join that! :o
59 going on 57

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2012, 08:02:32 pm »
Also........

You may think when an Ambulance picks you up in mid Wales it is NHS but the likelyhood is that it will be a St Johns Ambulance with unpaid unfinded guys and gals giving up their time for free to look after your aches and pains and quite a few busted bikers.

Another good cause if you see someone shaking a tin
59 going on 57