Date: 16-04-24  Time: 11:43 am

Author Topic: Beam deflectors for the continent  (Read 834 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Beam deflectors for the continent
« on: 11 September 2019, 09:17:05 pm »
Fed up of fellows in France flashing me because of my lights and with me slowing thinking it might be the police or cameras, I decided to make up my own Beam deflectors before I headed of to France this time
Standard over the counter beam deflectors are not really any good on the Fazers as it is the reflector which deflects the beam not the lens.
They worked a treat  :D as the only time I was flashed was by another biker to warn of a police car stopped about a kilometer ahead, when I was tipping along a 'little' over the limit  :eek on a back road heading to see Merlins Tomb and the Fountain of Youth.
Backed off to 90K and saw the car with no one in it and then saw two officers inside in the middle of a field talking to a farmer on his tractor.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Beam deflectors for the continent
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2019, 08:11:57 am »
Backed off to 90K and saw the car with no one in it and then saw two officers inside in the middle of a field talking to a farmer on his tractor.

If it was a single caridgeway road in France, you were lucky :pokefun

The limit is 80kmh and French plod will do you at 81kmh

Personally I have never used beam deflectors on my bikes in France but if you want to, that's fine. A piece of black tape is all that is needed to stop the "kick-up" to the left and is what I used on cars years ago.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Beam deflectors for the continent
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2019, 10:41:13 am »
Mine’s the other way round, annoys all the UK drivers as it’s an import! But rarely ride the Fazer in the winter and therefore not a major issue. Winter bike for that!