Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:57 am

Author Topic: Nuisance calls.  (Read 1692 times)

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
Nuisance calls.
« on: 01 September 2019, 01:24:08 pm »
Hi new topic so as not to hijack the Bit coin thread, where the mention of nuisance phone calls is made. Brings to mind a cod call I received which went.
Cold caller
'' Hello sir I believe you have suffered from industrial hear damage.''
My reply
''Pardon could you speak up please''
I past away a bit of a slow evening continuing in this vain.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Nuisance calls.
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2019, 01:55:09 pm »
Good point
I have removed the part in my bitcoin post and put it here.I get loads of calls which usually end up with them telling me i have wasted THEIR time, I have a knack of winding them up . Sometimes after me saying im not interested and them persisting I stop them and say "let me tell you how this is going to end - you are going to get angry with me and slam the phone down so to save you time and my time its best you just end your call now". And that usually works.
Your case is different as you have given them your phone number and I don't think they are going to go away without you going feral on them
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2019, 06:38:04 am »
I get calls at work, and i just put the phone next to the speaker on my bench with the radio on and carry on working.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2019, 07:38:36 pm »
Had one of the accident claim companies phone my mobile whilst at work the other day, I proceeded to tell the woman I was a medical marvel as I'd been decapitated in an accident a couple of years ago and had my head sewn back on, she took about a minute to click onto what I'd just said, she got the message and hung up after calling me a twat or something like that, my apprentice was doubled over pissing himself laughing.
If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2019, 05:56:06 am »
When they say who they are my reply is oh one of those parasite claims companies the line usually goes dead

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2019, 12:51:08 pm »
I love cold calls.. I just answer in some kind of made up foreign language.. cross between German & French... they just hang up!!
 :rollin :rollin
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2019, 01:30:26 pm »
I have great fun with them when they ring.Last one was threatening to cut off my phone if I did not pay the bill there and then. Told her to go ahead cut me off, I don't care. Silence then click  :lol

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2019, 02:49:52 pm »
I have great fun with them when they ring.Last one was threatening to cut off my phone if I did not pay the bill there and then. Told her to go ahead cut me off, I don't care. Silence then click  :lol
:agree

I have had a couple of similar ones.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2019, 01:24:24 pm »
Had this a few days ago...

Was an American accent gentleman stating he's calling from BT about my broadband connection - they detected 25 simultaneous connections all going through my internet line the evening before, and that I had been hacked! He was about to cut off our internet service for "protection". I was immediately suspicious. He was persistent, giving me a "BT case number", his "name" plus other information connected to BT (all fictitious). He then asked how many electrical devices in my house use the internet, plus to name them.... At which point I hung up.

Doing more research, a similar type of call is automated, about an issue and to speak to one of their advisors press " 1 " to be put through to their service desk. It then however dials out from your line to a premium charged number (that you don't realise is happening until you get your bill).

Researching afterwards, the above scams seemed common knowledge to some, however I thought I'd post this up as a caution.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2019, 02:38:31 pm »
I got a few similiar calls about cutting off my internet. Told them to go ahead and cut it off. That really confuses them. Last one kept asking me to pay, I said no, cut it off, I dont care. Havent had a call about that since.  :D