Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:04 pm

Author Topic: Bikers fighting back  (Read 3852 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Bikers fighting back
« Reply #25 on: 28 April 2019, 07:19:17 pm »

So what's your solution to the hardened career criminals to whom it's a way of life and where nothing works to stop the offending?.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. In my pocket I have a sealed envelope with 'Predictable Questions' written on it..."

Restorative Justice is, of course, not suitable for all cases. However for RJ to work in the first place, cases have to be passed over to it and there has to be sufficient funding for it to operate.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. In my pocket I have a sealed envelope with 'Predictable Answers' (or rather the lack of) written on it...."

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #26 on: 29 April 2019, 12:23:51 am »
"Ladies and Gentlemen. In my pocket I have a sealed envelope with 'Predictable Answers' (or rather the lack of) written on it...."

ITYM "Answers that address the topic instead of the straw man argument I tried to use..."

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 April 2019, 07:04:32 am »

ITYM "Answers that address the topic instead of the straw man argument I tried to use..."

Yep a politician would be proud of that one Grahamm :lol

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 April 2019, 01:19:13 pm »
I had written a rant on this subject, however it's pointless sucking eggs. :)

People DON'T change! There's good reason behind the term "repeat offender". It's in their makeup, their brain is wired that (wrong) way... none of which can be changed! Given an opportunity where they believe they wont get caught... they'd go do it again. All vices the same, burglars, sex offenders, murderers, etc...

Plus the only reason they say they are stopping IS because they got caught... have been exposed... publicly branded.
Once the dust settles they go back to their "old habits" however try to cover their tracks even better, the next time round!...

Ironic, we are on a motorcycle forum discussing our pride and joy with a motorbike thief!... infact it gets better, he'd happily remove the contents of your house at the same time! :lol  Great! ...sorry if I also caused offence to any sex offenders reading this too!  :evil :foc

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 April 2019, 01:34:04 pm »

People DON'T change! There's good reason behind the term "repeat offender". It's in their makeup, their brain is wired that (wrong) way... none of which can be changed! Given an opportunity where they believe they wont get caught... they'd go do it again. All vices the same, burglars, sex offenders, murderers, etc...

Plus the only reason they say they are stopping IS because they got caught... have been exposed... publicly branded.
Once the dust settles they go back to their "old habits" however try to cover their tracks even better, the next time round!...

Ironic, we are on a motorcycle forum discussing our pride and joy with a motorbike thief!... infact it gets better, he'd happily remove the contents of your house at the same time! :lol  Great! ...sorry if I also caused offence to any sex offenders reading this too!  :evil :foc

Don’t hold back F4celess, just say what you mean fella.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29 April 2019, 01:36:18 pm »

OK - will sum it up... People don't change. Better?

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 April 2019, 03:26:34 pm »
Beg to differ F4celess I changed after riding Suzukis for best part odd 30 years to Yamahas  for the last 16 years. One day I may totally loose the plot and buy a Harley

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 April 2019, 05:44:32 pm »

Fine, so let's just lock them up for life... no, wait, that's too expensive, let's just hang them insted.

Oh, just a moment, that was tried with the Bloody Code (see my link above) and that didn't work...

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 April 2019, 06:43:09 pm »

:lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 April 2019, 06:45:25 pm »

Fine, so let's just lock them up for life... no, wait, that's too expensive, let's just hang them insted.

Oh, just a moment, that was tried with the Bloody Code (see my link above) and that didn't work...

Obviously being hypothetical, how can hanging not work, name me one person who was hanged who committed a crime again?  :lol

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 April 2019, 07:05:02 pm »

Obviously being hypothetical, how can hanging not work, name me one person who was hanged who committed a crime again?  :lol

Cant argue with that Darrsi haha

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 April 2019, 08:10:44 pm »
Ah well, was briefly an interesting discussion, but hey ho, here come the usual trolls and wind up merchants.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 April 2019, 08:14:59 pm »
Ah well, was briefly an interesting discussion, but hey ho, here come the usual trolls and wind up merchants.

You seriously have the audacity to accuse others of being wind up merchants???  :rollin :rollin :rollin

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 April 2019, 12:44:31 am »

Everyones entitled to their own opinion,all I can say is I changed, if not stealing from people and causing their lives a misery is changing,are you sure youre as "clean"as youre making out ? or maybe a bit hypocritical ? sorry,Ive got to dash,I just noticed a bloke has left his car open,easy pickings! :lol
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 April 2019, 06:52:40 am »
Just goes to show you can't judge everyone by the same criteria.
I agree that some, if not most, bad-uns will never change now matter how many chances they get and do need locking away

But, like I said previously, we all make mistakes, even the best of us, whether driven by circumstance, environment, upbringing, peer pressure, or similar and should be entitled to a second chance.
Good on you Coffee.
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 April 2019, 09:36:40 am »

Yawn. Is that the most intelligent comment you can come up with?

Ever read Judge Dredd in 2000AD? In that series, they created a parallel Earth with a character called Judge Death who reasoned that, since all crime was committed by living people, if they killed everyone, there would be no more crime...

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 April 2019, 10:33:34 am »
If someone is convicted of being a serial killer or convicted of more than 1 murder then capital punishment would be a right and just sentence. The chances of wrongful conviction are now unlikely due to modern DNA methods, as I know from experience it is more likely that further charges of murder will be brought against convicted murders with the use of DNA  methods Again try using the freedom of information act to find out how many of those convicted of murder reoffend on release 2 how much it costs per week to keep serial killers and those convicted of more than 1 murder in prison you will be horrified. If you still think it's a wrong sentence then I sincerely hope it's not one of your family or friends that becomes there next victim maybe then you would look at it differently. 

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 April 2019, 10:42:27 am »
I am all for a mandatory DNA database where a sample of everyone's DNA is on file.
A good deterrent for a lot of first time criminals I would imagine if your chances of getting caught are much higher.
Also help rule out innocent people too.
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30 April 2019, 06:30:40 pm »
I am all for a mandatory DNA database where a sample of everyone's DNA is on file.
Ooooo a despots dream.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30 April 2019, 07:14:00 pm »

Ooooo a despots dream.

Isn't it just. That was my first thought.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 30 April 2019, 09:31:11 pm »
m[[
[##################/;##//////[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[/ :\########################//////////////////////

sorry about this,my laptop had a button come off and I was trying to fix it while on a post
« Last Edit: 30 April 2019, 09:59:39 pm by coffee »
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 30 April 2019, 09:52:06 pm »
Isn't it just. That was my first thought.
That's weird - something we agree on :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 30 April 2019, 09:59:48 pm »

Yawn. Is that the most intelligent comment you can come up with?

Ever read Judge Dredd in 2000AD? In that series, they created a parallel Earth with a character called Judge Death who reasoned that, since all crime was committed by living people, if they killed everyone, there would be no more crime...

You're quoting from a comic?  :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 May 2019, 12:06:07 am »

Nice deflection.

I suggest you look up the word "satire".

Meanwhile, I see the discussion is taking a hard-right turn, so enjoy yourselves planning on turning the country into a fascist state...

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01 May 2019, 06:35:08 am »

Nice deflection.

I suggest you look up the word "satire".

Meanwhile, I see the discussion is taking a hard-right turn, so enjoy yourselves planning on turning the country into a fascist state...

For the record i have no political connections with any party whatsoever, i can't stand any of them.