Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:17 pm

Author Topic: comfort seat  (Read 1574 times)

cl1ve2004

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - vstrom 650 al8
    • View Profile
comfort seat
« on: 15 March 2019, 01:44:49 pm »
My old ass needs a better seat,keep getting pain in my right cheek and my back :'( any recommendations, The seat is 16 years old so choices either

reupholster or replace..unless you know better....don't mind someone building seat up as my feet easily touch the floor..

redmandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: comfort seat
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2019, 05:12:10 pm »
My seat is currently at Wijalis in Poland for a reupholster. I’m expecting good results. Was a bit more than I expected though. The eBay listing led me to believe the item cost plus shipping included shipping there as well as back to me but it doesn’t. Was around £140 in the end.

cl1ve2004

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - vstrom 650 al8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2019, 06:50:52 pm »
 once you get it back, It would be great to know what you think... :D

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2019, 06:55:06 pm »
My old ass needs a better seat,keep getting pain in my right cheek and my back :'( any recommendations, The seat is 16 years old so choices either

reupholster or replace..unless you know better....don't mind someone building seat up as my feet easily touch the floor..

Personally I'd go with a re upholster. If you buy another seat 2nd hand it'll probably have carried an 18st lump like me around.

Here's a link to a thread a few years back about the same.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=17732.0
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

redmandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2019, 07:19:28 pm »

Here's a link to a thread a few years back about the same.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=17732.0

Damn, I wish I had seen that thread a bit sooner. I would've used one of those guys in the UK. Read a few reviews of Wijalis and by all acounts he does a good job but I could've spent more on the seat and less on shipping (he wanted 45 quid extra for gel insert). Let's just hope when I get my seat back it's the best ting I have even sat on.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2019, 07:23:31 pm »
Tony Archer is the name that appears a lot on many forums. Had a VFR seat done many years ago and he made a very nice job. I wasn’t convinced it was much more comfortable even after adding more foam etc. Think that’s just me though! Quality of workmanship was very good.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2019, 12:11:25 am »
Tony Archer is the name that appears a lot on many forums. Had a VFR seat done many years ago and he made a very nice job. I wasn’t convinced it was much more comfortable even after adding more foam etc. Think that’s just me though! Quality of workmanship was very good.

Don't doubt in the slightest it was a good job. Everyone has a preference - mine is Dave Digger.

They all do a cracking job and well earn their money.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2019, 02:13:09 pm »
My seat is currently at Wijalis in Poland for a reupholster. I’m expecting good results. Was a bit more than I expected though. The eBay listing led me to believe the item cost plus shipping included shipping there as well as back to me but it doesn’t. Was around £140 in the end.

Had a Wijalis seat on my old FZS600.  I found it a good upgrade. Tiny bit more height, and the beefed up bit in the middle to shove your arse back up against was great. Pillion riders really appreciated it, but note pillion part is a bit higher too. It was grippier too, so much less sliding around in wet weather. Stock seat was a mare for sliding forward in textiles when braking hard, twatting your balls on the tank and making you tense up arms on handlebar (which is not what you want for smooth wet weather riding). Had it on for a couple of years before I recently flogged the bike, held up to elements with no issue.