Date: 28-03-24  Time: 20:03 pm

Author Topic: Knife/any murders. is it time for capital punishment for those found guilty  (Read 13050 times)

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile

Bring back the death penalty.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
I'm sure the armed forces do not want the people that carry knives, first sign of a fire fight and the would bottle it big style. Would any of you want to rely on one of these idiots to cover your back?

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
You know, perversely Sharia law offers 3 options for this-

1) Retribution, simply demanding the killer also be killed,  2) Receive Payment of blood money in liu of  demanding the death of the killer,  or 3) The family of the deceased may forgive the killer.

Putting the views of the victim or victims families first now there's something new!

No good at all,
1 -  the  " killer" might actually be innocent.
2 -  rich people buy their way out, poor people can't.
3 - all well and good but ho in the family makes the decision.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
You're going back in time though.

Yes, because those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it - George Santayana

These days you can't even blow your nose without being on CCTV, or with someone recording you on their phone, plus we have DNA science to aid us as well.

And ANPR cameras and trackers and so on, yet so many bikes get stolen and never recovered. So if they can't do that, what chance is there of catching murderers etc, even when such crimes happen so much more infrequently?

You'll still have the defence liars trying every trick in the book to get you off though, as that's what these shameless bastards do, even when they know you're guilty.

Yes, because *THAT'S THEIR JOB*!

EVERYONE is entitled to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence.

Otherwise why don't we just go back to the old days of finding some likely person (especially whose face we don't like) and string them up from the nearest lamp post...?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
You're going back in time though.

Yes, because those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it - George Santayana

These days you can't even blow your nose without being on CCTV, or with someone recording you on their phone, plus we have DNA science to aid us as well.

And ANPR cameras and trackers and so on, yet so many bikes get stolen and never recovered. So if they can't do that, what chance is there of catching murderers etc, even when such crimes happen so much more infrequently?

You'll still have the defence liars trying every trick in the book to get you off though, as that's what these shameless bastards do, even when they know you're guilty.

Yes, because *THAT'S THEIR JOB*!

EVERYONE is entitled to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence.

Otherwise why don't we just go back to the old days of finding some likely person (especially whose face we don't like) and string them up from the nearest lamp post...?

Stolen bikes are not exactly on top of the agenda for the police unfortunately. A bit like someone going into an Amsterdam police station and saying someone’s just nicked your pushbike.

And i know it’s their job, but i just fucking hate the way they lie and bend the truth for a very good living. And i also get the fact if they were defending me i would prefer the best outcome too.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
I could support the death penalty for the very worst of crimes, like acts of terrorism and crimes like Brady and his accomplice, but its just never going to happen so we have to look at prevention. The biggest single impact was the removal of Stop and Search, dropped because t was deemed to be acting against the interest of certain sections of the community, and the government appeased them by removing S&S. Now we are paying the price. Coupled with police number reductions, budget reductions, holiday camp prisons, soft sentencing, do gooder liberals etc, the streets are under the control of criminals. Ask yourselves who is going to correct all this, who has the plans and policies, who has got the balls to stand up and speak out and act to correct this. My guess is no-one who has any authority, for fear of being labelled racist or any other of the labels currently being slung around. The knifers wont stop, because there is nothing in place to deter or prevent them from killing.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
May says it's nothing to do with police numbers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/04/no-link-between-knife-and-police-cuts-says-theresa-may

Well she is never going to say that it is to do witb police numbers !

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
May says it's nothing to do with police numbers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/04/no-link-between-knife-and-police-cuts-says-theresa-may

As the former Home Secretary, she has to say that. Can you imagine her saying that reduced police funding/numbers has had an impact, having been responsible for those reductions?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
 Right now you probably need stop and search as an emergency response.  But long term it will work against you. 
The problem is the stuff you wanna hear, the stuff that makes good Sun, Mail and Express headlines, well none of it works.
Another article on how we tackled knife crime here in Scotland.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45572691

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
Some of the so called experts want to do a few shifts in H.M. UNIVERSITIES OF CRIME so they understand the what they are talking about. They might just change their tune

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
I blame the parents.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
That I am sorry to say parents and where you are born is not always easy answer to blame for peoples bad behavier though they are the easy target we all have the choice we all KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG. it's a personal choice which road we take. Which I have been told many times by those that choose the wrong  road.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Right now you probably need stop and search as an emergency response.  But long term it will work against you. 
The problem is the stuff you wanna hear, the stuff that makes good Sun, Mail and Express headlines, well none of it works.
Another article on how we tackled knife crime here in Scotland.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45572691

How the fuck can they take the time to write that whole article, mentioning that 80% involved had been drinking yet no mention of drugs whatsoever???

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile

The purpose of reduced sentences is to encourage rehabilitation and remorse. I agree, for the worst murders this is not going to happen. In those cases life must mean life, and it mustn't be pleasant.

