Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:24 am

Author Topic: Knife/any murders. is it time for capital punishment for those found guilty  (Read 13041 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
All that twaddle has been tried before. And failed
You are right it's been tried before.  It's tried and tested in Boston USA and Glasgow Scotland.  As a multi angle approach and initiative it continues to be developed.  It delivers results.
Remember Heseltine and his vow to cure the "sink estates". Failed. A ban on selling knifes, failed, since most (I imagine) just get out out of the kitchen drawer.
But hey going by that you haven't even bothered to read up on it before condeming it as useless.
Stop and search, coupled with  a deterrent, and meaningful sentencing.
Yup, feel free to keep doing the same old stuff that doesn't work.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
an automatic minimum 5yr prison term for carrying a knife, with no chance of a reduced sentence or appeal.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Think you'll find that stringing them up will 100% stop them from reoffending.
Yep, even the ones who didn't do it....

Prevention's better than cure.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products

The Judge Dredd series in 2000AD came up with the ultimate end of this: Judge Death from a parallel world where it was decided that since all crime was committed by the living, the best way to prevent all crime was to kill everyone...

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile

The Judge Dredd series in 2000AD came up with the ultimate end of this: Judge Death from a parallel world where it was decided that since all crime was committed by the living, the best way to prevent all crime was to kill everyone...

My cousin was in that film  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
an automatic minimum 5yr prison term for carrying a knife, with no chance of a reduced sentence or appeal.
:agree

...by the way VNA - cut the crap with spelling your responses how you speak. You wouldn't type a letter that way so cut the "I'm Scottish" shite out. TW@.....
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
The thing is carrying a knife is not the problem, sticking in someone is.
It's all about context.
If I'm off wild camping, I'll have my trusty bushcraft knife with me along with all my kit.
I've always got a multi tool with me with a blade on it, even driving in London every night.
So, common sense has got to be applied here.
If just carrying a knife equals big jail time the offenders will just carry a large screwdriver or something.
Anything can be a deadly weapon.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2019, 12:44:48 am by dazza »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
:agree

...by the way VNA - cut the crap with spelling your responses how you speak. You wouldn't type a letter that way so cut the "I'm Scottish" shite out. TW@.....

Exactly, as a Scot I find it quite pathetic.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Grayling throws away £33 million at Eurotunnel to keep out of court, but Hammond refuses Javid's £15 million request for emergency police budget to tackle knife crime.

Easy to see where this pathetic government's priorities lie.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
If I'm off wild camping, I'll have my trusty bushcraft knife with me along with all my kit.
If you're wild camping in Stratford High Street they might get a bit suspicious  :)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Well, your journey has to start somewhere.
And it's not uncommon for me to have my grab bag in my boot comprising of a Bergen full of kit including a knife, axe and folding saw.
Like I say, it's all about context.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
You are right of course. From what I'm told..... the first question the police ask is 'do you have a valid reason for possessing that item?'

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile

that lady from Scotland was on gmtv this morning, cant remember her name, but shes been tackling knife crime for 15 years or so, and successfully. She made some good points to say the least. And big up to her for not accepting the easy attack on austerity..as she pointed out when knife crime was at its worst (2005 I think), there was no austerity.

Its community spirit that she utilised to give a long term solution (ten to fifteen years)

That, thanks to the liberal left, hasn't a hope of being a solution now. But nobody on the telly will be allowed to say that as it will be" racist". Corbyn loves to squeal about fighting for the poor. in truth, he doesn't give a fuck about them, unless they are any other colour than white. Do you think there would have been half the outcry over Grenfell if it had been full of old white pensioners?
The lefts policies both past and in the future if Corbyn gets in are for more immigration.  These policies have filled most of the cities with people from other countries who are extremely poor (at least until the benefits roll in)and often with a totally different and far harder outlook than the indigenous native population.
Thats not being racist, its a simple statement of fact.
those on the left have said repeatedly re capital punishment that its not acceptable to you to risk one innocent life to be taken. And yet you have no problem whatsoever risking the lives of countless children like that young girl who got killed the other day by letting anybody and everybody into the country.
Again on the tv, last night they interviewed the remnants of women, children and captured fighters from isis. ten prevent said they were sorry, the other 90percent said they hated us and will find other ways to try to kill us.
and still, Corbyn and the lefties will do all they can to bring them back, rather than admit the failure of their idealogical beliefs.
yes this government is crap. but the alternative are far, far worse, led by a man who only befriends terrorist organisations and other enemies of our country.
London is broken, and hopefully people will see through political parties who create a disease so they can perversely set themselves up as a cure.
Its virtue signalling political pygmy of a mayor will only add to the problem. how much has knife crime gone up on his watch?
So, in conclusion,I don't think there is an answer..

