Date: 23-04-24  Time: 17:02 pm

Author Topic: Hastings direct  (Read 1377 times)

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
Hastings direct
« on: 04 May 2019, 09:38:31 am »
Contacting hasting Direct, 15 minutes waiting on the phone because the auto renewal payment has not worked. This is the same situation as last year.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Hastings direct
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2019, 09:41:52 am »
Not worked?
Usually quite rare that the renewal payment is the lowest price available until you've done a few searches then haggled a bit.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2019, 09:46:11 am »
Card details wrong, its the same card in my wallet as last year, but the year before I had been issued a new card. guessing they did not note the new card .

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2019, 09:49:30 am »
Was told a 10 minute wait! on the phone 28 minutes and waiting.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2019, 10:10:17 am »
tried the new policy approach by recalling, I've been told the motorcycle department is closed till Tuesday. Some what longer than 10 minute wait !!!

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2019, 03:43:17 pm »

I never stay longer than one year with same bike insurer and if I was to it would be through compare the market, which this year offered me hasting direct at around £20 less than their renewal letter.  Even then I still found a cheaper provider
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2019, 03:46:58 pm »
Had need to call Post office money regards the 600  policy   and was most impressed to get an immediate answer from a human being who informed me all the agents were busy and she would take my number for them to call me back

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2019, 04:05:29 pm »
I've always found GoCompare to be the cheapest comparison site, then i'll chuck the lowest price back at my current insurers to see if they can get near it.
Only once, about 3yrs ago was my renewal price a tiny bit less than what i could find online.

Don't know if it would affect you or not, but be careful because some of them don't do insurance at all for taking a pillion.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2019, 08:05:48 pm »
I hate insurance renewal time. I logged on last week to take out a new policy with someone else, only to find that my insurer had already taken the renewal payment (gone up £30) from my account without my permission. Ive now had the payment returned (after 5 days) and taken out a new policy with someone else, and saved £25 on what I paid last year too

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2019, 11:48:14 am »
I hate insurance renewal time. I logged on last week to take out a new policy with someone else, only to find that my insurer had already taken the renewal payment (gone up £30) from my account without my permission. Ive now had the payment returned (after 5 days) and taken out a new policy with someone else, and saved £25 on what I paid last year too
There generally a tickbox where you give permission for auto renewal  when you pay the first time.  It's probably already ticked

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2019, 06:06:47 pm »
There generally a tickbox where you give permission for auto renewal  when you pay the first time.  It's probably already ticked

it definitely will be ,theyre crafty bastards you have to cancel it. :\
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2019, 07:42:11 pm »
Spent hours on the phone to them recently to add the Fazer to my current policy  >: , and once I was connected to someone, I asked about the waits and redials, to be told that the bike group is very small (5 I think from memory) so if its holiday time they may all be away and you wait for no reason as there is no one there!!!
Not impressed so will look elsewhere at the end of the year.