Date: 24-04-24  Time: 02:05 am

Author Topic: Switching energy suppliers  (Read 815 times)

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Switching energy suppliers
« on: 21 August 2012, 11:53:54 am »
Been with Scottish Power for 2 years and quite happy but they recently wrote to say my tarriff deal was ending so I shopped around.
EDF were offering a good deal so I phoned SP to see if they could match it. Lady on the phone checked my contract and said no.
OK so I started the changeover. 2 weeks later a letter from SP with the usual "Sorry to lose you" bollocks.

Now this morning some prat comes on the phone to tell me there will be an early termination penalty of £51, for cancelling 10 days before the end of my contract!!!!!

Firstly, I was not aware of this penalty. Secondly, why no mention in my phone call to SP or their letter to me????
Also, when I said OK I will stay with you till 31 August he said too late as I had already cancelled.

Just another way for them to extort more money from me.

TNUCs
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
Re: Switching energy suppliers
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2012, 12:32:59 pm »
Scottish Power did that to us a few years ago, British Gas sent us a sorry to lose you letter after the wife spoke to SP on the phone and agreed for them to send us some info.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Switching energy suppliers
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2012, 07:31:43 am »
Its not uncommon, I have had a very bigfallout with my telecoms supplier over a similar issue. THE big learning point is, check you are out of contract before contemplating a switch.I blame all this " money saving" stuff we get bombarded with, we get dewey eyed over big claims to save us money etc.I now have to sit out a daft telecoms contract for another year before I can truly do the switch I want !If not , I will have to pay the whole years fees up front ( or the balance left).All because I was daft enuff to actually believe the lying asshole person who was " advising" me. Thats from a company I had been with for many years. Suffice to say , they will lose my business the minute I am out of contract with them.
Trust nobody out there is my advice !...