Date: 26-04-24  Time: 14:25 pm

Author Topic: All Ivanised up.  (Read 10851 times)

dazedandconfused

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
All Ivanised up.
« on: 01 October 2011, 09:47:47 pm »
Had my bike done today by the amazing Falcon269. Cheers Mike, watching you work was quite amazing. I beleive you when you say you could do it in your sleep.  :lol

Rode  back through the Peak District (didn't see a single  :stop ) with a couple of friends on SV650s (well someone has to ride them) and I have to say I am very happy with the improvement. It's so smooth and vibration free. Now I just have to change the plugs and air filter and strip/rebuild the exup valve and i'll be sorted.  :)

Last few miles home on twistys that I know and love were somewhat entertaining.  :lol :lol

Cheers to Karl for making his garage available as well.
Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light.

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
Re: All Ivanised up.
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2011, 08:56:44 am »
Had my bike done today by the amazing Falcon269. Cheers Mike, watching you work was quite amazing. I beleive you when you say you could do it in your sleep.  :lol

Rode  back through the Peak District (didn't see a single  :stop ) with a couple of friends on SV650s (well someone has to ride them) and I have to say I am very happy with the improvement. It's so smooth and vibration free. Now I just have to change the plugs and air filter and strip/rebuild the exup valve and i'll be sorted.  :)

Last few miles home on twistys that I know and love were somewhat entertaining.  :lol :lol

Cheers to Karl for making his garage available as well.

Your welcome Neil, I'm glad your pleased,

A a pleasure meeting you Neil also Anna and Adam , I was hoping to get out and try mine but my lad's got the hump and doesn't want to go out with his mum, so I'm stuck at home  :'(

So what about the others are you pleased with your bikes?.

P.S.  Big Thanks to Mike (Falcon 269) What a top bloke you are, Certainly a pleasure meeting and spending the day with you!
« Last Edit: 02 October 2011, 08:57:39 am by karlo »

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2011, 05:23:35 pm »
I've just come back from my first post "Full Monty" ride ande am very happy, the bike feels like its lost a shed load of weight, it revs a lot more freely and pulls harder throughout the range. I guess due to the less restrictive airbox and loosing the rubber blanket that sits over the lid it not only goes better it even sounds better too.

So I'd also like to add my thanks to Mike especailly as he took the time and trouble to fit me in even though it meant a rediculously early start for him on a Sunday morning, it was much appreciated. It was great to finally meet him and watch him make a series of pretty complex operations look simple.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2011, 06:37:48 am »
Hi to everyone I met on my travels this weekend.  Got back on time last night, tired and relieved that the crazy schedule actually worked.  :D

As always, it's great to read positive feedback on the results of the 'Ivanising' jobs ... all credit goes to the man who came up with this great jet kit. 

Big thanks to Keith, Karl, John, Paul and Gary for providing me somewhere to work and a special mention to Karl for sticking with me throughout a long working day at his place.  You should now be qualified to do the job yourself in future, mate. :lol

I'll get around to e-mailing those I promised additional info to over the next day or so.  Off to work first, though ...  :rolleyes

Cheers!

Mike

PieEater

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2011, 02:36:04 pm »
Another positive is that the choke works properly now, set it to the idle speed you want and it stays there....No more having to continually adjust the choke whilst you get your kit on. Plus when the bikes warm you can just hit the start button and it fires up and idles straight off just like a fuel injected bike.

rsciw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 October 2011, 04:18:52 pm »
hm, sounds all good indeed. I may after all decide to get it done too.

What are the overall costs incl. kits and fittings? I'm a noob when it comes to this, so I would have someone else get it onto my bike :)

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2011, 04:43:23 pm »
I would have someone else get it onto my bike :)
Not just any old 'someone else' - make sure you converse with Falcon 269 for when he's next available - there is NO ONE ELSE, there Can Be Only One!  :)
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

rsciw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2011, 04:57:37 pm »
I wouldn't know, not that familiar yet with who's who here, thanks for the recommendation :)

dazedandconfused

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2011, 09:38:46 pm »
Mike (Falcon 269) is definitely the man for Ivanising. It was fun to watch him work.  :)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 October 2011, 11:25:46 pm »
Got mine the full monty several years ago by mike and touch wood (head!)  :rollin it has ran absolutely faultlessly. I also bought another fazer 1000 with 107'000 miles recently for work, which had just the carb kit done, also by mike (Carlisle i think)and it also runs perfectly, So if anyone has any doubts about the tuning causing any issues or longevity of there bike, both my bikes are testament to ivans kit and also the brilliant work mike does. Can't recommend the man highly enough. Ps.. if anyone in Scotland wants the work done contact mike and you can come over to my place (Glasgow) to have the work done. Would be good to see mike again!
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2011, 03:32:35 pm »
Mike (Falcon 269) is definitely the man for Ivanising. It was fun to watch him work.  :)

I never imagined 'Ivanising' could become a spectator event but if it kept you entertained then so much the better.  :lol

My thanks to all who wrote complimentary things about the outcome of my efforts but as I've always said, the real credit lies with the guy who created the kit and the various other mods that go into the Full Monty.

