Date: 26-04-24  Time: 04:30 am

Author Topic: My New Fazer. ( couple of issues )  (Read 973 times)

jp2000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
My New Fazer. ( couple of issues )
« on: 09 June 2019, 08:28:23 pm »
Finally had my first Fazer delivered last night. chuffed to bits with her. Just a couple of issues to sort out. 65k a little high but it was cheap  :D  Any advice would be appreciated. Exhaust seems to be blowing around the EXUP valve. biggest issue is the clutch. clutch works when riding but when I come to a stop im unable to get neutral and clutch doesn't disengage properly as the bike still wants to move. Would this just be a worn out clutch ? or could it be something else. Thanks for any advice.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: My New Fazer. ( couple of issues )
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2019, 04:20:42 pm »

Exup blowing - carefully undo the outer cover 3 bolts - which are mild steel from new and prone to shearing - and see whether you can determine where the gasses are escaping and post back to us. There's a wealth of exup knowledge on here but it is a weak point on these bikes until sorted and regularly serviced. Replace with stainless screws if not already done....

Clutch - this could be a worn clutch but best to check the simple things first - try adjusting the cable. If that doesn't fix it then changing the cable might. Genuine cables are relatively expensive but after market cables are not worth the packaging they come in.

Hope this helps.
is it clean enough?

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2019, 06:04:42 pm »
A worn out clutch will slip rather than fail to disengage. Same goes for the springs.

Sounds like the cable needs adjusting to move the biting point further away from the bars.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

jp2000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2019, 06:40:29 pm »
Taken the cover off today the clutch appears to be brand new but the plug on the main shaft is missing so I think this is the cause. Can anyone help with a part number or where to get one from please.

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2019, 07:38:20 pm »
This is his issue see picture, I replied in your other post, try the local engineering shop (engine Builders) they should have the plugs its around 1/2" in size. Drive it in about 5mm from the end of the shaft

jp2000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2019, 08:36:42 pm »
Brilliant thanks.