Date: 25-04-24  Time: 12:21 pm

Author Topic: After market brake lines  (Read 962 times)

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
After market brake lines
« on: 31 July 2012, 08:50:23 pm »
Brought a set of stainless brake lines for my FZ6 which came as two long lines obviously meant to the joined at the master cylinder and run to each front caliper. Also short on for the rear

Went to get them fixed today in the bike shop and he wouldnt  :eek

The OEM brake line goes from the master cylinder to the nearside caliper where it is bracketed and then over the mudguard with a clip with a short brake line to the offside caliper where it isnt bracketed

He says that if he fits the twin lines the offside one will flop about as there is no bracket and may cause an accident.

Seem to recall when I had them fitted to my old FZS6 they just used a couple of zippy ties to hold the two brake lines together and it was never queried on subsequent MOT's etc

Any advice from bike mechanics out there?  :o :\
59 going on 57

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: After market brake lines
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2012, 09:02:25 pm »
I have done the the brake lines on many bikes i have owned , and I have always used two long ones on the front.My gen1 1000 has two lines on,from three originally,and  I have used two P clips to keep them tidy using the front mudguard mounting bolts.
Find another mechanic,do them yourself or get a mate to help if your not confident. 

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: After market brake lines
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2012, 10:27:47 pm »
Ta
59 going on 57