Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:04 pm

Author Topic: A2 petition  (Read 824 times)

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
A2 petition
« on: 23 May 2022, 07:25:08 pm »
Hi all
I thought I'd post this link to the A2 licence petition to automatically upgrade to A1 after two years just in case anyone hasn't  seen this already elsewhere, got to be worth signing 👍

Not that the government ever listens to the public, but it can't hurt to try eh 🙂

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/608482
« Last Edit: 23 May 2022, 07:28:55 pm by beuleux »
*Disclaimer*
Nothing I say should in any way be taken as a good idea 😄

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: A2 petition
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2022, 10:06:16 pm »
I've signed it, but even if it gets enough signatures for a debate, there's absolutely nothing there that will make anyone *do* anything about it... :(

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: A2 petition
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2022, 06:47:35 am »
I've been saying this for years. I also think they should scrap the stupid age restrictions and just make everyone have A2 restrictions when they pass (which then subsequently is upgraded to an A after 2 years)
 I think its insane that at 23 you have to be restricted to 48bhp  but for no apparent reason at 24 you suddenly become capable of riding a 200bhp superbike the day after you pass your test 🤷‍♂️🙈
I think it would make people much better riders to be restricted for the first 2 years, to learn how to actually ride well before being concerned with lots of power. I dare say it would even save lives