Date: 23-04-24  Time: 11:18 am

Author Topic: pipe cleaner  (Read 802 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
pipe cleaner
« on: 20 February 2019, 09:42:46 pm »
I'm thinking of buying a set of stainless pipes for my gen 2,mainly because I can't stop them staining no matter what I do,do you think the stainless ones will be any easier to keep clean ?
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: pipe cleaner
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2019, 10:32:12 pm »
The standard ones on the gen 2 are stainless from the factory? The only after market ones avaliable are the 'race' ones that don't have the Cat

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2019, 10:33:06 pm »
Have you tried Harpic Power 1 toilet cleaner on them?
Brings them back to shiney silver in a matter of minutes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2019, 10:59:58 pm »
Have you tried Harpic Power 1 toilet cleaner on them?Brings them back to shiney silver in a matter of minutes

I've used that on my Tiger pipes, which turn brown as you look at them. Works a treat  :)

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2019, 08:27:00 pm »
someone told me they were stainless but I didn't take a lot of notice,the only reason I was thinking of these after market pipes were because I wanted stainless,for the cleaning side of things,I'll certainly try that harpic stuff and thanks,Phil. :thumbup

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2019, 09:00:27 pm »
someone told me they were stainless but I didn't take a lot of notice,the only reason I was thinking of these after market pipes were because I wanted stainless,for the cleaning side of things,I'll certainly try that harpic stuff and thanks,Phil. :thumbup

Yeah its really good stuff. Just give your pipes a quick wipe down with a damp cloth to get any dirt off then pour the Harpic into an old mug (or something) and use a paint brush to brush it directly onto the pipes. Leave for about 5 minutes then wash off with fresh water and you'll be amazed how good of a job it does. I use it all the back to the link pipe.
Probably best to wear gloves too as it can sting a tad if it comes into contact with bare skin  :thumbup

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2019, 07:54:21 pm »
Thanks to some cracking advice about cleaning my exhausts,I got some Harpic max 10 and set to with a green scourer ,I couldn't believe how this stuff worked! not only on the pipes but the collector box and back to the link pipe and I even cleaned up the suspension links which have always been a swine to clean,after about 15/20 mins and a further 15 with the autosol the pipes etc were clean as a whistle,and the Harpic was on special at a £1 a bottle,yes a foccin' pound and I hardly used any!wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't posted so thanks again. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
« Last Edit: 22 February 2019, 07:55:14 pm by coffee »