Date: 29-03-24  Time: 05:11 am

Author Topic: ABS and engine management lights on  (Read 1938 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
ABS and engine management lights on
« on: 20 March 2019, 08:36:17 pm »
What a plonker. Riding home from hospital tonight, been to take my youngest brother some clothes in, took a right turn, the above came on accompanied by a grinding noise, then went off. Same again as I turned right onto my drive. What the foccs that I thought. Bike on the centre stand, fired it up, turned the bars right, same agian. Gave it a good look over, couldnt see anything amiss. In the garage and on the lift, ignition on but bike not running, turn the bars and the foccing thing fired up!

Idiot had put the tank bag back too far forward, turn the bars and it fired the start button :groan

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: ABS and engine management lights on
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2019, 08:58:01 pm »
 :lol :lol :lol  We've all been there fella.

My best one is riding off down the road wondering why the bike sounded noisier than usual ........... forgot me bloody helmet hadn't I  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2019, 09:03:21 pm »
Once thought my battery was drained down because the neutral bulb was really dim ------- I forgot I had my dark visor on.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2019, 09:31:06 pm »
:lol :lol :lol  We've all been there fella.

My best one is riding off down the road wondering why the bike sounded noisier than usual ........... forgot me bloody helmet hadn't I  :lol

Haha I've done that before, 5am shift, got about half a mile before I twigged!😴

My most embarrassing 'biker' moment was when I got my first pinlock helmet (Caberg Duke)
It came with a free insert in the box and I was a bit annoyed cause they'd sent a yellow one instead of clear. I installed it anyway but thought there must be something wrong with it because it was blurry as fuck but I soldiered on thinking I'd get used to it 🤔
Anyways a few days later I stopped at my local yammy dealer and the guy behind the desk noticed my helmet. He asked if he could take a look so I gave it to him, only to watch him laugh his tits off as he peeled the protective YELLOW layer off of my CLEAR pinlock insert 😳😳

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2019, 09:44:58 pm »
I cleaned my fancy new iridium visor with engine degreaser. It turned from iridium to clear in one wipe :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2019, 01:00:38 am »
Idiot had put the tank bag back too far forward, turn the bars and it fired the start button :groan

:D

I was once riding along a dual carriageway, doing 70mph, cruising nicely, when I thought my right hand felt a bit uncomfortable, so I adjusted its position.

Suddenly I had no power.

I twisted the throttle. Nothing.

I flicked down a couple of gears still nothing...!

Then I realised that, when I'd moved my hand, I'd accidentally flicked the kill switch off!!!

:rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2019, 11:22:19 am »
I have told this story before on here but I have no shame and dont mind telling it again.I pulled up outside an insurance office with a big window and all the girls inside were looking at me (as they would) distracted I leaned the bike on to the side stand WHICH WAS NOT DOWN.
Just like this

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2019, 05:30:10 pm »
I think everyone must have done this or nearly everyone,what made this all the more embarrassing was we were at a French hotel where the tables and chairs were assembled around the front of the hotel and the owners let bikers park there,we packed all our gear in the panniers and top box showing off a bit I suppose and then rode off with the disc lock on. :o
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2019, 06:17:12 pm »
The mention of forgetting to remove a disc lock, reminded me of a lovely sunny Sunday at Poole Quay about 20 years ago. The Laverda 750 Formula hadn't been out long, and back then there was a lot more bike parking than is allowed now. Anyone with a tasty bike wanted to be on the front row of bikes so that the pub goers opposite, would have a perfect view of their steed. A lad's Laverda was parked up on the 2nd row, but on seeing the bike in front of him prepare to leave, he leapt onto his bike, fired it up and dropped the clutch the second the other bike started to move. Despite numerous shouts from onlookers, the Laverda shot forward maybe 18 inches, when ...bang. The disc lock smashed into the radial caliper with such force, that the radial arm snapped off the forkleg. The lad was in total shock at what had happened and had no idea how he was ever going to afford the repair.

Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2019, 06:18:40 pm »
Sharpy has just reminded me....

Was a few years back, 5am and wet. Was on the mighty Tiger going through town and came to a T junction where I rarely had to stop.

This one morning I had to stop due to an inconsiderate driver using the road so stopped and put my right foot down............straight onto a plastic bag aaaaand down she went. Got up fuming, heaved the bike (full tank of fuel) back up and promptly threw it over onto it's other side - same as Sharpy....no feckin side side.

