Date: 29-03-24  Time: 06:11 am

Author Topic: How sad am I?  (Read 2242 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
How sad am I?
« on: 20 February 2019, 07:04:37 pm »
Sooner than pay the local council £20 to take my failed washing machine away, I dragged into the garage, stripped it down into is individual parts, then cut up the white metal casing into sheets. It now goes into the motor car boot for the tip in the morning.

But I saved £20 :)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: How sad am I?
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2019, 07:08:15 pm »
Not sad.... very bored maybe but not sad haha

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2019, 07:18:32 pm »
And you'll be visiting about 5 different skips  :lol

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2019, 07:19:18 pm »
Next time take it to a local scrap metal dealer, you won't get much but you won't get nothing
I took some old alloy wheels and two catalytic converters down last week and the girl there said if I could bring old washing machines etc as well.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2019, 08:29:09 pm »
Sooner than pay the local council £20 to take my failed washing machine away,

Down here in Portsmouth there's a local company that will take it away for free and strip it for parts or use other parts to make it work, then flog it to students :thumbup

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2019, 09:18:37 pm »
Sooner than pay the local council £20 to take my failed washing machine away, I dragged into the garage, stripped it down into is individual parts, then cut up the white metal casing into sheets. It now goes into the motor car boot for the tip in the morning.

But I saved £20 :)

I don't think you're sad at all,if everone did the same thing councils might think twice before taking the piss,they want £15 for a single and £20 for a double bed around here. :eek
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2019, 09:25:35 pm »
ha not sad, commendable mate..

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2019, 09:32:15 pm »
And you'll be visiting about 5 different skips  :lol

There very good at our local site, the lads take the stuff from your boot and skip it for you. I suspect anything of any value or use is blackholed, can blame them for that, good luck to them

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2019, 09:34:04 pm »
Next time take it to a local scrap metal dealer, you won't get much but you won't get nothing
I took some old alloy wheels and two catalytic converters down last week and the girl there said if I could bring old washing machines etc as well.

I couldnt, it was a heavy foccer, big concrete block bolted onto the front inside. I had to drag it outside the house. Theres no way I could have lifted it into the motor car boot, and I dont thinkit would even have gone in the 206

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2019, 10:50:52 pm »
Doing stuff like that, I think of it more as therapy.  :)
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2019, 12:02:06 am »
 Sounds like a lot of work.   With the rear seats oot, you can get a washing machine in the back o ma Yeti – without chopping it up.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2019, 06:54:34 am »
No , not sad , clever........you now have £20 which is enough to brim the fazer tank.......I know which one I would choose   :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 February 2019, 07:19:57 am »
 We have a washing machine, fridge, cooker. fairy round where I live you just leave your old junk appliance at the end of your drive and hey presto it's gone in a couple of days and by magic appears in the local scrap yard. He's a good old boy a grafter seems to make a living and provide a service to the local house holders. Only upsets the local council as they can't charge £20 to pick them up and we have to wait a week or 2 for them collect.   

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2019, 09:20:40 am »
We have a washing machine, fridge, cooker. fairy round where I live you just leave your old junk appliance at the end of your drive and hey presto it's gone in a couple of days and by magic appears in the local scrap yard. He's a good old boy a grafter seems to make a living and provide a service to the local house holders. Only upsets the local council as they can't charge £20 to pick them up and we have to wait a week or 2 for them collect.

We have those fairies round here as well, usually two or three low lifes in a clapped out transit pickup that will take anything metal that is not bolted down.,

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2019, 11:11:09 am »
I did the same to an old washing machine but only had to strip it down enough to make it lighter. But I also saved a few of the parts that may be useful to fix the next one as it was the same make and a similar model   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 February 2019, 11:35:54 am »
I did the same to an old washing machine but only had to strip it down enough to make it lighter. But I also saved a few of the parts that may be useful to fix the next one as it was the same make and a similar model   

Have too admit I put on one side the water inlet valves, the motor and a few more bits and bots that may have come in useful at some point in the future, for some other project or repair. Then I changed my mind and chucked em all  :lol .

Why do we ever consider saving stuff for years, never use it, then chuck it in a clear out cos we got too much junk?

Saved the metric fine thread bolts though ;)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #16 on: 21 February 2019, 12:09:36 pm »
My in-laws paid the council to come round and take an old freezer from their garage last week. Council men turned up, cleard out a load of junk that was in the way and they realised it was a big chest freezer do they needed their other van. No problem, off they trot leaving the freezer outside.
A little while later the local scrap scavengers turned up and knocked on the door and asked if they could take away the freezer. MIL said yes. Council turned up a little later to find the freezer gone but they don't care, they have been paid to get rid of it already.

A mate of mins is a plumber and every now and then he takes all his scrap pipe etc and gets it weighed in at the scrap dealers. If we ever have any scrap like washing machines he takes them away for us.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 February 2019, 10:12:12 pm »
them washing machine drums make brilliant incinerators btw. last forever (stainless steel) and burn everything down because they get such a good airflow through

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 February 2019, 12:14:37 am »

We have those fairies round here as well, usually two or three low lifes in a clapped out transit pickup that will take anything metal that is not bolted down.,

got 'em round here aswell just don't go in for a coffee if your gardening or mowing the lawn or miraculously the garden will be tidied up for you. :'(

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 February 2019, 08:38:51 am »
We also a mixture of evil Transit vans take anything that's not nailed down, even tried to take my lurcher but he objected and they thought better of it amazing what 25kgs of snarling razer sharp teeth do.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 February 2019, 06:29:27 pm »
You'd get over most things but your dog being nicked is up there with the worst for me,especially with some of them cruel bastards out there,I wish he'd ripped their throats out. :thumbdown