Date: 18-04-24  Time: 10:25 am

Author Topic: Dame Emma Thompson joins London protest  (Read 5171 times)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Dame Emma Thompson joins London protest
« Reply #25 on: 20 April 2019, 12:29:27 pm »
 There're some mad buggers on this forum, aren't there? :lol

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 April 2019, 06:20:35 pm »
Im sure ive said it before somewhere on here, the multi nationals in cahoots with govts will be reluctant to act more than they are presently until they can get at the reserves under the ice in the polar regions. Some major companies are already involved in exploring what has already been uncovered in Norway and north western Russia. Antarctica is already divided up into slices like a cake, and owned by the major nations

The easiest way to get at resources under the ice caps is for us to increase global warming until they melt.

Removing all waste plastics endangers the species of bacteria that thrives on plastic waste.

The best way way of reducing pollution is to reduce the human population. The best way to reduce the human population is to increase global warming, with its consequent climate change-induced catastrophes.

I'm all for allowing the return of 2 stroke motorcycles. Rang-a-dang-dang!

:crazy

Makes perfect sense to me......I'm in !

In addition, if China and India continues with polution, then respiratory disease and a typical lifespan of say 30 yrs will help to cull their population. All round winner  :smokin
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 April 2019, 07:19:11 pm »
The population is being controlled - the permanent government is using electromagnetic microwave radiation via mobile phone masts and wifi which causes cancer, along with a whole host of other diseases and a general degradation in the ability to learn and is killing the insects. Perfect when you want to control the population via the MSM pumping out only what the permanent gov want you to know via the BBC and sky falling over each other, sky -ocean rescue - bbc, blue planet and now not even bothering to wrap the lies around a turtle the bbc with a series on climate change which are all cover stories for the real killer.
The gov must be really pleased with their efforts to see that it is working that is why the cops were not ordered straight in as the gov wanted to test the results of the propaganda.
These idiots dancing in the street and posting it on facebook via mobile phone dont realize that the real environment killer is in their hands and that is only 4g wait until 5g kicks in.
The gov want every household to have a snooping/energy control/cancer machine installed (smart meter ) that produces non-ionizing radiation from the RF output. Interesting to notice that the adverts have changed tact from telling us it will save us money to now saying they will help save the environment. They are getting ever more desperate to get these installed, usually if the gov want yopu to do something - it aint going to be for my benefit. 
And the earth might be flat.
You're joking right? Because it's hard to tell if you are or not :lol The internet seems to be turning people into nutbags :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 April 2019, 08:50:18 pm »
Government (and the EU) claim they are cutting plastic to save the environment. If you believe that you'll believe anything. Neither governments nor the EU give a toss about the environment. Most of the plastic in the ocean is there because it's been dumped after being collected for recycling. (Recycling is a massive con, almost everything collected is burnt or dumped.) Did you really think that individuals threw all those plastic bottles into the sea? So why do governments and the EU demonise plastic? Easy, the oil is running out and plastic is made from oil. We passed peak oil some time ago. When the oil does run out we'll be back in the horse and buggy age.

I always understood that plastics came about as a bye product of the fuel production. Ie, sooner than chuck it away, lets make something from it. Bit like pies, pasties, and burgers, making something from the bits left over :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 April 2019, 10:11:08 pm »
The population is being controlled - the permanent government is using electromagnetic microwave radiation via mobile phone masts and wifi which causes cancer, along with a whole host of other diseases and a general degradation in the ability to learn and is killing the insects. Perfect when you want to control the population via the MSM pumping out only what the permanent gov want you to know via the BBC and
sky falling over each other, sky -ocean rescue - bbc, blue planet and now not even bothering to wrap the lies around a turtle the bbc with a series on climate change which are all cover stories for the real killer.
The gov must be really pleased with their efforts to see that it is working that is why the cops were not ordered straight in as the gov wanted to test the results of the propaganda.
These idiots dancing in the street and posting it on facebook via mobile phone dont realize that the real environment killer is in their hands and that is only 4g wait until 5g kicks in.
The gov want every household to have a snooping/energy control/cancer machine installed (smart meter ) that produces non-ionizing radiation from the RF output. Interesting to notice that the adverts have changed tact from telling us it will save us money to now saying they will help save the environment. They are getting ever more desperate to get these installed, usually if the gov want yopu to do something - it aint going to be for my benefit. 
And the earth might be flat. 
Foc me :lol   Nope it's not April the 1st.Though I hear the magic mushies are out early due to the mild winter.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21 April 2019, 12:20:15 pm »

It's primarily heavy industry and the dependence on coal for power in China, that is responsible for their emissions but that is only because so many of the population are dirt poor and probably don't even have mains electric but as they become wealthier and increase their spending on televisions, washing machines, cars and the other stuff that you buy as your finances improve and their carbon Footprint will increase accordingly and obviously their industry is going to have to step up to meet growing demand. Only the naïve would believe that it's because they're trying to save the planet. They still think rhino horn and tiger dick makes you virile FFS. Ninety five percent of the population have probably never heard of global warming and the other 5% are driving around in gas guzzlers and living the high life just like the super wealthy in every other country. China are the biggest market for luxury goods as well as poached wildlife parts. China's emissions and planetary destruction isn't coming down anytime soon.