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Well said Ogri  . :thumbup

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile

I so hope your wrong ogri because if they don't find an answer a lot of teenage kids that are either dead at the hands of the their killers who will spend a life in prison.   
I see the one charged with stabbing the 17 year old to death in Manchester is out on BAIL but as it said on the news he's from a wealthy family.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
I so hope im wrong too mate. I really do.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
that lady from Scotland was on gmtv this morning, cant remember her name, but shes been tackling knife crime for 15 years or so, and successfully. She made some good points to say the least. And big up to her for not accepting the easy attack on austerity..as she pointed out when knife crime was at its worst (2005 I think), there was no austerity.  These polices were put in place under the then Labour Liberal coalition. 

Its community spirit that she utilised to give a long term solution (ten to fifteen years)

Well who was she, What did she say?  Yes indeed it was 2005 that knife crime peaked in Scotland.  And the VRU initiatives include a good deal of community initiatives, and have experienced a great deal of success.  I hope that despite austerity we have managed to keep much of that in place. 

As for your following xenophobic rant…..
Do you think there would have been half the outcry over Grenfell if it had been full of old white pensioners?
Personally, I fail to see what the colour of a person’s skin has to do with 70 odd people being burnt alive wholly unnecessarily in a tower block.  The Grenfell disaster was an absolute outrage – full stop.

But having said what you have said – an absolutely utterly disgraceful contemptuous comment if ever there was one – well do you think if Grenfell was as you say “full of old white pensioners” Prime Minister May would have managed to find it within herself to go and meet the survivors?  I rather think she would have.

I think I’ll leave it at that.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile

It would rather depend on whom I was writing to.  English is not the only language spoken in the UK Frosties.

:eek :eek :eek

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

It would rather depend on whom I was writing to.  English is not the only language spoken in the UK Frosties.

:eek :eek :eek

Its not even real scotish is it. More like pidgin scotish I would say. Oooh sorry shouldn't say pidgin as it may offend the snowflake virtue signallers.-----  Non indigenous identifying as an ethnic language who's first language is other than an indigenous speaking majority population. Ahhh -panic over go back to your kir royal       
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Do you think there would have been half the outcry over Grenfell if it had been full of old white pensioners?
I'm sorry ogri but that's an appalling and insulting statement. I expected better.
What it certainly wasn't full of was rich people. It was a dumping ground for poor people, surrounded by the wealthiest in the country.
If it was occupied by rich people, do you think it would have been clad in cheap flammable material?
« Last Edit: 07 March 2019, 08:25:49 pm by mtread »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Its not even real scotish is it.
Scots is the term you are looking for.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
And scotish doesn't even exist. It's Scottish  :lol
Must be one shortbread missing of an entire tin.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
You get the feeling this thread has been hyjacked.

Back on topic, I have to agree with Ogri48, 5 years for carrying a knife with intent. An 8 inch blade concealed about your person is intent.

Carrying a penknife or a multi tool is not the same as carrying a knife with a blade exceeding 7.62 cm or 3 inches, that is the legal maximum blade size you can carry about your person, but I believe then it has to be folding pocket knife.
If your multi tool has a knife blade that can be locked in the open position it is still illegal to carry it. Any knife that has an automatically opening blade is illegal as is any locking blade knife.
Carrying a knife in the passenger area of a car is unwise, even if it is used for hobby or work related things, best carried in the boot where it can not be reached easily.
The police are not stupid (generally) a lot of Stanley type knives have locking blades the push out of the handle with a shove from a thumb, if you have it in a glove box or door pocket of a car they will be suspicious, if it is in a tool bag or box or even a hobby/ fishing box in the boot it should not be a problem as long as you have not obviously tried to conceal it. Common sense must come into play,
Plus they must make an assessment on the individual concerned
« Last Edit: 08 March 2019, 01:32:48 am by tommyardin »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Yep I agree with all of that. It must carry a deterrent punishment, even for carrying a knife 'in defence'. As you say, the police aren't stupid.

But there must be other actions. Good friend of mine has just won an award for her theatre group touring schools with an anti - gang production. Money needs to be spent as well.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Yep I agree with all of that. It must carry a deterrent punishment, even for carrying a knife 'in defence'. As you say, the police aren't stupid.

But there must be other actions. Good friend of mine has just won an award for her theatre group touring schools with an anti - gang production. Money needs to be spent as well.

Even carrying a knife as you say 'in defence' the inference there is that you will use it, proving intention.
I could not say 'I am carrying a gun because some police do and they sometimes make mistakes so I am carrying it to defend myself', it is the same with a knife.

Hit the stupid shits hard who carrying an illegal blade longer than the legal size or with a flick action or locking blade, the police recognise muppets, they are the ones who usually mouth off to the police and loudly threaten them, saying shit like 'You are dead hard when there is 3 of you, if you were by yourself I would take you down' It is so easy to talk tough when you know that the police will not give them a chance to have a pop, often because they are on camera, or how would a policeman explain that his prisoner the innocent little victim had had the shit beaten out of him.
Put them in the prison for 5 years and there they can then practice all the mouthing off they want.

I agree with education the Anti-Gang theatre is a brilliant idea for children that are in school or members of clubs, it is deterrent from going down that route, but the idiots already on the streets will never hear that message, or would not want to.