General > Your Suggestions and How you can help

A debate section

(1/5) > >>

Dudeofrude:
I'm thinking it might be wise for the admin to add a section for these debate type threads that keep cropping up. They are starting to take over slightly and the actual bike elements of the forum are getting lost amoung them.
At least if they are all together in one place then people know exactly what to expect in that particular section of the forum.
I personally don't bother with then as I feel they are more a ground for argument then actual sensible debate but there is no denying they can turn into a bit topic so there needs to be a place for them

Also I honestly think they need moderating as the insults are starting to lean towards personal attack.
There is no problem 'debating' a subject but once it comes to personal jibes I think that's going slightly too far.
At the end of the day we are all here for the things we have in common not our political views, we need to make sure it stays friendly 👍👍

Dynspud:
Here, here and well said  :thumbup

mtread:
They're fairly easy to spot if you want to ignore them. They are all in the 'General' section and have obvious titles.

It started off with Brexit discussion in another subject thread. Brexit affects us all as bikers - insurance, driving licence permissions, changes to bike regulations etc. Quite a few of us tour Europe and it was clearly relevant. Then it wandered, so thankfully somebody gave it it's own thread.
Then somebody started a thread about Jihad Brides. God knows why, just to provoke argument I think.
Then during a discussion about visiting holocaust centres, somebody turned it into an argument, when it wasn't.

I'm expecting somebody to pop in here any minute and start arguing  :rolleyes

Grahamm:

--- Quote from: mtread on 17 March 2019, 01:39:23 pm ---I'm expecting somebody to pop in here any minute and start arguing  :rolleyes

--- End quote ---

Is that the five minute argument or the full half hour? :pokefun

Robbie8666:

--- Quote from: Grahamm on 17 March 2019, 07:04:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: mtread on 17 March 2019, 01:39:23 pm ---I'm expecting somebody to pop in here any minute and start arguing  :rolleyes

--- End quote ---

Is that the five minute argument or the full half hour? :pokefun

--- End quote ---

I have paid for the full argument!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version