Mike

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2011, 03:59:23 pm »

am i to understand then that my standard carb setup bike is normal when it starts from cold with a bit of choke and then the idle speed slowly falls until i ride it for a 100 yards or so and then it settles and yet, from warm is a tad reluctant to start without giving it a bit more throttle than i am mechanically sympathetic with? and the full monty kit fixes all this as well as giving more power?

if so then this goes from a maybe to a definate for me.

bludclot
is it clean enough?

PieEater

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

am i to understand then that my standard carb setup bike is normal when it starts from cold with a bit of choke and then the idle speed slowly falls until i ride it for a 100 yards or so and then it settles and yet, from warm is a tad reluctant to start without giving it a bit more throttle than i am mechanically sympathetic with? and the full monty kit fixes all this as well as giving more power?
Thats been my experience so far, although I've not been able to ride the bike as much as I'd like since last weekend.

JKay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 October 2011, 08:21:53 pm »
Its the best value for money I've ever spent modifying a bike

"Mike 269,by the way bike is running brilliantly since your visit to Lincoln dressed as the "ivanator" instant pick up makes it handle easier and much better starting and all round performance,fuel economy is not affected at all."

frpm another post

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 October 2011, 08:37:10 pm »
Full Monty by Mike last year, dynoed at 135+ bhp at back wheel - out for a 300 mile jaunt today, 52mpg  :D
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2011, 01:45:00 pm »
Finally had chance to take mine for a spin unfortunately only in to the town but hay it's better than now't and quite windy :eek , first impressions are as follows:

Start's better and ticks over virtually from go

Definitely smoother

Picks up far better from lower revs

Sounds awesome on song with my can

I must admit I was a little about getting it done  but on first impressions, am I glad I did............................ Oh Yes!

big thanks to Mike for doing the fitting and obviously to Ivan for developing these kits, Can't wait to try her out on a longer run.

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2011, 11:28:16 pm »
Just read PieEaters comment on the choke and realise I've had mine too long. I thought that was just the way the thou works - no choke in summer and just a touch in winter.

BTW I can confirm that that applies to full monty and the jet kit only version.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2011, 09:20:00 am »

how many of you ivanised guys have told your insurance companies?
is it clean enough?

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 October 2011, 10:54:11 am »
Mine know about all my mods to date (apart from the led lighting kits ) from the full monty (actualy declared as a Dyno jet kit as they have heard of that) to the clear indicator lens and all the suspension mods etc.
takes me a good 30 mins come renewal to list them all :P
most of them they dont care about but i list them anyway to be safe.

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 October 2011, 07:41:13 am »
my insurance knows bludclot , never made a difference to my premiums :)

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 October 2011, 08:46:12 am »
Mine know about all my mods to date (apart from the led lighting kits ) from the full monty (actually declared as a Dyno jet kit as they have heard of that)

mine is down as air box mod. Tried to explain the Fully monty but they didn't get it, so then i said Dyno Jet kit then they started asking me which one? so i said balls to it...put it down as an air box mod.....which it is  :rolleyes

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 October 2011, 09:34:41 am »
Mine says standard to save me the extra £500 they all wanted... It also doesn't have a topbox, scottoiller, engine bars and braided hoses...

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 October 2011, 08:02:47 pm »

only ask as my insurance company asked this year: 'any changes to the bike from when you last spoke to us?' i said no so they said 'in that case we can no longer insure you as there's a maximum of 3 modifcations policy now in force.' they lost my business from that moment.
is it clean enough?

dazedandconfused

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 15 October 2011, 01:03:33 pm »

only ask as my insurance company asked this year: 'any changes to the bike from when you last spoke to us?' i said no so they said 'in that case we can no longer insure you as there's a maximum of 3 modifcations policy now in force.' they lost my business from that moment.

I had that with quite a few companies this year. Finally went with H&R insurance who seemed quite happy with the 6 mods I have.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 October 2011, 02:40:49 pm »
hmm maybe getting ready for the new EU laws about no mods..... its starting allready  :evil