Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:23 pm

Author Topic: Marc's dissapearing act  (Read 1420 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Marc's dissapearing act
« on: 02 April 2019, 01:00:49 am »
I wonder what the other teams are thinking when Marquez can gap the field at half a second a lap! that's really to much to accept with the current bikes and riders,I can't believe he's that much better but no one could go with him this weekend,let's just hope it's a one off or we're in for a right boring season.Great to see the doctor back in the frame though,bet Maverick wasn't to pissed off ay? ;)
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Marc's dissapearing act
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2019, 12:14:52 pm »
Lorenzo's bad luck seems to still have a grip on the new Honda man. Obviously there's a transition after leaving Ducati, just when he'd got it where he wanted, but his poor start on Sunday was due to pressing the pit lane limiter button rather than launch control. Then as the race progressed the left hand bar grip started to disintegrate. This could be two more entries into the Racers book of Excuses, however I don't think that's the case here. He wants to be successful as much as Honda want him to be. Marquez was certainly a different class though, although glad the film crew concentrated on the Dovi/Dr action though.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2019, 12:51:28 pm »
It's a bit like what Alvaro Bautista is doing in World SuperBike.Incredible really in the top level motorcycling, but not the first time this has happened, Rossi did the same in Phillip Island in 2003 after getting a 10 second penalty, he finally won by 15 secs.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2019, 03:06:03 pm »
Totally agree. Alvaro has just gelled instantly with the Duke, maybe much to Chaz's surprise, as he hasn't made the start he was hoping for. However, although Jonny Rea hasn't got a win under his belt yet, I'm sure he is revelling in such a high level of competition. Aragon this weekend, maybe someone else on the top step. Can't wait.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2019, 07:50:17 pm »
Regarding Sundays MotoGp, I've just been reading that had Cal not have been penalized he would have been 2nd. The ride through lost him 30 secs and he finished 31.4secs behind Marc, and was the only rider getting within .5sec of Marquez' lap times. The Honda was the fastest bike in both of this years races, but was only the fastest on 4 occasions in the previous 3 seasons. The RC213V's past success must be attributed to Marc's ridiculous level of skill, whereas this year it's maybe "the" package to be on. All the better for Cal.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2019, 08:08:08 pm »
Untouchable, as wrote before,how did he do it at this level ?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2019, 09:06:17 pm »
Masterclass by the 93 and cal was matching he's times so I reckon definitely 2nd shame really he's worked hard with that ankle. I'm looking forward to seeing what Scott reading can do in BSB next week .

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2019, 08:53:13 pm »
Me to,I like Scott Redding,I don't think he got the recognition he deserved in moto gp,then again he was on the same bike as Petrucci and look where he is now,he'll be up there no doubt and without some strong names there who knows? Paul Bird knows talent when he sees it (and the gear} by the looks of it :lol and on another subject I don't know about Marquez doing a disappearing act what about Bautista!!! it's got to the stage where you wonder when he's going to be challenged let alone beat,and that's coming from a massive Johnie Rea fan.I still think when they come to curcuits where horse power is not a major factor Rea will come into his own,but saying that Bautista's hardly a slouch in the corners ay?  ;)
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

RobG UK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2019, 10:49:53 pm »

Well the theory about the Ducati not turning was destroyed at Assen.  Think the difference between Bautista and Davies is purely size, and that Bautista is a better rider than he had the chance to show in MotoGP.   
On the subject of MotoGP I was expecting something like this from Honda.  They have been saying that the Honda has had problems over the past couple of years, but more riders won races on Honda's  than ever.  Now they have it sorted its showing how good it is when there's a decent rider aboard.  If Cal can stay on top of it he could push Marquez like no other rider on the grid.

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript