Date: 29-03-24  Time: 13:31 pm

Author Topic: Speedo Drive Sensor  (Read 17588 times)

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Speedo Drive Sensor
« Reply #25 on: 11 August 2012, 08:12:37 pm »
Correct, they said they tested with a good part 15, I've had no reason not to trust them before.

Gumtree - Already contacted that guy, he said he has it but hasn't replied with a price yet but thanks for the links and research :) I do appreciate it, thanks ^^

Edit: Success. Found someone selling the part for £25 delivered. Should hopefully receive it within the next week or so... at which point I won't be at home, typical huh
« Last Edit: 13 August 2012, 07:41:59 pm by Dead Eye »

Shaun86

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 April 2018, 01:33:54 pm »
Just as a contribution to this conversation, I had the same problem with the speedo stopping after hitting a bad pothole in a national speed limit area: so it was not a fun experience. I just bought the rotor from a local Yamaha dealer for £22 and it should be ok now as apparently the part was known for failing on this model and so the bakelite has been reinforced with a plastic collar for the lugs. I found this post very useful for being sure I got the right part;
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fazerowners/speedo-sensor-sorted-t11571.html#p300468

Armitage

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 May 2018, 12:45:56 pm »
Thanks very much for the replies to this post. My 99 Fazer needed the rotor changed this week as last year it failed intermittently until I sprayed a ton of brake cleaner onto the sensor. Finally this week it gave up the ghost so perused the forums for an answer, found this post, bought the rotor, popped it in, jobs a good'un.