Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:04 am

Author Topic: Pegs....lower  (Read 4357 times)

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
Pegs....lower
« on: 19 April 2019, 11:08:20 pm »
Having done some searches and drawn a virtual blank, I am keen to know if anyone has  fitted lowered footpegs to accomodate a tall rider on a FZS1000? I am 6 ft 6 tall and have a knee replacement ..yes , old f*cker.
Keen to understand what works, AND what does not, and if anyone has any peg lowering solutions for sale???

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Pegs....lower
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2019, 01:08:30 am »
haven't any for sale but you'll get some VARIO adjustable pegs from Busters,I forget how much they was but they're not fortunes. ;)
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2019, 12:40:37 pm »
Extra padding in or on the seat has same effect with less faffing about.

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2019, 04:11:27 pm »
I’m far shorter than you at 5’09” but had similar problems with seat height / knee bend ratio. I was lucky enough to get a second hand raised seat from a fellow foccer and have fitted that. For me this has been enough to make a significant difference, although, if I was being completely honest, I’d rather it was maybe 5 or 10mm shorter, but I’ll cope as is.
The same foccer also sold me a set of adjustable foot pegs at the same time. As the seat suits me, I haven’t bothered with these. If you’re interested in them let me know and you can have them for what I paid. I’d have to check, but I think it was £30?.
Also, if you’re near to me, Oxfordshire / Berkshire borders and want to come and have a try on my raised seat, to see if something similar might suit you, get in touch.

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2019, 10:00:13 pm »
haven't any for sale but you'll get some VARIO adjustable pegs from Busters,I forget how much they was but they're not fortunes. ;)

Thanks coffee, that's worth a little investigation!

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2019, 10:04:19 pm »
I’m far shorter than you at 5’09” but had similar problems with seat height / knee bend ratio. I was lucky enough to get a second hand raised seat from a fellow foccer and have fitted that. For me this has been enough to make a significant difference, although, if I was being completely honest, I’d rather it was maybe 5 or 10mm shorter, but I’ll cope as is.
The same foccer also sold me a set of adjustable foot pegs at the same time. As the seat suits me, I haven’t bothered with these. If you’re interested in them let me know and you can have them for what I paid. I’d have to check, but I think it was £30?.
Also, if you’re near to me, Oxfordshire / Berkshire borders and want to come and have a try on my raised seat, to see if something similar might suit you, get in touch.

Hi SkidT....this sounds good If you can let me know the peg prices I am interested. I am in Worcester, so not quite  local but also not a million miles away!I am sure the seat change is worth the effort, being tall its aways better to go up rather than lower the pegs, but my knees need something and the seat changes seem to be tough to do and expensive!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2019, 10:59:16 pm »
Having done some searches and drawn a virtual blank, I am keen to know if anyone has  fitted lowered footpegs to accomodate a tall rider on a FZS1000? I am 6 ft 6 tall and have a knee replacement ..yes , old f*cker.
Keen to understand what works, AND what does not, and if anyone has any peg lowering solutions for sale???
reupholster the seat and add a few inches of gel padding. Don't think lowering the pegs would be a good idea,  as it would ruin the ground clearance for cornering
« Last Edit: 07 May 2019, 02:19:02 pm by unfazed »

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 April 2019, 03:12:52 pm »
reupholster the seat and add a few inches of gel padding. Don't think lowering the pegs would not be a good idea,  as it would ruin the ground clearance for cornering
Cheers unfazed. I agree that the lower pegs will reduce the clearance but can live with that, as I am only looking for about 25/30 mm so not a huge loss. Am in the process of looking into seat mods. Had one done for a Trident I had a while ago and that was not to expensive, but the chap thaqt did it has retired, and the initial costings I have been told are silly money, but nothing in writing or from someone who will do it for me, all heresay from mates....

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 April 2019, 04:14:45 pm »

Hi SkidT....this sounds good If you can let me know the peg prices I am interested. I am in Worcester, so not quite  local but also not a million miles away!I am sure the seat change is worth the effort, being tall its aways better to go up rather than lower the pegs, but my knees need something and the seat changes seem to be tough to do and expensive!