I just remember standing there motionless looking at my bike, head down, hands on hips, saying nothing but thinking "some bastard has watched all this and is laughing their tits off"  :lol :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2019, 06:24:21 pm »
thinking "some bastard has watched all this and is laughing their tits off"  :lol :lol
In my case it was 6 young women  :\

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2019, 06:37:26 pm »
thinking "some bastard has watched all this and is laughing their tits off"  :lol :lol

:lol :lol  Did you manage to style it out ?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2019, 07:09:38 pm »

:lol :lol  Did you manage to style it out ?
No

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2019, 11:41:30 pm »
Cleaning both bikes on my inclined drive. Speed Triple rolls forward off the side stand, and knocks the Fazer off its side stand. Two bikes on their sides.......  :'(  Now always left in gear

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 March 2019, 06:55:42 pm »
I was leaving work once walking out to the bike and I was saying goodbye to a rather attractive woman. Just as I was saying goodbye to her a car parking barrier came down and cracked me right on the top of the head :rollin It was bloody sore but I had to brush it off like it didn't hurt :lol

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2019, 09:07:41 pm »
I had to do some navvying years back with an irish gang and the ganger was a real rough foccer,always last in and first out of the shanty,that kind of bloke,anyway he was shooting his big fucking gob off about how we didn't know what graft was and blah,blah,blah, when he walked into an RSJ which was sticking out of a lorry,we was howling as he staggered up the site trying to make out it hadn't hurt it must have been fucking killing him. :lol

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 March 2019, 06:39:45 pm »
Cleaning both bikes on my inclined drive. Speed Triple rolls forward off the side stand, and knocks the Fazer off its side stand. Two bikes on their sides.......  :'(  Now always left in gear

now thats unfortunate and then some. when I ran a truck and a van my then wife backed her car out and hit my van (I was out working in the truck) giving me two vehicles to repair. A couple of weeks later she did the fucker again just after id got them both fixed. I took the truck back home to swap it for the van (changing midday from a brickwork job to a carpentry one) saw my van stoved in again (she'd fucked off to work) took the van to do the job as it was still driveable, but the knock had de latched the rear door unbeknown to me, so got going down the main road, back door flew open, my favourite expensive skillsaw flew out and bounced along the bonnet and roof of the car behind me. That was a very, very expensive few weeks, and ive never owned a skillsaw since that was so compact and powerful. :'( :'(

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 March 2019, 07:19:44 pm »

I'd sold a Honda Deauville and was waiting for the bloke to pick it up and positioned it on my drive so it would look good when he turned in,my drive was also inclined and came of the stand and cracked the fairing and wing mirror glass,so instead of it looking good I had to knock him money off. :wall

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 March 2019, 08:23:09 pm »
The worst one I had :o oh the shame :rollin I went to look at a bike with a good mate. He knew nothing about bikes so I was there for a bit of advise and help :lol He was buying it as a project bike. So we head off to look at it and when we get there it's in a right state. Tank rusted, parts disconnected, battery hanging off so it wouldn't start. I didn't want him buying it without seeing it running so I spent at least an hour fixing problems and he went off and got fresh petrol and we got it running so I was look like a proper biker :lol But it was running like a bag of shoite and was down on power because of blocked carbs from the rusty tank but the engine sounded good and I took it up and down the gears and it all seems fine so my mate agreed a price and he bought it :guitar Then we had to load it up into the back of his pick up truck :groan So he asked me if I could ride it up the ramp into the back of the truck and I agree. What an idiot :groan I start it up pin the throttle to keep it running, it splutters it's way up the ramp, then right at the top it cuts out! I panic and dangle out a leg but my legs aren't 4 foot long so over I go on his new bike :lol oh the embarrassment  :lol Luckily the only damage was a scuffed mirror, indicator and foot peg. My leg got wedged under under the bike and they had to pull it off me but luckily I had no injuries :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 March 2019, 08:48:44 pm »
His dudeness - you have reminded me of an incident that I had long since pushed to the back of my mind. A mate also wanted me to not only give the bike a once over because i was an "experienced" biker and also to ride it home for him as he was not confident to ride it - first bike after passing test, he followed in his car so had a ring side seat to see me crash it for him.  A bit dramatic I just lost the front on some gravel on a shitty country road on a tight bend. No damage to me and "just" scuffs on the bike. It was a Kawasaki 4oo zxr with stupid rock hard suspension which was bouncing me all over the country roads.     

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 March 2019, 09:41:01 pm »
His dudeness - you have reminded me of an incident that I had long since pushed to the back of my mind. A mate also wanted me to not only give the bike a once over because i was an "experienced" biker and also to ride it home for him as he was not confident to ride it - first bike after passing test, he followed in his car so had a ring side seat to see me crash it for him.  A bit dramatic I just lost the front on some gravel on a shitty country road on a tight bend. No damage to me and "just" scuffs on the bike. It was a Kawasaki 4oo zxr with stupid rock hard suspension which was bouncing me all over the country roads.   
:lol the moral of the story is help no one :lol