Date: 19-04-24  Time: 06:26 am

Author Topic: Knife/any murders. is it time for capital punishment for those found guilty  (Read 13196 times)

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
If those found guilty knife/any murders face the ultimate punishment to dangle at the end of a rope perhaps they would think twice about going out with a knife tucked in there belt.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
No. Too many innocent people have been hanged

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Think I'd prefer a life sentence with NO reduction for being a good boy.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
The thing is, if you look at the savage sentencing in America, along with the odd capital punishment state, it still hasn’t discouraged people from committing atrocious crimes.
The main reason behind it all is drugs.
People are so off their nut these days that they don’t fear anything any more.
Whenever i see trouble in a pub now it’s not the “drunk” people that are the cause, as the media would always lead you to believe, it’s the blatant angry coke head that generally kicks things off who has mixed their drugs with booze and rapidly switches their mood to instant arsehole in seconds.
It’s also why all these gangs are going around stabbing each other, it’s because of drug wars.

As for that poor 17yr old girl who got stabbed yesterday, that was just premeditated murder carried out by wankers in balaclava’s.
I would not be surprised if that was some kind of initiation thing, or less likely but possibly religious/terror related, but whoever they are i would quite happily let authorities put them to sleep (which will never happen) or alternatively give them a HUMAN LIFE sentence, in solitary. Not the life sentence of a gerbil or hamster.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
The purpose of reduced sentences is to encourage rehabilitation and remorse. I agree, for the worst murders this is not going to happen. In those cases life must mean life, and it mustn't be pleasant.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile

If anyone is interested I suggest someone asks under the freedom of information act the number of convicted murderers that have been released and gone on to received a convictions for  2nd or even 3rd murder you would be horrified I know of several, and it would far outweigh the number of wrongful convictions. Mtread your very naïve if you believe that stick to HMRC and leave it to the people who have to keep these people in custody.

« Last Edit: 03 March 2019, 03:02:11 pm by steve 10562cc »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
I'm anything but naive :)

It's not a numbers game. One innocent person wrongly executed by society is one too many
« Last Edit: 03 March 2019, 04:24:24 pm by mtread »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
I'm anything but naive :)

It's not a numbers game. One innocent person wrongly executed by society is one too many

But there are cases like the Lee Rigby murder where it’s 100% guilty as charged and now we have to pay to keep those shitbags in food and care.
Personally i think the police should’ve taken them out at the scene.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
The only answer is a real full life sentence, no parole or early release  for any reason, no visitors and some kind of hard labour that is measured, don't make the quota they don't  get food or drink. 

But there is no chance of any of that, too many liberal dogooding  gob shites who think the criminal has more rights than the victim,  if you commit a major crime the emphasis has to be on punishment not rehabilitation.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile

Mtread there are far more innocent victims of murders that are released, than miscarriage's of justice.  Clever barristers and the bleeding heart brigade win many appeals.   

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Tricky one. If there is NO chance of release then there is no incentive to behave themselves in prison. Ok life means life but to get them to behave, maybe behaving yourself instead of any early release would get you a tv, misbehave - gets taken away. Vid games and consoles what ever the same.Death penalty but for some is what they want, I would gladly pay to keep them from their 28 virgins and keep them alive.       
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
 Deterrents will not work.
Scotland used to have the highest knife crime in the developed world.  Not anymore.  Still an issue but not quite the massive issue it used to be.  Article on how Scotland tackled knife crime;
https://www.theguardian.com/membership/2017/dec/03/how-scotland-reduced-knife-deaths-among-young-people
And I am reminded of the fantastic documentary photographer David Gillanders Glasgow knife crime project.  Well worth a look, but be warned it is not for the faint hearted.  Seriously hard hitting stuff.
http://www.davidgillanders.com/documentary/glasgow/

« Last Edit: 03 March 2019, 09:50:21 pm by VNA »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Mtread there are far more innocent victims of murders that are released, than miscarriage's of justice. 
As I said, it's not a numbers game. If you're happy for an innocent person to get hanged as a deterrent to prevent someone else murdering again, then I hope the innocent person isn't one of yours.
You can release an innocent person, but you can't dig them up.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Oh dear, a good old Death Penalty thread.

