Date: 29-03-24  Time: 12:24 pm

Author Topic: vin plate  (Read 1169 times)

kwick-kwack

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
vin plate
« on: 17 May 2019, 04:13:06 pm »
Is it possible to get a new stick-on vin plate for my fzs1000 as having frame powdercoated and couldn't get the old one off in one piece (i nearly did but last quarter stretched and when it came off it looked like its an overlay on a white background and everything moved)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: vin plate
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2019, 06:39:26 pm »
A bit late now obviously and I don’t want to be “that guy”, but why not just mask it off?

I’ve never heard of stick on VIN plates, I wouldn’t think so for obvious reasons but I could well be wrong.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2019, 06:59:35 pm »
Is it needed? Frame number is stamped on the headstock anyway I think.

ArchDruid

• DAS Born Again
  • wearing my tyres with pride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Tiger 1050; YZF750/1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2019, 07:10:43 pm »
I had the same issue after powder coating my frame. Got some replacements professionally made up. Looks like a printed sticker but the material is far more than that. Its layered (but not these gel type things) to create a longer lasting finish to cope with the outdoors - sun, (when we actually have it :-), inclement weather, etc...
All done by email, paypal, & royal mail....Can give you the chaps details if required. He already has the template, so all you'll have to do is provide the bikes details.

kwick-kwack

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2019, 10:25:57 pm »
I had the same issue after powder coating my frame. Got some replacements professionally made up. Looks like a printed sticker but the material is far more than that. Its layered (but not these gel type things) to create a longer lasting finish to cope with the outdoors - sun, (when we actually have it :-), inclement weather, etc...
All done by email, paypal, & royal mail....Can give you the chaps details if required. He already has the template, so all you'll have to do is provide the bikes details.
cheers that would be really helpful