Date: 26-04-24  Time: 07:56 am

Author Topic: Bikesafe castle Combe this Saturday  (Read 3274 times)

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Bikesafe castle Combe this Saturday
« on: 31 May 2012, 08:45:06 pm »
Too late to book now but there will be plenty of stalls and demonstrations and you can watch my 15 minutes of fame on the track around 2pm- nose pressed up against the wire.

I try and do some training every year and Bikesafe assessed ride seems a good start plus this year our IAM group is finally running a few ride outs- havent had an assessment since I passed in 2009

I will be wearing my FZ6.com T shirt as we dont seem to have a Foccers T shirt..... now there is a thought- I would buy one

FOC-U
Foccers do it on a Yamaha
I am a silly Foccer

The list is endless and only limited by your imagination

How do we go about getting a site T shirt and help the finances of the site a little bit?

And if you dont want to go there... last year there must have been 50 police bikes there from Thames Valley, Devon and Cornwall and Avon and Somerset so the roads should be pretty police bike free around the whole south west  ;)

Enjoy
59 going on 57

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Bikesafe castle Combe this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2012, 09:05:19 pm »
I'm booked on for Sat but i've had to changed from 11am to the 8am slot as I need to get back to Cardiff for mid-day to watch the Rugby in the stadium....will be leaving at 6am to head to Castle Coombe...Ooof!  :eek

Annoyingly, i'm pretty confident that they wont allow me to ride my bike for the 15 min track bit so i'm pretty gutted about that. I have a Mivv can and keep the baffle in but i'm quite confident it's still louder than the 105db limit  :(

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2012, 09:10:57 pm »
I had to put the STD OE exhaust on the gen 1 to pass it, they are much tougher there than most places.
they ask it to be 75% revs so around 9k on mine

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2012, 09:12:43 pm »
thanks dolau im off to devon this weekend yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :rollin

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2012, 09:15:27 pm »
I had to put the STD OE exhaust on the gen 1 to pass it, they are much tougher there than most places.
they ask it to be 75% revs so around 9k on mine

I was hoping to do the same thing but have had the craziest couple of weeks (pregnant sis staying at mine on visit from Oz, moving house, MOT's for FZS600 & car, FZ1 in garage for new tyres, mental in work) and haven't gotten around to it.

Ah well, assessment ride only for me and maybe track time another day  :rolleyes

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2012, 09:45:01 pm »
Brace stay up late and sort it out, after all thats why you booked that bike safe course. :pokefun
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2012, 09:54:29 pm »
Do you know if the OE can will bolt onto the link pipe that I guess the Mivv exhaust came with (was fitted by prev owner)?

Also, don't I need to fit and attach an EXUP valve? Not quite sure on what to do with that one?

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2012, 04:20:01 am »
Maybe see some of you there then

I am leaving around 7am from Wales and should get there about 9:30 after getting fuel etc.

Last year couldnt find fuel on the race track but I am told there is some just not on the route signed into the track parking

Forecast is dry and cool- excellent! last year I was too hot (but not complaining)  :rolleyes
59 going on 57

snooky

• Always blowing his own Trumpet
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Street Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2012, 09:05:29 am »
I'll be there as helping out with the Bike experience as they have a stand and will also be doing some demo's.
And Nooj will be there with his Shineybike stand as well so pop in and say hello to him

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2012, 07:40:26 pm »
Well OE can fitted so hopefully i'll pass the noise test  :\

I'll be arriving for registration at 7:15am....Oooof!

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 June 2012, 08:43:51 pm »
Shinybike- I have never met Nooj but I had his LED tail lights on my old FZS6 I will certainly try and find him!

Last year I was pretty knackered by the time I had finished the track part but if it is cooler I may go home over the old bridge and Chepstow up the Wye valley to Monmouth and then on up to Hereford and make a proper day of it YEEEEEEHA!
59 going on 57

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2012, 07:10:57 pm »
Soooo.........

Was it any good?? Or are you all in jail for being reprebates. :lol

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2012, 07:37:58 pm »
Soooo.........

Well the Bikesafe bit was short and sweet. Simon the copper (No. 15 bike) was a nice bloke but didn't really have many tips for improvement as he said that we both rode very well (ie, position, speed, awareness etc).

To be honest, the route was very easy and it was early morning so there weren't many cars to demonstrate overtaking etc but always nice to get affirmation of my riding from an experienced guy.

BUT.....the track session was awesome!!! Totally addictive and being able to unleash my FZ1 on a racetrack was awesome! I had that bad boy screaming like a bitch and my heart rate must have been pumping...totally loved it!

By the end, my brakes smelt hot, the tyres were uber hot and sticky and my engine temp was almost 90 degrees when it normally runs at about 70 - 75....I was buzzing and wanted more  :D

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2012, 10:02:56 pm »
Soooo.........

Well the Bikesafe bit was short and sweet. Simon the copper (No. 15 bike) was a nice bloke but didn't really have many tips for improvement as he said that we both rode very well (ie, position, speed, awareness etc).

To be honest, the route was very easy and it was early morning so there weren't many cars to demonstrate overtaking etc but always nice to get affirmation of my riding from an experienced guy.

BUT.....the track session was awesome!!! Totally addictive and being able to unleash my FZ1 on a racetrack was awesome! I had that bad boy screaming like a bitch and my heart rate must have been pumping...totally loved it!

By the end, my brakes smelt hot, the tyres were uber hot and sticky and my engine temp was almost 90 degrees when it normally runs at about 70 - 75....I was buzzing and wanted more  :D

So it was good thing that i bullied you into staying up late and sorting out your exhaust. ;)

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2012, 10:13:08 pm »
Ha ha, absolutely mate! The guy I did my assessed ride with had an Aprillia with a sports can with baffle fitted and he failed the noise test....my Mivv can would have definately failed for sure!

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 June 2012, 07:28:40 pm »
I had the same - Bikseafe copper didnt turn up and I got teamed up with a lady rider on a blade and a different rider who didnt know the route and indicated late.

Last year stopped halfway to change leads and discuss the ride so far- this one just stopped in a busstop and waved me to the front and then back to the race track for a short de-brief which like you said was positive and not very helpful

Track...... well I embarased myself again started behind the instructor and raced to last position- got overtaken by everybody and got lapped by four  :o ... even a bloke on a Pan with a top box overtook me.

I ended up riding slower than I have on the road. The maximum speed I did was 87  :\ I have the video to prove it

Tyres were cooked but didnt improve the chicken strips at all despite the huge width and run-off available to me - I guess the track isnt my thing :'(
59 going on 57

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 June 2012, 07:29:49 pm »

59 going on 57

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 June 2012, 07:36:08 pm »
87?...Ooof!

I know I nudged 130 just before braking hard into Folly  :car Vrrroooooom

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 June 2012, 12:40:39 pm »
I know- there was even a girl on an SV650 who could hardly touch the floor went faster than me..... and I am not THAT slow on the road?

Cant understand it!
59 going on 57

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 June 2012, 01:05:31 pm »
I know- there was even a girl on an SV650 who could hardly touch the floor went faster than me..... and I am not THAT slow on the road?

Cant understand it!

Looking after your pride and joy obviously.

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 June 2012, 08:52:52 pm »
I know what it is... I am just going to be 59!  :eek and feeling old  :rolleyes
59 going on 57