Date: 19-04-24  Time: 10:26 am

Author Topic: what is a cager in training?  (Read 1842 times)

Mike1962

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Suzuki dl250
    • View Profile
what is a cager in training?
« on: 28 February 2019, 08:00:23 pm »
Hi

Very new to the forum and Fazer ownership.  Most things I get but what is a 'cager in training'?

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: what is a cager in training?
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2019, 09:27:11 pm »
You've been promoted to a CBT Wobbler :lol It's just an automatic tag that changes depending on the number of posts you've made. It doesn't mean anything

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2019, 09:43:43 pm »
Never got the "cager in training" myself as it does not fit in with the rest of the biking ones, I think it sould start at CBT wobbler. Never really been a fan of them anyway, on other forums I have seen people just post anything about anything to get their "kudos"  or some sort of ranking name inflated, a bit childish IMO.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2019, 09:56:13 pm »
Just a reply to check and help enhance my rating.   :lol

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2019, 07:19:32 am »
"Cager" refers to people who drive cars (sat inside a cage) so "Cager in training" infers you are a lowly car driver on the road to becoming a better person, i.e. a biker  :D
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2019, 07:48:08 am »
Hi

Very new to the forum and Fazer ownership.  Most things I get but what is a 'cager in training'?

it confused me at the beginning as well..
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2019, 09:17:06 am »
Hi

Yes I initially thought that it was something that members chose themselves from a list and I was a bit offended that I could not change it as I was not a cager in training or cbt wobbler as I have been riding for decades.
So 9instead you can change your signature that appears under your posts mine says  "I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame."
And you can add under your profile picture. Mine says "9 1/2 stone Racing Snake" but I should change the to 10 stone after all the winter pies !     

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2019, 10:52:51 am »

Always felt that was a bit pointless too as it’s based on the number of posts which you can see anyway. And quite a few people have a total greatly inflated by contributions to the meritless "three word story" and "word association" threads.
A ranking based on the usefulness of posts would be a welcome addition, eg. a count of thumbs-up clicks… but that would probably involve a change of forum platform and a lot of expense.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2019, 08:16:05 pm »
Hi

Now that doesn't surprise me  :lol :lol :lol :lol

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2019, 08:38:48 pm »

Always felt that was a bit pointless too as it’s based on the number of posts which you can see anyway. And quite a few people have a total greatly inflated by contributions to the meritless "three word story" and "word association" threads.
A ranking based on the usefulness of posts would be a welcome addition, eg. a count of thumbs-up clicks… but that would probably involve a change of forum platform and a lot of expense.

Dude   :eek don't knock the three word story and word ass, they've been on the forum for years and are a great source of mirth to some of us!

There's plenty of worthless content on here- politics, music, jokes, rants and the odd bit of biker nostalgia. It's all gravy.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2019, 07:23:14 am »
Hi

Now that doesn't surprise me  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mate after Kick Start I'm not surprised! LMAO
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2019, 09:49:07 am »
Keep yer head down or you may end up with the kind of tags I have been awarded. :eek
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 March 2019, 07:18:44 pm »
Keep yer head down or you may end up with the kind of tags I have been awarded. :eek
Lepper of Cocks :lol I won't ask

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 March 2019, 07:40:26 pm »

Lepper of Cocks :lol I won't ask

How about Lock Keeper.

Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2019, 12:20:22 pm »

YES! Have come across a few forums where individuals can "thumbs up" a Reply Post, to indicate it was very useful information. Which was the only way their RANK gets increased. Not based on posting 100's of pointless one liners... or even Three words in some cases. :)

But like anything in life, there will always be a minority who go out of their way to beat (cheat) the system.  :whip

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2019, 12:48:29 pm »

YES! Have come across a few forums where individuals can "thumbs up" a Reply Post, to indicate it was very useful information. Which was the only way their RANK gets increased. Not based on posting 100's of pointless one liners... or even Three words in some cases. :)

But like anything in life, there will always be a minority who go out of their way to beat (cheat) the system.  :whip
Not a fan of the thums up - or any other form of "kudos" gathering on forums. Have seen it on other forums where the ones with the most "kudos" are more likely the biggest tossers who think they "own" the forum and gives them the right to be rude to others with impunity. 

IMO People get on fine on this forum and mostly thank those who have helped without the need for a thumbs up button. 

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2019, 08:17:49 pm »
YES! Have come across a few forums where individuals can "thumbs up" a Reply Post, to indicate it was very useful information. Which was the only way their RANK gets increased.

And I've seen this abused on forums where those with the most "Rep" keep liking their mates posts to artificially boost their level (and the amount of Rep they could give out), but if you pissed one of them off, they would "Revenge Rep" your score into oblivion.

Eventually, due to the blatant manipulation of the system (including by one of the Moderators!) the whole thing was dumped.