Date: 16-04-24  Time: 19:50 pm

Author Topic: Motorway Limit to 90  (Read 9205 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Motorway Limit to 90
« Reply #25 on: 03 October 2011, 07:03:21 pm »
The problem with legally permitted "undertaking" is you'll get some idiots who see it as legitimising carving back and forth across the lanes in the hope of saving a few minutes on their journey plus you'll get others who'll think "well it's ok if I sit in the middle lane all the time because people can pass either side of me..."

Jacko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 October 2011, 07:33:53 pm »
agree with passing in any lane, just drove in states and it works a treat.
I do it now sometimes, won't go from lane one to three to pass.
not that bothered about speed limits, we do what we like anyway.
Sent from my pants - using talkingbollocks

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2011, 09:20:09 pm »
I came down the M11, round the M25 and onto the M23 yesterday and the number of tw@ts who hog the middle lane is unbelievable. Worst offenders believe it or not were BMW's.

On several occasions I overtook a BMW using lane 3 then moved over to lane 1 for the next couple of miles only to find the BMW had finally caught up with me just as I was about to overtake the next thing in lane2. Feccin BMW went past me then didnt go into lane 3, just stayed behind the next braindead feccer in lane 2 whilst I went past them both in lane 3.

So what I can hear you saying. I had cruise control set to 70ish and was going a constant speed all that time where they were playing around with their speed and getting nowhere.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 October 2011, 07:46:15 am »
speed limits aint the problem, its shite driving standards. I rode back from liverpool cupla weekends ago, and it was faster to ride ( legally)  in lane1 and overtake into lane 2 than queue up in lane 3.
Appalling driving creates the queues, not really the difference between 70 and 80. We have this congestion now when almost everyone drives at 80...so whats gonna change ?