Which surely is the reason why we should figure out how to reduce our emissions to a tiny fraction of what they are today.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 April 2019, 12:31:40 pm »

It's primarily heavy industry and the dependence on coal for power in China, that is responsible for their emissions but that is only because so many of the population are dirt poor and probably don't even have mains electric but as they become wealthier and increase their spending on televisions, washing machines, cars and the other stuff that you buy as your finances improve and their carbon Footprint will increase accordingly and obviously their industry is going to have to step up to meet growing demand. Only the naïve would believe that it's because they're trying to save the planet. They still think rhino horn and tiger dick makes you virile FFS. Ninety five percent of the population have probably never heard of global warming and the other 5% are driving around in gas guzzlers and living the high life just like the super wealthy in every other country. China are the biggest market for luxury goods as well as poached wildlife parts. China's emissions and planetary destruction isn't coming down anytime soon.

Which surely is the reason why we should figure out how to reduce our emissions to a tiny fraction of what they are today.

Absolutely but the UK could reduce emissions to zero and it would make, at best a tiny dent on World emissions. and still the focus is on emissions. Like if we can get those down everything's suddenly ok with the World.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 April 2019, 01:03:38 pm »

Absolutely but the UK could reduce emissions to zero and it would make, at best a tiny dent on World emissions.
Which is exactly the direction we should be moving in.  There’s not really much choice, though we seem to be doing pretty well at denying and dodging the issue.
And of course, those who take a lead and develop the technologies required will reap the rewards.  It’s a no brainer.  But in the meatime………….

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 April 2019, 02:10:31 pm »

Suggestions on a postcard please....
   Global emissions are a symptom of the Human condition. However much we have, we want more. Some just want somewhere to live and something to eat, others want another super yacht or another Ferrari for their collection or another holiday cottage. Greed is feeding industry and industry is feeding greed. Those with the most, want the most and don't care about those who have less or what damage they do to their planet to get it. I would happily bet that those with their vast sums of wealth don't lose a moments sleep over the harm that they do in their quest for more. They live in their ivory towers, isolated from problems that affect the less well off.
   Solar panels, wind turbines, electric vehicles and the like are all very laudable but they just encourage guilt free consumption. The success of a nation is judged on it's GDP and whether it produced more this year than it did last year, if it didn't, it's failing, so the drive to make more and encourage people to buy more is increased, and then to make it cheaper so they can buy even more. Until the people in power and those with the means to actually make any kind of difference start setting the example, not just in this country but worldwide, and start caring about the planet, not just their bubble, we can drive less and recycle more and make sure we turn off the lights and turn down the heating and all the other stuff we're told we need to do as individuals but we are absolutely pissing into the wind because the sad fact is those who care can't make any significant difference and those who can make a significant difference don't care.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2019, 02:20:41 pm by vinnyb »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 April 2019, 03:05:40 pm »
Suggestions on a postcard please....
   Global emissions are a symptom of the Human condition. However much we have, we want more. Some just want somewhere to live and something to eat, others want another super yacht or another Ferrari for their collection or another holiday cottage. Greed is feeding industry and industry is feeding greed. Those with the most, want the most and don't care about those who have less or what damage they do to their planet to get it. I would happily bet that those with their vast sums of wealth don't lose a moments sleep over the harm that they do in their quest for more. They live in their ivory towers, isolated from problems that affect the less well off.
   Solar panels, wind turbines, electric vehicles and the like are all very laudable but they just encourage guilt free consumption. The success of a nation is judged on it's GDP and whether it produced more this year than it did last year, if it didn't, it's failing, so the drive to make more and encourage people to buy more is increased, and then to make it cheaper so they can buy even more. Until the people in power and those with the means to actually make any kind of difference start setting the example, not just in this country but worldwide, and start caring about the planet, not just their bubble, we can drive less and recycle more and make sure we turn off the lights and turn down the heating and all the other stuff we're told we need to do as individuals but we are absolutely pissing into the wind because the sad fact is those who care can't make any significant difference and those who can make a significant difference don't care.

I don’t disagree with much of what you say vinnyb.  But the fact remains that what we are seeing is the beginning of the end. 
The interesting thing is, that if indeed the human race becomes extinct, it will be the first species to not only know it is about to be wiped out, but not only that, but to have had the means to prevent it’s extinction. 
The simple fact remains that global warming past 1.5 degrees C is preventable. 

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 April 2019, 03:37:48 pm »

But the fact also remains that it's going to be the poorest who have had the least impact and can do least to avoid it, because those with money and power will be able to go where they want and escape the choking pollution and poisoned watercourses and floods and landslides and droughts and wildfires, until it affects them directly and unavoidably they'll carry on making the right noises and doing as little as they can get away with.
  You may or may not be right about the 1.5degC increase being avoidable but..... 
« Last Edit: 21 April 2019, 05:03:43 pm by vinnyb »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 April 2019, 04:15:45 pm »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 April 2019, 08:16:17 pm »
The rises in temperature they quote just dont add up, like today for example was the hottest April 21st in Bangor in 95 years?
so 95 years ago when there weren't commercial planes, hardly anyone had a vehicle, no central heating etc etc yet it was almost as hot as now? Almost all of these heat records are from times before anyone had a carbon foot print

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 April 2019, 08:37:21 pm »
Wow. This is way better than the B-r-x-t thread now

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 April 2019, 10:12:04 pm »
The rises in temperature they quote just dont add up, like today for example was the hottest April 21st in Bangor in 95 years?
so 95 years ago when there weren't commercial planes, hardly anyone had a vehicle, no central heating etc etc yet it was almost as hot as now? Almost all of these heat records are from times before anyone had a carbon foot print
You are confusing weather, or weather patterns with global warming.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 April 2019, 10:14:19 pm »

Yeah, I know, I say the same thing.That's why I said in my earlier post, whether or not it's real or not or maybe more accurately man made or not is kind of irrelevant. The world is undeniably going through a warming cycle at the moment but whether it's due to our co2 emissions is still up for debate, there's no doubt that Global warming is a massive money spinner for a large number of people though. But as I also said it's a distraction for all sorts of undeniably genuine global issues.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 April 2019, 11:12:54 am »

Yeah, I know, I say the same thing.That's why I said in my earlier post, whether or not it's real or not or maybe more accurately man made or not is kind of irrelevant. The world is undeniably going through a warming cycle at the moment but whether it's due to our co2 emissions is still up for debate.

Well in Scotland we have just had the warmest Easter ever.  Beating the previous record set in just a few years ago in 2015.  Both Northern Ireland and Wales have set new records. 

It’s also the frequency of events, not just records, but general weather events.  Both frequencies have increased significantly in the last couple of decades and appear to be continuing to do so.

The Greenhouse effect theory first emerged in 1896.  It has since been proven beyond reasonable doubt that if you significantly increase the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere then global temperatures will rise.  The vast vast majority of scientists are in agreement on this.  Yes it is man made and no it is not open for debate.

You have to sperate weather patterns from global warming.  This time last year I was out in the Scottish hills carrying and using my axe and crampons.  This year they are already back up in the loft.  But that does not mean that the earth has got 10 degrees warmer in the space of a year.

I find it puzzling that people are not bothered, or in denial.  For me, well I don’t have any children and I’m getting on the old side – so hey ho – good luck with the global warming folks – I should be gone by the time the real fun starts.  But this is the next generation we are talking about now.  Don’t people care about their children? 

And by the way I think it’s great that the new protest group challenging global warming have chosen to use the word extinction.  I am thoroughly fed up with idiots talking about saving the planet.  The planet will be better off without us to be honest and will slowly repair any damage we have inflicted on it.  Combating Global warming is about saving our own asses.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22 April 2019, 11:17:36 am »
How do we know?  Try NASA
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 April 2019, 02:14:26 pm »

I'm all for allowing the return of 2 stroke motorcycles. Rang-a-dang-dang!

:crazy

Me too. I really miss them. They were an absolute blast.

I'd laugh if The Kettle Club or the LC/H1 owners had a ride through London this weekend :lol . Pre 1979 are ULEZ exempt too.

Waaaaahhh!....waaaaahhh!...waaaaaaaaaahhh! :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22 April 2019, 06:53:02 pm »
Just saw that these idiot protesters have now decided to ruin everyone's day by laying down and covering the whole floor inside the main entrance of the London History Museum.  :rolleyes
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 22 April 2019, 08:41:53 pm »
How about this one then. The Gaia Theory I think it was called. The planet is simply re-acting to events upon it by trying to remove the infestation which is causing the events. Much like the human body reacting to an infection. The universe is a wonderful place and we know jack shit, cant even see 75% of it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23 April 2019, 05:07:54 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 23 April 2019, 07:22:05 pm »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 23 April 2019, 07:27:04 pm »
Well, I've been out two days on the trot burning fossil fuels completely unnecessarily, riding my bike just for the sheer fun of it  :eek   :nana

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 April 2019, 08:57:10 pm »
I don't get why people get themselves upset about Trump and Trumps presidency
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.