Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:19 pm

Author Topic: BARGAIN > Pazzo-Style Levers  (Read 3811 times)

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
BARGAIN > Pazzo-Style Levers
« on: 23 June 2012, 09:28:11 am »
The reason I'm posting this, is to spread the news that yes, now and again you can find a genuine bargain!  :eek

Twice now, I've bought a pair of Pazzo-style levers for £24 from Hong Kong and twice I've been absolutely delighted with the product. The first time I bought these was for my CBR600 and to be honest with you, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had never arrived or if they were a load of cheap tat. But they did arrive and they look great!!

They fitted to the CBR with no problems whatsoever and so I decided to order a pair for the FZS. They arrived after a week and as before, they came superbly packed and went onto the bike without a single hitch. How the hell can you beat that for £24? Even if you only wanted some new levers to replace your battered old ones, these are a perfect, cost-saving replacement.

I heard about them in a bike magazine (copy attached). The levers are available in a very wide range of colours and sizes and are available to fit most bikes.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RANGE

Tom.

QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: BARGAIN > Pazzo-Style Levers
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2012, 09:35:26 am »
Don't know how much difference there is between different levers and bikes but there is no option for the FZS600  :\

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2012, 09:43:48 am »
they look brill now what colour mmmm :D

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2012, 10:23:09 am »
Don't know how much difference there is between different levers and bikes but there is no option for the FZS600  :\

That's a bummer Panthor :( 

You'll have to see if any of the other Yams listed are compatible with the FZS600

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2012, 12:05:32 pm »
I've not heard of those people but their site and product look good but I will add a word of caution about buying willy nilly from the far east - especialy some levers from ebay. Check for reviews and feedback about the product.

Be aware that some of these products are cheap and are manuctured cheaply. Sometimes the working tolorances aren't brilliant resulting in small amounts of pressure being applied to the front brake. Over time this may cause heated brakes temps and in rare cases can cause the front wheel to lock up possibley resulting in loss of control. So if your're going to fit levers always check the free movment of the front wheel after instalation then after brief operation/test ride to make sure everything's working hunky dory.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2012, 12:09:41 pm »
That makes sense Kosmic. I'm pleased to report that these are spot on. The only thing you have to do once they're fitted, is nip up the pivot-point hex bolt.

scottomus0

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2012, 06:33:21 pm »
the Fzs1000 is on the list, will that be same fitting as the 600?? would love some of these

Gingernutz

• FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion
    June 08
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2012, 07:04:10 pm »
The 600 and 1000 use different levers - you can get a brake one but not a clutch - and the brake is adjustable anyway. Titlax cost me £55 clutch alone :'(

dvdbedford

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Bandit 1250s
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2012, 08:36:27 pm »
I can vouch for these too, had a set on my 'GSXR' and was so impressed that I bought another pair for the current 'Blade' when I got that,
now......,
I HATE wasting money and to my eternal shame have bought some shocking tat on Ebay before (I take no pride in it) but genuinely these are surprisingly good and I'd pay more for them - in fact when I sold my GSXR via OYB in Aylesbury, they were so impressed after test riding it that they took a picture of the levers and made it a selling feature on the ad (custom levers etc........).
Anyway - DYOR as they say, but I'll get more of these  :-)
'Still lazy, after all these years'.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2012, 09:12:11 pm »
for the 600 owners could you not get the 1000 clutch lever post? i dont see why that should not work unless the depth of where the cable goes into it is a lot smaller

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2012, 12:53:19 am »
Have had a set of these on the gen 1 1000 for allmost 2 years now. They still work and fit well and have recommended to lots of others.
As said above though there have been reports on some import levers about brake rubbing or the brake lights being triggered at the wrong time so do check. Also the colour on mine (black) did fade fairly fast. But still think they are well worth the cost.

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2012, 11:58:02 am »
before i buy a set whats the benifit of buying a set as at the moment the standard ones have adjustable span on the brake side ??

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 June 2012, 08:26:47 am »
I have ordered a set ... tbh for £23 delivered....its a no brainer.

I have a set of  cheapo( pazzo copies)  adjustable levers on my FZS which cost £36 a pair over 4 yrs ago....so there is a comparison.These levers are now about £48 a pair..I have had no issues at all with them...so dont be put off buying cheaper copies of pazzos. You are paying for a brand with pazzo...

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #13 on: 25 June 2012, 09:25:29 am »
Had some on my CBR and they were fine would have standard length next time instead of short ones.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 June 2012, 11:09:05 am »
I have a set of similar levers on the Ape and they are great my brother IL had a set on his trumpet .
I bought a pair for the Zx12 years ago and as KK said they were poorly made and did not engage the brakes fully.
So i wait from direct feedback before buying them now
Its just a ride

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 July 2012, 04:16:00 pm »
Just got a set for the fz6 came in box with two protective bags and bubble wrap , qaulity is brill but :D my colour choice isnt  :'( went and got the gold lever and red adjuster see if it grows on me