Date: 29-03-24  Time: 04:51 am

Author Topic: All Ivanised up.  (Read 10765 times)

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
Re: All Ivanised up.
« Reply #25 on: 16 October 2011, 07:12:21 pm »
Done over 100 miles today on a jaunt over to Rugby, really pleased  :D

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 October 2011, 07:48:20 pm »
To get home, you mean ... ? ;)  :lol

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #27 on: 16 October 2011, 10:17:07 pm »
No numb fingers or pins and needles whatsoever, I'm well chuffed  :lol

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 October 2011, 11:09:30 am »

only ask as my insurance company asked this year: 'any changes to the bike from when you last spoke to us?' i said no so they said 'in that case we can no longer insure you as there's a maximum of 3 modifcations policy now in force.' they lost my business from that moment.

I had that with quite a few companies this year. Finally went with H&R insurance who seemed quite happy with the 6 mods I have.

thats who im with :)

dazedandconfused

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 October 2011, 06:21:21 pm »

only ask as my insurance company asked this year: 'any changes to the bike from when you last spoke to us?' i said no so they said 'in that case we can no longer insure you as there's a maximum of 3 modifcations policy now in force.' they lost my business from that moment.

I had that with quite a few companies this year. Finally went with H&R insurance who seemed quite happy with the 6 mods I have.

thats who im with :)

When did you renew?

Did mine at beginning of August.
Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light.

MikeH57

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 31 December 2011, 10:52:09 pm »
eBike seem ok too - all my additions are listed out for peace of mind and don't seem to be over the top for price either

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 January 2012, 11:09:02 am »
I found last year that most companys were ok with most of my mods. the only ones that seemed to cause any issues at all was oddly enough the Front fork revalve and springs from Ktec. a couple of firms wouldnt insure me on that. a few firms loaded my premium with all the extra mods but wasnt by a huge amount mostly £10-20.
I was with Ebike for a couple of years and they never had a problem with my mods but i was loaded by an extra £12
but had SO much hassel with them over insuring a 125 for a short time and its allmost impossable to actualy TALK to someone there so i didnt like the idea of trying to ever make a claim or if there was another problem down the line.

So this year i went on meercat site and got the top 3 qoutes and then called those to explain all the mods. then picked the one that fitted me best. was around £100 FC wit all mods declaired

Never had any site bothered about the ivans kit, allthough i do sometimes declair it as a Dynojet kit as some firms have a box for that.

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 January 2012, 01:24:33 pm »
Is there an equivelant Ivanising for fuel injected bikes? I have a 2009 FZ6 which is said to have the better fuel injection and have to say that generally I am pleased with the fuelling except after coming off a closed throttle going round a bend (yes I know positive throttle should be used but....) and then it seems like a light switch- nothing and then oops  :eek

maybe a Power Commander would sort it but then that is a performance enhancement and I only want to correct a fuelling problem.
59 going on 57

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 January 2012, 02:47:31 pm »
My understanding of a powercomander is that its programable, so although most do use it to increase performance it all depends on the map you download to it. so a map that just cures the issue and didnt increase performance would be possable maybe.
but no matter what map you ran insurance would consider it a performance mod no doubt so may as well just give it a performance map /shrug

I know nothing about the FZ6 but the FI gen 2 1000 had a FCE (fuel cutout eliminator?) that could be fitted to solve a problem sim to what you said i think.
not much help as im realy not sure the in's and outs of it.