Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:12 am

Author Topic: Think you are a long distance cyclist?  (Read 978 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Think you are a long distance cyclist?
« on: 19 August 2019, 09:08:16 pm »
Have a go at this :eek
https://www.paris-brest-paris.org/index2.php?lang=en&cat=presentation&page=historique_pbp

7600 cyclists left Paris between 4pm yesterday and 5am this morning to cycle to Brest and back. A total of 1200km (800 miles) and they must complete the "race" within 90 hours with no backup vehicles. They stop where they want, eat and sleep when/where they want and basically cycle for as many of the 24 hours each day as their body will allow.

They are currently over halfway to Brest having passed through the area where I am (Mayenne) today. Hopefully I wont see to many of the foccers tomorrow but expect to see a lot on their way back to Paris on Wednesday

Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Think you are a long distance cyclist?
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2019, 09:15:54 pm »
Somebody needs to inform the poor sods that it's possible to get a bike with an engine fitted with then they could cover that 800miles in less than 16 hours (in a brisk fashion of course) and be home in time for tea :lol

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Think you are a long distance cyclist?
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2019, 07:32:48 pm »
Somebody needs to inform the poor sods that it's possible to get a bike with an engine fitted with then they could cover that 800miles in less than 16 hours (in a brisk fashion of course) and be home in time for tea :lol

The first rider apparently got to Brest (600km) after 20 hours!!!!!

I was out and about at lunchitime today and say riders half way back to Paris already!
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again