Now not having ever spent more than one night in a police station, I really don’t have any experiences of incarceration.
My understanding was that criminals do not go into prison to be punished, but that the removal of their liberty was indeed the punishment, and ideally come out a reformed person.

But for premeditated murder, and I think anyone going out carrying a knife I think premeditation is infered, a life sentence should be a minimum of 25 - 30 years. For someone who has killed more than once it should be their natural life.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
The only thing prison does is keep the general public safe from convicted criminals for the period of their sentence and very little else despite you are told by the powers that be. If it did there wouldn't be so many return time after time to H.M UNIVERSITY OF CRIME. 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
The only thing prison does is keep the general public safe from convicted criminals for the period of their sentence and very little else despite you are told by the powers that be. If it did there wouldn't be so many return time after time to H.M UNIVERSITY OF CRIME.

Truth is, some people are just wired differently, also it can be to do with the way they've been brought up, their natural surroundings (ie: a lawless country compared to ours), drink/drug abuse, gang culture, some are just generally thick all round, and for others it will be a heat of the moment crime. No doubt greed and jealousy plays a big part too.
Then you slowly move over to self defence, which still has to be proven, even more so if the person who committed the act has previous form themselves. Just because you committed 10 similar crimes before, doesn't automatically make you immediately guilty of an 11th even if it does seem highly likely, hence the reason you're not supposed to divulge any previous crimes to a jury to stop any bias.
The other thing as well which can be hugely influential is trial by media, if the newspapers don't like you or have made up the jurors mind before a case has even gone to court then you are well and truly fucked.
Prison itself now has the problem of actually bringing some of the scummiest wankers in the UK together in the same environment, so this creates another gang culture inside that's worse than the ones outside. Not just the UK obviously, that's a worldwide problem.
Some people are career criminals though and either can't or won't change. I do think that the most savage ones that are overwhelmingly found guilty don't deserve food, a roof, and all forms of care at our expense and should be terminated.

The alternative of course is keep your head down, study, get a job, and be nice to people. Simple. :lol
« Last Edit: 05 March 2019, 07:31:27 am by darrsi »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Arm the populace.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
Nope that wouldn't work either celticdog most normal people couldn't/wouldn't plunge a knife into anyone or pull a trigger, or just hesitate untill it was to late.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Nope that wouldn't work either celticdog most normal people couldn't/wouldn't plunge a knife into anyone or pull a trigger, or just hesitate untill it was to late.

A knife is much more sinister than a gun as it's up close and personal.
But if you're born into an area or country where you could see someone shot, stabbed or worse on a daily basis then it becomes the norm to them.
There are many countries that behave in this barbaric way, then their people move over here "for a better life" but bring all their shit with them.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
IMHO capital punishment for indisputable guilt, such as the murderers of Lee Rigby, should be reintroduced. I am not interested in rehabilitating or reforming anyone like that. They chose murder, they should be treated equally.
Also IMHO there has been a gradual removal of discipline and deterrent over recent years. In my neighbourhood there are feral kids doing all kinds of mischief with no concern whatsoever for being caught or getting "a good telling off". Clearly they carry this through to adulthood and expect to get their own spoilt way in all matters.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
IMHO capital punishment for indisputable guilt, such as the murderers of Lee Rigby, should be reintroduced. I am not interested in rehabilitating or reforming anyone like that. They chose murder, they should be treated equally.
Also IMHO there has been a gradual removal of discipline and deterrent over recent years. In my neighbourhood there are feral kids doing all kinds of mischief with no concern whatsoever for being caught or getting "a good telling off". Clearly they carry this through to adulthood and expect to get their own spoilt way in all matters.

Not in a million years of seeing a shrink would the Lee Rigby killers show any remorse or have any remote chance of being reformed, as not only are they simple evil bastards, they are brainwashed religious freaks.
As I said before, the police should've done things American style and put them to rest at the scene, but instead they get to spout their bollocks to other naïve and gullible people inside prison, where if I had my way they'd be in solitary with nothing but four walls to stare at.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
As I said before, the police should've done things American style
Fire a dozen bullets into any black person they don't like the look of?    Hmmmmm.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
As I said before, the police should've done things American style
Fire a dozen bullets into any black person they don't like the look of?    Hmmmmm.

Possibly one of the most retarded responses you've said yet, when we were clearly talking about the killers of Lee Rigby!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Quote from: VNA on Today at 12:15:00 PM<blockquote>Quote<blockquote>As I said before, the police should've done things American style </blockquote>Fire a dozen bullets into any black person they don't like the look of?    Hmmmmm.</blockquote>

Possibly one of the most retarded responses you've said yet, when we were clearly talking about the killers of Lee Rigby!
I thought it was knife crime and capital punishment.

Now we seem to be onto Lee Rigby and your opinion that our police should act as judge, jury and executioners. :eek

But apparently, I am the one that is retarded. :lol