Date: 25-04-24  Time: 14:17 pm

Author Topic: Unbranded Helmet headset, pretty good  (Read 720 times)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Unbranded Helmet headset, pretty good
« on: 27 July 2019, 08:13:01 pm »
My cardo Q3 recently gave up the ghost so I was looking to get another. Saw an unbranded one on eBay, a BT-S3 model. They come with all sorts of brands stuck on but this is blank, £30 delivered.

I wasn't expecting the same thing as a scala but it is pretty impressive for the price. The speakers etc are about the same, I can't really notice a difference.  The radio, which is pretty much what I use it for 99% of the time is great, good signal, easy tuning.

Phone calls (via Bluetooth) are also as good as the Q3. Battery has lasted a full week without charging (about 8hrs use with radio and a few phone calls).

The only negatives I have come across are that unlike the Q3 you can't set a phone number to call when you press the call button thrice. It simply calls the last number you rang. The buttons are OK, not quite as easy to find with gloves on but not bad at all.

You also can't preset radio stations. It's just like the good old days of one channel.

One reason I shelled out for the scala was for its bike to bike stuff but I have actually only used that feature once, when trying it with a friend... I haven't tried it with this one yet.

For £30 it is definitely worth a punt.

Intentionally left blank

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Unbranded Helmet headset, pretty good
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2019, 08:25:37 pm »
Link?
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help