Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:31 pm

Author Topic: Help needed form wise Foccers  (Read 804 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Help needed form wise Foccers
« on: 25 February 2019, 10:55:26 pm »
Hi chaps,
I have just fitted a new Lifan 125cc engine in my little Honda C90-G Cub, the engine is a direct replacement and all the engine mounting bolts line up.

There is one adjustment that is needed and that is the foot rest assembly that bolts on the bottom of the engine needs to be widened by 1.75 inches to accommodate the slightly wider engine at that point. (Cut, insert and weld new 45mm piece of 18mm round bar)
The front sprocket all seems to be inline, so that should be OK.

On the legal side what should the process be as far as informing DVLA and my insurance company?
The Honda is due a MOT in a week or so, should the MOT be done before informing DVLA or the other way around?

Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks.
tommy

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Help needed form wise Foccers
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2019, 08:55:11 am »
Stick the V5 in the post with the new engine details on there and job done.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed form wise Foccers
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2019, 09:03:43 am »
tommy,
You could search out the footbar assembly for the ELECTRIC START version of the Cub.
I found one on ebay that provided sufficient clearance for the extra width of Lifan engine and accomodate the rear brake pedal and exhaust pipe/silencer.
Alternatively,as you say, cut and insert/weld extra section in to existing bar. Chain line I found perfect.
V5C-Simply a change of engine advice to DVLA (Notify insurance co of increased capacity-power increase is slight but tractability of 4 spd motor much improves riding experience). Its looking good!!!