Date: 20-04-24  Time: 02:31 am

Author Topic: Another returner  (Read 1291 times)

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
Another returner
« on: 27 May 2012, 09:45:09 pm »
It seems that as per a lot of posts, I am another back in the Fazer fold, three years ago had a lovely FZS600SP 2000 in Gold / Black, then son number 1 turned 17 and the need for funding driving lessons, cheap car (wrote off in 4 x days), even cheaper 2nd car and insurance for him meant a reluctant sale of the Fazer, I was gutted to sell it, especially as virtually mint and was bought by a m/c courier in London! at least he paid the full asking.

Anyhows, Son no.1 slowly (very) becoming more financially independent so on a small budget picked another FZS600 this weekend, not quite as good as my last but a 98 plate in black (the fastest colour obviously) 16k miles, full service history and a very sweet engine, took out for 150mile bimble with a mate on a similar aged Thundercat today and  the bike rode faultlessly so can't complain.

Need to "jazz" it up a little and got a few small areas of rust - mainly top of forks that I will need to deal with, I would also be very interested to hear from anyone with a S/S radiator cover and / or black bagster tank cover that they may have up for grabs (for the FZS600 '98), could paypal or cash/collect if localish

Based in East Devon, not the most prolific of posters but always used the old site to good effect and will no doubt do the same on this site, so hello all and thanks in advance for any help I may ask for and receive  :)

Jonesthesteam

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: Another returner
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 07:45:43 am »
Welcome back! Shame about the previous bike but kids have a bad affect on the pocket-good news is that they do eventually "go their own way". I only got back to 2 wheels when my 2 grew & flew.Sure you will find the bits you need on here. Whereabouts in East Devon? I grew up there took my test in Exeter many years ago. :)

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2012, 08:39:30 pm »
Welcome back! Shame about the previous bike but kids have a bad affect on the pocket-good news is that they do eventually "go their own way". I only got back to 2 wheels when my 2 grew & flew.Sure you will find the bits you need on here. Whereabouts in East Devon? I grew up there took my test in Exeter many years ago. :)

East of Exeter just outside of Honiton (or 'unniton as they say down yur), took my test too in Exeter, both car and bike - pretty easy place to learn just lots of traffic lights to contend with - Thanks for the welcome

Jonesthesteam

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2012, 08:57:33 pm »
You mean UNITUN! My mum still lives in Sidmouth. My family moved to Devon from Kent in 1963. I finished school Ottery St Mary then worked Exeter  until 73 when I started to travel round UK with work.Took both bike & car test Exeter but the test for bikes was a bit of a joke in those far off days! :lol