Ever heard the expression "Might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb"? That was from the time when you could be hanged for stealing a sheep.

Try looking up the history of The Bloody Code and realise that, despite all those crimes which could get you hanged, people *still* committed these crimes and, of course, innocent people were hanged due to miscarriages of justice, even those supposedly convicted "Beyond Resonable Doubt".

Then consider the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4 and similar cases where people were convicted because of bent Police, dodgy forensics etc...

So you can't stop people committing crimes, even by threatening them with death, and even when you convict someone, you might have the wrong person.

So, in answer to your question: No.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Oh dear, a good old Death Penalty thread.

Ever heard the expression "Might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb"? That was from the time when you could be hanged for stealing a sheep.

Try looking up the history of The Bloody Code and realise that, despite all those crimes which could get you hanged, people *still* committed these crimes and, of course, innocent people were hanged due to miscarriages of justice, even those supposedly convicted "Beyond Resonable Doubt".

Then consider the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4 and similar cases where people were convicted because of bent Police, dodgy forensics etc...

So you can't stop people committing crimes, even by threatening them with death, and even when you convict someone, you might have the wrong person.

So, in answer to your question: No.

You're going back in time though.
These days you can't even blow your nose without being on CCTV, or with someone recording you on their phone, plus we have DNA science to aid us as well.
Obviously not always, but sometimes there will be outstanding evidence that the person is 100% guilty of the crime.
You'll still have the defence liars trying every trick in the book to get you off though, as that's what these shameless bastards do, even when they know you're guilty. And the more money or fame you have, the more chance you will have of getting a lesser sentence or being let off. That's just the way of the world unfortunately.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
You know, perversely Sharia law offers 3 options for this-

1) Retribution, simply demanding the killer also be killed,  2) Receive Payment of blood money in liu of  demanding the death of the killer,  or 3) The family of the deceased may forgive the killer.

Putting the views of the victim or victims families first now there's something new!
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
Capital punishment does not have to be a mandatary sentence, but I believe it should be on the statute to enable  the judge to use it in the most horrendous cases of premeditated murder. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
 But it solves nothing as we know deterrents don’t work.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
And the alternative to defence liars are lying coppers determined to get a conviction, come what may.

So, not in my name you don't.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Whatever happened to the "Mandatory 5 year sentence" for those found carrying a knife?We need more "snatch" teams to do random stop and searches and bollox to the PC lefties who scream harrassment.
Friend of mine was in London visiting his sister. He popped out to the local shops and was stabbed from behind in the liver, no reason, no warning. He was in intensive care for 3 weeks but fortunately pulled through, though he will never be 100%. Police suggested it may have been a gang "initiation" to prove how big and manly they are to stab someone in the back and run away.
How about compulsory conscription to the services to have it beasted out of them, learn respect and hopefully come out educated with a trade and some use to society.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
 Just bare in mind prison is just a university for criminals to hone their skills and knowledge in various methods and avoiding being detected of crime, and that for what it's worth is from experience of working within that system. 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
I'm a 'PC lefty' but I fully support Stop and Search in the current climate.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Whatever happened to the "Mandatory 5 year sentence" for those found carrying a knife?We need more "snatch" teams to do random stop and searches and bollox to the PC lefties who scream harrassment.
Friend of mine was in London visiting his sister. He popped out to the local shops and was stabbed from behind in the liver, no reason, no warning. He was in intensive care for 3 weeks but fortunately pulled through, though he will never be 100%. Police suggested it may have been a gang "initiation" to prove how big and manly they are to stab someone in the back and run away.
How about compulsory conscription to the services to have it beasted out of them, learn respect and hopefully come out educated with a trade and some use to society.

Now this is a good option. I'd personally assign 2 to every foot patrol - stick him right up the front to find those IED's. If he finds one then then call up the next. If they died they'd have done something of use by saving our boys.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.