Date: 16-04-24  Time: 08:20 am

Author Topic: Anyone have a spare Gen 1 front wheel for sale?  (Read 1468 times)

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Anyone have a spare Gen 1 front wheel for sale?
« on: 17 February 2019, 04:15:39 pm »
Hi people, I’m looking for a front wheel for my 03 Fazer thou. I was unfortunate enough to hit a massive pothole (more like a crater) on my way home from work yesterday and I’ve bent the front wheel rim and torn the tyre. I’ve spoken to the Highways Agency who said that “if I qualify” for a claim, they have 15 days to respond. Then they said I have to pay out for the parts which I then claim back from them afterwards. So I need a wheel for the short term, then I’m gonna go for a brand new one from Yamaha at £720, plus bearings, plus a tyre. I’ve attached pics of the pothole and my wheel. If anyone’s travelling on the A2 from London and comes off at Junction 1 for Rochester & Strood then be careful, I drove past in the car yesterday to get pics, I can’t believe how big & deep it actually is. If anyone has a wheel thats straight (not bothered about bearings, I’ll re use mine short term) and I can buy please let me know, I’m in Rainham Kent, so can collect if fairly local as I’d imagine postage would be horrendous for something that size & weight!
Cheers
Jon
« Last Edit: 17 February 2019, 04:27:23 pm by Fazerjon »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a spare Gen 1 front wheel for sale?
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2019, 05:19:37 pm »
jesus mate glad your ok!

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2019, 06:54:53 pm »
Thanks Ogri, I thought I was coming off for a second or two! Needed a change of pants when I got home!  :eek

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2019, 07:01:48 pm »
The pot holes are horrendous all around that area.

I drive up to London every night on the M2/ A2,
Sometimes coming through the Medway tunnel when the M2's shut and I'm constantly trying to dodge them.
Glad it didn't take you off.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2019, 08:21:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about your wheel Jon. Glad it wasn’t worse.

I have a wheel that came from an early R1 when I changed over the front end. Believe they are identical to the Fazer thou.

It’s in the shed and will need to dig it out but has bearings and a usable tyre. Rim is scratched but I think it’s straight and usable, just surplus to my requirements. In Leicestershire so not local to you but could organise post / collection. Drop me a PM if you want more details and / or pictures.

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2019, 09:27:29 pm »
Thanks Trebus, PM sent.

BMCfaz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2019, 10:04:09 am »
If the wheel from Trebus isn't suitable, check out these guys. I've used them for parts before and they're pretty quick with delivery:

https://www.scbmotorcycles.com/parts-breaking/details/yamaha+fzs+front+wheel/-/42276/

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2019, 02:25:31 pm »
Thanks BMCfaz, I have a wheel on its way now, but thanks anyway  :thumbup

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2019, 07:54:41 am »
Make sure you claim off the local council for that, and to head of any excuses - just take some pics off google street view of the location showing how long its fucking been there for and how they have done nothing all that fucking time.

There is no sense going brand new, just hunt around on ebay -
Or put out a Partfinder search -
« Last Edit: 21 February 2019, 08:01:02 am by b1k3rdude »

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2019, 06:58:39 pm »
Cheers B1k3rdude, I’m now back on the road thanks to Trebus offering me his spare front wheel at a good price, so haven’t gone down the brand new route. However if the council are paying for the repairs then I will defo be going down the “brand new” route, I’m already out of pocket for no other fault than theirs, so why shouldn’t they pay the full price? I’ve had no bike for work for nearly a week so had to take the wife’s car, what a nightmare that is, driving up and down into London in the rush hour. So fuck em, if they’re paying, I’m going brand new. Could’ve been a lot worse than just a wheel & tyre......