Date: 19-04-24  Time: 21:09 pm

Author Topic: Chain adjuster question??  (Read 771 times)

Fzs600irl

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Chain adjuster question??
« on: 23 June 2019, 08:08:05 pm »
hey lads removed my rear wheel today to do some cleaning lubricating etc... but with such excitement to be in the shed  :D  I pulled out my chain adjusters from the swingarm not noting what way they came out. I know my left and right. I put them back in as the attached pic shows. hoping someone can tell me if I’m correct or not cheers

Grib

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Chain adjuster question??
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2019, 08:42:04 pm »
Other way round according to the parts book, cast legs facing the wheel on both sides. I don't think it really matters though, LH and RH are the same part number, as long as the stud lines up with the hole in the end cap it wont make any difference.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2019, 08:52:44 pm »
If you put in in loose you should not see any gaps when you slide it in and out looking at the long ajustment slot from the outside. To see what I mean do it both ways and see the difference   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Fzs600irl

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2019, 09:10:58 pm »
If you put in in loose you should not see any gaps when you slide it in and out looking at the long ajustment slot from the outside. To see what I mean do it both ways and see the difference

Yes that’s the way I have it in now so that there is no gaps either side of the nut if the wheel is full forward or back. I imagined this was correct until I looked at the parts assemble list and it has it the other way. I’m going to leave it as so as it makes more sense. Wonder why the parts list has it that way 😏

Fzs600irl

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2019, 09:51:00 pm »
I just had another look there and as you are looking in the end of the swing arm you can see top and bottom on the outher side of each leg where the the casting tabs have rubbed over the years from been taking in and out so it must be in right!

bandit

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2019, 10:45:08 pm »
I just had another look there and as you are looking in the end of the swing arm you can see top and bottom on the outher side of each leg where the the casting tabs have rubbed over the years from been taking in and out so it must be in right!

Just to confirm that you do have them the right way.  Smile
« Last Edit: 23 June 2019, 10:46:32 pm by bandit »

Fzs600irl

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2019, 12:15:07 am »
Perfect thanks for the replies people appreciate it. Again it’s only as minor detail but it’s nice to know it’s right especailly when its to do with wheels drivetrain etc.,, thanks again.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2019, 02:04:08 pm »
I knew we were talking about it a while ago - here it is same subject. http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,18060.msg209845.html#msg209845
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.