Date: 28-03-24  Time: 09:23 am

Author Topic: Christchurch  (Read 1146 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Christchurch
« on: 16 March 2019, 11:20:11 am »
 Just yesterday 49 people in Christchurch lost their lives to a hateful white supremacist.  Brenton Tarrant spoke of “invaders” and that “they will never replace our people”

Donald Trump’s banal response was extending his “thoughts and prayers”.  Something the Republicans and their NRA backers do a lot of these days – 56 mass shootings in the USA so far this year.

So who is to blame?  I say anyone who promotes a them and us narrative, not just Stephen Christopher Yaxley or Theresa May with her Go Home vans and hostile environment or Donald Trump hailed by the shooter as a symbol of “renewed white identity and common purpose”

Queensland senator Fraser Anning blames the Muslims for their own slaughter “Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim immigration and violence?” he stated. 

So there you have it whether the terrorist is white or brown, you can blame the Muslims. 

So I post this to remember the 49 dead in Christchurch, innocent people worshiping in their Mosque.  But in remembering we must ask why.  We can say never again, but there is little point unless we are all prepared to call out and condemn extremism.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Christchurch
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2019, 05:19:15 pm »
It's 50 dead now.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2019, 03:00:41 pm »
The guy LIVE screened his shooting rampage to Facebook plus a few other online media channels. He was wearing a GoPro camera recording, as it happened, on his helmet... However the video footage has literally been ERADICATED from 99.9% of the internet - by the powers that be!

HOWEVER…. YouTube (plus all the other video sharing sites) still feature hundreds and hundreds of apache helicopter vs "terrorist" war zone videos, showing individuals getting blown to pieces by cannon/missile fire. There was also the ISIS videos doing the rounds, plus a few famously grotesque videos I won’t go into, yet were (and most still are) up there on the internet to view that have not been censored at all !?

Is this because this guy doesn’t fit the stereotypical “terrorist” mould? – white, non-muslim, preaching, plus born and bred Australian, .... ?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2019, 05:43:23 pm »
Why would you want to?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2019, 08:41:34 pm »
 You object to You Tube etc taking down the footage F4celess?  Really?

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2019, 03:13:21 pm »
You object to You Tube etc taking down the footage F4celess?  Really?

I was merely making comparison to the way this recent event has been handled by the media (compared to the quantity of graphic video content still in the public domain - ISIS, war footage, 9/11, etc). All the other stuff on sites such as youtube, frequented by youngsters, no restrictions, who could come across such footage by accident. Why hasn't all the other (equally as terrible) videos been stripped from these video sharing sites with the same urgency (infact not at all).

VNA - Really? Bordering slander. At NO POINT did I state (or indicate) I "object to You Tube etc taking down the footage".
You intentionally chose to misread my text in order to create confrontation? Create hysteria? Or a sheep mentality, played/expanded on mtreads comment? Safety in numbers? Or a combination of all of the above? :)

My points were completely missed.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2019, 10:29:46 pm »

My points were completely missed.

I was genuinely confused as to what your point is F4celess.  And I’m still not clear.

Nor did I mention anything about the killer’s footage.  I think that’s probably a separate discussion – ie how we deal with such footage and eradicate it.  The truth being that at the moment those who wish to view it can still do so. 

I think we need a wider discussion as to why extremism is growing across all our communities.   Brenton Tarrant did have an audience, he does have supporters.  How did we get to this point?

I still can’t get my head round why anybody would do what he did.