Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:03 am

Author Topic: Pegs....lower  (Read 4356 times)

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
Re: Pegs....lower
« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2019, 04:06:30 pm »
Ripsnortinvtwin....yes! Pegs arrived (eventually, as the courier was S L O W) and I have fitted them and been out for a 60 mile tootle. Leg position much improved, however significant adjustment to the gear leaver and brake required. I have fitted the pegs with a 50mm drop, and whilst my toes are close to the tarmac on occasions, they have not made contact or worried me in the slightest.
Job for this week, if I get time is said adjustments and post some pics!

Again...Thanks Allen, the pegs are great!

RogD

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 May 2019, 12:38:04 pm »
So...pegs fit fine and give me more room. Gearchange can be adjusted by using the connecting rod adjustment, and the brake pedal by slacking the lock nut and turning the main shaft on the slave/pedal connection to give a sensible, maybe not perfect, position for the pedal. Its raining like hell here at the moment so will wait for some dryer weather to try it out finally, but more adjustment is available on both. Sorry about the sideways image on the one pic...not sure how to fix that..... :'(
« Last Edit: 07 May 2019, 12:39:56 pm by RogD »

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 May 2019, 01:17:45 pm »
nice one thanks for the photos

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 May 2019, 02:26:08 pm »
So...pegs fit fine and give me more room. Gearchange can be adjusted by using the connecting rod adjustment, and the brake pedal by slacking the lock nut and turning the main shaft on the slave/pedal connection to give a sensible, maybe not perfect, position for the pedal. Its raining like hell here at the moment so will wait for some dryer weather to try it out finally, but more adjustment is available on both. Sorry about the sideways image on the one pic...not sure how to fix that..... :'(
Be extremely careful testing it, you have lost 25mm of height and that I think is a lot of ground clearance for cornering lost with non folding pegs.  :eek The great thing about the OEM pegs is that they fold if they touch down and not dig in.

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 May 2019, 02:42:18 pm »
surely they still go on on the top fixing ???

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07 May 2019, 10:58:41 pm »
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233219282586

Little late for the OP but if anyone else is after some, I've just spotted these on the bay. Not me selling

Old-Git

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW RT - and my Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 May 2019, 09:28:56 am »
I fiited a pair of the fire rider ones mentioned in a post above. About 40 quid, I didn't measure very carefully cos they took a lot of grinding to fit, but I was on a timescale for my trackday so had no choice. Made a huge difference for me with my bad knee, really pleased with them. Cold track and new tyes meant there weren't any ground clearance issues on the day, but we'll see.