Date: 24-04-24  Time: 02:40 am

Author Topic: my bike can breath better now  (Read 992 times)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
my bike can breath better now
« on: 13 April 2012, 11:19:05 pm »
i took the air filter out and i found it was a bit dirty,and on the top of the filter was a date,

you can just make out the date and it is july 2005,here is a pic of the inside of the filter

all this is basic servicing,which looks to be neglected,the bike does have iridium plugs so someone did spend out once,i will get a new set and replace them but they do look ok.
for the air filter as i could not get one localy (my local yamaha dealer went bust (george whites) and the local bike shops could not get a price so i made an air filter,i just happened to have a vauxhall midi (i think) air filter which is a cylindrical shape,i cut it down and it fits nicely inside the air filter box,and it ha a slightly bigger filter coverage,and the cost was zero,here is a pic of the part i did not use
,yes i did clean it up before fitting,it will do till i can get around to fitting a k&n or similar filter.

i also have a working choke,which my bike does need on a cold morning,this morning my bike took a while before it ran properly because it was cold,i recycled some bicycle parts i had lying around,it cost me just £3 for an inner cable

so i have managed to do things on a budget,my next job is to get some new clutch plates which wont be cheap