Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:21 pm

Author Topic: Hello from the rock  (Read 1351 times)

3legs

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Hello from the rock
« on: 21 August 2012, 08:24:27 pm »
Hello from the Isle of Man. Although I have been riding bikes for quite a few years now, this is the first time I have joined a forum - better late than ever!!
I am a mid fifties greying rider and have had two fazers, one naked FZ6 and two thundercats - I think there must be a link there somewhere. My current bike is a silver 2000 fazer 600 with about 24,000 miles on it. I really like touring on it and recently did a track day at Donnington. It was raining, so couldn't really give it stick. The fazer  has good acceleration and fantastic brakes. The back brake not too good though and I have just had new pistons and seals put in (about £85 using proper yamaha parts).
The thundercat is a seriously underrated bike and I once rode one non stop from Brno back to the IOM. I really don't think I would have preferred to have done it on any other bike - comfy and economical. I have just fitted a SP performance oval stainless can on the fazer and it gives a really nice deeper sound. I intend to keep the baffle in as I don't really like loud exhausts. It was only about £120 on ebay or direct with SP.
There are some great tips in this site and I look forward to posting further.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the rock
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2012, 09:58:07 pm »
Nice one mate, not sure if i have the authority as im a newbie to the forum but welcome anyway,

Its good fun reading some of the stuff on here, sometimes for the wrong reasons,

Its kinda like facebook except you dont hav to hear every single thing some girl u went to school withs babys been up to,

Good to hear youve gone back to the old fazer after experiencing some of the other brethren.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2012, 06:41:04 am »
Hello rockman.

nice list of bikes you had,i guess you are used to alot of bikes ,living over there.
I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2012, 03:02:03 pm »
Welcome 3LEGS!!! 

You do realise of course, that I shall be expecting to book a cheap room at your place for the 2013 TT?  :lol

Tom
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

3legs

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2012, 08:54:16 pm »
Hi Tom
Well, you never know - I have always wanted to take bikers in at TT week.The only prob is that our house is up for sale and we might downsize, but we will see!!
It's grand prix week at the moment and there are loads of vintage and older bikes over - just been down the prom and there are quite a few.
There are races tomorrow but the weather looks iffy, so it might be sunday.
It's nice to live here and the TT course is great to ride, but you can get fed up with riding the same roads. The rest of the island's roads aren't great and sometimes all you want to do is ride for a good few miles. The no speed limit over the mountain is great though.
There is not much crime here and bikes/cars never seem to get stolen.
Cheers
Phil