Date: 29-03-24  Time: 13:14 pm

Author Topic: Fzs600 Vs Thundercat Q's  (Read 784 times)

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
Fzs600 Vs Thundercat Q's
« on: 27 April 2019, 07:17:30 pm »
Hi all.
Been a while since I sold my Fz1, still got the Tiger sport and have had a second bike for a while. Currently it's an SV1000n but I can't get on with it...

I have been offered a deal on a 99 cat, had the gearbox rebuilt recently, Dyno jet carbs progressive springs and R6shock. 22k miles 2 owners...
Also looking at a 99 box eye, I have had one so I know I will get on with it.

Anyway my question to you guys as I know in the past many of you have had or at least ridden cats is what are they like to ride. Pegs too far back will be an issue for my knee, long reach to clip on bars? I don't expect it to be super comfy but don't want a bent over sports feel...

The bike in question is too far away just to go for a look, Thought I would try you guys for some info  :thumbup

Cheers.
To become old and wise you have to have been young and stupid......

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Fzs600 Vs Thundercat Q's
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2019, 07:46:52 pm »
Check this site out. http://cycle-ergo.com/
Select the bike and put in your height and inside leg length.
Thundercat is also know as the YZF600R

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2019, 07:51:40 pm »
I bought a new blade in '96, the RRT, first of the 918 engines. My mate bought a thundercat. The blade was predictably brilliant, but one day we swapped bikes on a rideout. The cat amazed me. For real world riding, it was every bit as good as my blade, and comfier and outbraked it to boot. Ive got a foxeye (Dynspuds old bike) in the garage now. Again, I cant believe how good a bike it is. Just superb engines, them 600s. Either one would suit me mate
« Last Edit: 27 April 2019, 07:52:40 pm by ogri48 »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2019, 08:42:23 pm »
I had a 96 Cat for nearly 3 years. Absolutely brilliant bikes. They are rather big and heavy by modern standards but being 6ft2 and 16 stone, that suited me down to the ground. They're more the size of a 1000 than a 600

Comfort wise it's some where between a fazer and a sport bike. Its does have clip ons but they are above the yoke so not stupidly low, pegs never seems that high to me but you are in a semi sport position.
The fairing is a decent size and provides plenty of wind protection but is a bit of a pain in the ass when it comes to maintenance as it's in about 9 million pieces haha
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have to say personally it pisses all over the box eye from every angle

They are plenty fast enough to have fun with, not gonna set any track day records but still good fun on the road.
The biggest bonus I had from ownership is that the majority of insurers didn't know what class of bike it was so insurance was stupidly cheap

All in all I think they're a stella bike and regret getting rid of mine. Should have kept it as a spare

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2019, 08:53:59 pm »
Great info, cheers guys  :D

Thanks for the link, really helpful  :thumbup
To become old and wise you have to have been young and stupid......