Date: 19-04-24  Time: 16:25 pm

Author Topic: MAG Protest  (Read 1925 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
MAG Protest
« on: 25 September 2011, 10:24:34 pm »
That was a great day! I joined the Motorcycle Action Group rideout from Rownhams Services with several hundred other bikers protesting about planned new EU regulations for bikes.

Everyone was well behaved, the Police were excellent (holding traffic at slip roads for us!) and after that I went on a ride on my own, had an excellent carvery meal and got home, knackered but happy :)

But the annoying thing is that despite a national protest by thousands of bikers all over the country, there seems to have been sod all coverage by the national BBC and Sky news :(

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: MAG Protest
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2011, 12:20:55 pm »
I know from living in London that there are protests happening there every month. Add on those happening outside London and you can see why the only ones that get reported are the really big ones or the ones with actual or potential trouble. "Everyone was well behaved, the Police were excellent" there's your problem guv :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: MAG Protest
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2011, 01:36:30 am »
Maybe we were too nice and next time we should emulate the French bikers and bring cities to a standstill...   :rolleyes