Date: 16-04-24  Time: 21:28 pm

Author Topic: Clutch arm moving up?  (Read 1414 times)

gixersix

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Clutch arm moving up?
« on: 05 April 2019, 06:57:44 am »
My clutch arm seems to be working it's way out of the engine. See photos - check out the spring, which used to be quite "compressed". Any ideas? Have I got to remove clutch cover to sort this? Engine is also making occasional click whilst ticking over but I'm having a hard time tracing this and wonder if they might be related. Bike has done 30,000 miles.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2019, 06:58:55 am by gixersix »
GixerSix -
Z1000SX; FZS1000 Gen1; GSXR600WV SRAD; GPz550A4. TT Addict

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch arm moving up?
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2019, 07:54:44 am »
The shaft is held in with a circlip, it could have come off allowing it to move up.  You can take the cover off and check
Intentionally left blank

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2019, 08:24:54 am »
The shaft is held in with a circlip, it could have come off allowing it to move up.  You can take the cover off and check

As above. The occasional click could be something to do with a circlip in amongst the clutch drum and other parts in the case. Certainly wants fixing before the clutch lever comes right out leaving you stranded or worse still something more major than a circlip drops us down amongst the clutch basket.

gixersix

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2019, 01:08:04 pm »

As above. The occasional click could be something to do with a circlip in amongst the clutch drum and other parts in the case. Certainly wants fixing before the clutch lever comes right out leaving you stranded or worse still something more major than a circlip drops us down amongst the clutch basket.

THANKS!
GixerSix -

gixersix

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2019, 01:08:40 pm »

THANKS!

THANKS!
GixerSix -