PM sent

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2019, 08:17:14 pm »
Would a Jack up kit for the suspension not help? I know it raises the seat further from the floor but not sure about from the pegs 🤔

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2019, 09:34:10 pm »
Jack up kit would be fine, I am 6 ft 6 so no issues with a high bike, but the peg/knee/ass triangle is the main issue as I have a knee replacement and the other one will probably be "re Engineered" within 12 mths!
Looks like I have managed to get some lower pegs, so a jack up kit and raised seat may follow soon!!

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2019, 04:00:17 pm »
A jack-up kit will definitely have no affect on the peg position as the pegs are mounted to the main frame, I also doubt it will have any discernible affect on ground clearance given how close the pegs are to the swing-arm pivot. Having said that it will improve handling if you don't have a height adjustable shock, will allow you to stretch your legs out a bit more while sat at a standstill, and the bike will feel a better fit given your height, so is worth fitting anyhow.

Tony Archers are very reasonable for seat work, I paid £85 for a complete re-foam and re-cover - https://tonyarcher.co.uk/services/bike-seats/
« Last Edit: 22 April 2019, 04:03:41 pm by PieEater »

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2019, 05:35:14 pm »
Certain footpegs from the now defunct Buell can be fitted, about 1.25 inches lower.  That and a higher, re-foamed seat might do the trick

Old-Git

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW RT - and my Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2019, 08:18:18 am »
RogD I also have had a knee replacement, 6 months ago, but I am a short arse with 29" inseam. I've fitted lower footpegs to one of my bikes, that's made it comfortable ish, had the fazer out twice this year and can only do 30 - 40 mile stints on it, which is ok for me as that's what I bought it for (plus track days) but if you go the lowered footpeg option let us know please. Good luck with it.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2019, 08:20:35 am by Old-Git »

Old-Git

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile

g5guzzi

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cbf 1000fa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2019, 09:50:21 pm »
     Picture Information   
  Free postage     BK-CNC-Footpegs-25mm-Extend-Rider-Kit-For-FZS-1000-Fazer-00-05-00-01-02-03-04-05   
   Mouse over image to zoom     
  •  

•  

•  

•  

Have one to sell?   Sell it yourself   [/t][/t]        Shop with confidence       eBay Money Back Guarantee  Get the item you ordered or your money back.   Learn more - opens in new window or tab           Seller information    fireriderworld-uk  (18179 Feedback score: 18179)  99.8% Positive Feedback     Save this seller      Contact seller    Visit Shop   See other items     Registered as a business seller         Details about   BK CNC Footpegs 25mm Extend Rider Kit For FZS 1000 Fazer 00-05 00 01 02 03 04 05      Item information     Condition: New   Quantity:         3 available       

g5guzzi

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cbf 1000fa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2019, 09:54:44 pm »
the footrests in the previous post are £23.88.i have used footrests from this firm on two bikes with
no problems.
Malc

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2019, 02:04:49 pm »
the footrests in the previous post are £23.88.i have used footrests from this firm on two bikes with
no problems.
Malc

Thanks Malc, they look like a good option. I have a couple of second-hand ones en rout and hope they will be ok, but if not, these look worth a try.

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2019, 02:21:18 pm »
RogD I also have had a knee replacement, 6 months ago, but I am a short arse with 29" inseam. I've fitted lower footpegs to one of my bikes, that's made it comfortable ish, had the fazer out twice this year and can only do 30 - 40 mile stints on it, which is ok for me as that's what I bought it for (plus track days) but if you go the lowered footpeg option let us know please. Good luck with it.

Hi Old Git.. it took me 9 moths to get comfortable use of the rear brake , started riding after 16 wks. It gets better for 9 to 12 months, so recovery is long in my experience. I have a pair of used pegs en route and will let you know how I get on. Good luck with your on going recovery.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2019, 11:18:00 am by RogD »

Don71uk

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2019, 03:32:42 pm »

Have you seen this, it might be worth a try,

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2784477&postcount=10137

Don.

Old-Git

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2019, 04:11:33 pm »
Malc - good spot, I've ordered some.
RogD - cheers, and to you.
Nick

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2019, 04:57:15 pm »
guys any photos when fitted on the bike ???? i would like to see how the gear change and brake line up ?????

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 April 2019, 11:20:07 am »
Hi Don

Yet another one worth investigating if the ones en route dont work out! Thanks

Ripsnortingvtwin....will try to post some once they are fitted!!

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 April 2019, 12:07:19 pm »
right o mate

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike: