Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:18 am

Author Topic: Dame Emma Thompson joins London protest  (Read 5112 times)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Dame Emma Thompson joins London protest
« on: 19 April 2019, 08:45:17 am »

I've just read that Emma Thompson has flown in from L.A to join the Extinction Rebellion protest. Isn't it a bit hypocritical to disrupt peoples lives, in order to 'educate' them in the damage they're doing to the world (as if they didn't already know) when your champagne swilling, jet setting, high consumption life style has the carbon footprint of a small town? From what I've read and heard they all seem to be virtue signal, middle class lefties so I suppose she's in good company.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Dame Emma Thompson joins London protest
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2019, 10:18:41 am »
Does the silly woman not realise by doing that she has done more harm to the cause than good.

I wonder how many are liberal lefty teachers on school holidays. Maybe it will rain next week and they will all disappear.

I cant believe the cops were dancing with them in the street WTF.

What is that glue that they use that takes the cops hours to remove them, I want sone because whatever I glue always falls apart again.

Oh and by the way Global warming is fake.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2019, 10:26:25 am »

Because the police should serve the public.  And global warming affects us all, that means it effects the future of ordinary police on the beat.
At the end of the day we are fast running out of time before man made global warming spires out of control.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2019, 10:53:47 am »

Because the police should serve the public.  And global warming affects us all, that means it effects the future of ordinary police on the beat.
At the end of the day we are fast running out of time before man made global warming spires out of control.

Its fake

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2019, 11:08:32 am »
 :z

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2019, 11:21:47 am »
There should be a dedicated auld lad complaining section and all these threads can go in there :lol

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2019, 11:26:40 am »

Whether it's fake or not is kind of irrelevant, all these protestors should consider their own personal impacts on the planet before preaching to others about what they should be doing about theirs. Their focus on global warming also takes the attention off other equally pressing global concerns, industrial scale deforestation, species extinction, environmentally devastating mining. the list goes on and are all manmade disasters, not to mention the massive human population explosion. Maybe they should nip across to India or China to see what sort of reception they receive there. After all, their co2 output is increasing every year, not coming down like it is over here. When all these people have got rid of their cars and wood burning stoves and are doing everything they can do to reduce their own impact on the environment, then let them come back to 'educate' the masses.

« Last Edit: 19 April 2019, 11:33:09 am by vinnyb »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 April 2019, 12:45:48 pm »

Maybe they should nip across to India or China to see what sort of reception they receive there. After all, their co2 output is increasing every year, not coming down like it is over here.
The average Indian and Chinese citizen uses a fraction of the energy that we do each year.  Our emissions are if anything stagnating, if not still rising, we need to do much much more.
Whether it's fake or not is kind of irrelevant, all these protestors should consider their own personal impacts on the planet before preaching to others.
Well yes, for some people it’s always somebody else’s fault.  Never our problem.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2019, 01:23:04 pm »
Maybe they should nip across to India or China to see what sort of reception they receive there. After all, their co2 output is increasing every year, not coming down like it is over here.
The average Indian and Chinese citizen uses a fraction of the energy that we do each year.  Our emissions are if anything stagnating, if not still rising, we need to do much much more.

Maybe true for the average consumer, but when you take industry into account, the output per person in the UK is falling whilst countries like China/India continues to rise. Same goes for plastic useage. Over here we barely use any plastic bags now and recycle a huge amount. In india, they throw a lot of it in rivers as a natural waste disposal system.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 April 2019, 01:27:22 pm »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2019, 01:47:48 pm »

Oh, so that's why Indians come to the UK and Mexicans to the U.S. It's for the free reign of electricity.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2019, 01:54:58 pm »

But I wasn't talking about individual citizens I was talking about nations and industrialisation is increasing on a massive scale in parts of the world and unfortunately they are the ones along with the USA who are doing the most damage and they are doing it largely unchecked. I realise it's everybody's responsibility but as I said global warming is nothing like the only issue facing the planet at the moment and it just creates a distraction, while we go on destroying the place. You can buy your electric cars to reduce co2 but they rely on rare earth minerals which need to be mined from somewhere, destroying more of the planet. Big industry is doing more harm to the planet than individuals are. So let the preachers preach but until greed and materialism are longer running the world nothing's going to change.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2019, 02:05:44 pm »

But I wasn't talking about individual citizens
But at the end of the day what it all boils down to is how much energy we each use.

You can’t say that because we are a nation of only 66 million that we can use 100 times the energy per person than say China.  That’s nonsense.

And global warming will shortly eclipse all other issues. 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2019, 02:19:04 pm »
Oh and by the way Global warming is fake.
By the way, Global warming is real and undeniable. The causes of Global Warming can be debated.
Even if the underlying cause is part of a natural cycle, we are topping it up and making it worse.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2019, 02:25:39 pm »
But I wasn't talking about individual citizens
But at the end of the day what it all boils down to is how much energy we each use.

You can’t say that because we are a nation of only 66 million that we can use 100 times the energy per person than say China.  That’s nonsense.

And global warming will shortly eclipse all other issues.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2019, 05:01:37 pm »
Im sure ive said it before somewhere on here, the multi nationals in cahoots with govts will be reluctant to act more than they are presently until they can get at the reserves under the ice in the polar regions. Some major companies are already involved in exploring what has already been uncovered in Norway and north western Russia. Antarctica is already divided up into slices like a cake, and owned by the major nations

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2019, 06:08:13 pm »

As I said earlier, China emits 30% (11 billion tons) of the worlds co2 emissions with no firm plans to reduce them and their increasing national wealth will inevitably increase their personal wealth and their carbon footprints. India isn't too far behind either. Africa is having it's mineral rights bought up on the cheap, so they'll be tearing that up too. The US and Russia are a law unto themselves and nobody's going to tell them what to do.
   300,000 square miles of the Amazon Rainforest has been destroyed since the 1970's and it's still going on. Half of Borneo has been chopped down for Palm oil Plantations. They call rainforests the lungs of the world and we're wiping them out.
   As Agricola said it's the big boys who control everything and they don't care. They just want to keep on getting richer and their shareholders are fine with that.
  Our need to have more of everything as cheaply as possible is fuelling the growth and there aren't enough people who care. The people with the money to make any big difference are precisely the ones who are causing it. If there was half the concern for the state of the planet as there is for a burnt down Cathedral, maybe there would be some hope.
  Mankind's fucked and we deserve it, it's just a shame we've taken the rest of the planet's life with us.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2019, 06:51:38 pm »

As I said earlier, China emits 30% (11 billion tons) of the worlds co2 emissions with no firm plans to reduce them
Yet per person we all emit many times more than per person in China.  Blame China if you want, but the truth is they still have quite some way to go, to say the least, until they are as energy wasteful and inefficient as us.

If there was half the concern for the state of the planet as there is for a burnt down Cathedral, maybe there would be some hope.
I agree.  Yes, a building burns down and rich are out offering 100’s of millions.  Fuck the poor and starving, there’s a building to save.
Mankind's fucked and we deserve it, it's just a shame we've taken the rest of the planet's life with us.
And Extinction Rebellion intend to keep it on the agenda.  And they’ve done a pretty good job so far.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2019, 07:31:06 pm »
  It's primarily heavy industry and the dependence on coal for power in China, that is responsible for their emissions but that is only because so many of the population are dirt poor and probably don't even have mains electric but as they become wealthier and increase their spending on televisions, washing machines, cars and the other stuff that you buy as your finances improve and their carbon Footprint will increase accordingly and obviously their industry is going to have to step up to meet growing demand. Only the naïve would believe that it's because they're trying to save the planet. They still think rhino horn and tiger dick makes you virile FFS. Ninety five percent of the population have probably never heard of global warming and the other 5% are driving around in gas guzzlers and living the high life just like the super wealthy in every other country. China are the biggest market for luxury goods as well as poached wildlife parts. China's emissions and planetary destruction isn't coming down anytime soon.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2019, 07:52:18 pm »

As I said earlier, China emits 30% (11 billion tons) of the worlds co2 emissions with no firm plans to reduce them and their increasing national wealth will inevitably increase their personal wealth and their carbon footprints. India isn't too far behind either. Africa is having it's mineral rights bought up on the cheap, so they'll be tearing that up too. The US and Russia are a law unto themselves and nobody's going to tell them what to do.
   300,000 square miles of the Amazon Rainforest has been destroyed since the 1970's and it's still going on. Half of Borneo has been chopped down for Palm oil Plantations. They call rainforests the lungs of the world and we're wiping them out.
   As Agricola said it's the big boys who control everything and they don't care. They just want to keep on getting richer and their shareholders are fine with that.
  Our need to have more of everything as cheaply as possible is fuelling the growth and there aren't enough people who care. The people with the money to make any big difference are precisely the ones who are causing it. If there was half the concern for the state of the planet as there is for a burnt down Cathedral, maybe there would be some hope.

:agree

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 April 2019, 08:43:39 pm »
Government (and the EU) claim they are cutting plastic to save the environment. If you believe that you'll believe anything. Neither governments nor the EU give a toss about the environment. Most of the plastic in the ocean is there because it's been dumped after being collected for recycling. (Recycling is a massive con, almost everything collected is burnt or dumped.) Did you really think that individuals threw all those plastic bottles into the sea? So why do governments and the EU demonise plastic? Easy, the oil is running out and plastic is made from oil. We passed peak oil some time ago. When the oil does run out we'll be back in the horse and buggy age.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 April 2019, 09:06:49 pm »
Oh I also enjoyed that sex scene with Emma Thompson and Jeff Goldblum in 'The Tall Guy'. You know the one where they have sex on the piano etc and she has a piece of toast stuck to her arse. She really should stick to acting.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 April 2019, 11:13:54 pm »
Im sure ive said it before somewhere on here, the multi nationals in cahoots with govts will be reluctant to act more than they are presently until they can get at the reserves under the ice in the polar regions. Some major companies are already involved in exploring what has already been uncovered in Norway and north western Russia. Antarctica is already divided up into slices like a cake, and owned by the major nations

The easiest way to get at resources under the ice caps is for us to increase global warming until they melt.

Removing all waste plastics endangers the species of bacteria that thrives on plastic waste.

The best way way of reducing pollution is to reduce the human population. The best way to reduce the human population is to increase global warming, with its consequent climate change-induced catastrophes.

I'm all for allowing the return of 2 stroke motorcycles. Rang-a-dang-dang!

:crazy

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2019, 10:39:09 am »
The population is being controlled - the permanent government is using electromagnetic microwave radiation via mobile phone masts and wifi which causes cancer, along with a whole host of other diseases and a general degradation in the ability to learn and is killing the insects. Perfect when you want to control the population via the MSM pumping out only what the permanent gov want you to know via the BBC and sky falling over each other, sky -ocean rescue - bbc, blue planet and now not even bothering to wrap the lies around a turtle the bbc with a series on climate change which are all cover stories for the real killer.
The gov must be really pleased with their efforts to see that it is working that is why the cops were not ordered straight in as the gov wanted to test the results of the propaganda.
These idiots dancing in the street and posting it on facebook via mobile phone dont realize that the real environment killer is in their hands and that is only 4g wait until 5g kicks in.
The gov want every household to have a snooping/energy control/cancer machine installed (smart meter ) that produces non-ionizing radiation from the RF output. Interesting to notice that the adverts have changed tact from telling us it will save us money to now saying they will help save the environment. They are getting ever more desperate to get these installed, usually if the gov want yopu to do something - it aint going to be for my benefit. 
And the earth might be flat. 
« Last Edit: 20 April 2019, 12:48:18 pm by fazersharp »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2019, 11:50:40 am »
The population is being controlled - the permanent government is using electromagnetic microwave radiation via mobile phone masts and wifi which causes cancer, along with a whole host of other diseases and a general degradation in the ability to learn and is killing the insects. Perfect when you want to control the population via the MSM pumping out only what the permanent gov want you to know via the BBC and sky falling over each other, sky -ocean rescue - bbc, blue planet and now not even bothering to wrap the lies around a turtle the bbc with a series on climate change which are all cover stories for the real killer.
The gov must be really pleased with their efforts to see that it is working that is why the cops were not ordered straight in as the gov wanted to test the results of the propaganda.
These idiots dancing in the street and posting it on facebook via mobile phone dont realize that the real environment killer is in their hands and that is only 4g wait until 5g kicks in.
The gov want every household to have a snooping/energy control/cancer machine installed (smart meter ) that produces non-ionizing radiation from the RF output. Interesting to notice that the adverts have changed tact from telling us it will save us money to now saying they will help save the environment.
And the earth might be flat. 

There's only one way to escape them government rays Sharpy!