Date: 16-04-24  Time: 12:48 pm

Author Topic: its been awhile my fazer 600 hstory update  (Read 1875 times)

fazersarg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
its been awhile my fazer 600 hstory update
« on: 27 January 2019, 12:10:25 pm »
hi guys its been awhile since i last posted just a update on my fazer 600 history i decided to sell my silver fazer 600 1999 t reg 13000 miles minter due to lack of use about 1000 miles in 3 years and a very good offer sold it in December and yes regretted it so bought a 2003 foxeye 2 owners private plated fazer that had a alarm fault had been used as a daily but turn out be higher mileage and more issues than advertised so decided to break this fazer.
so bought a blue 2001 600 fazer yesterday a bit tatty/dirty but only 1 owner 9000 miles sat for 3 years attempted theft thy had hacked the alarm out of the loom and ignition wires no claim on it the old boy that owned it tried to rewire it but don't run.
will need to get a replacement wiring loom so will all 5dm looms from 1998-2002 fit the only difference i am aware of is the early models did not have the hazard switch i think 2000 on did will this make a difference ? 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: its been awhile my fazer 600 hstory update
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2019, 01:24:31 pm »
No mention of specific years on here, but can always bell them to ask?

http://www.fazerspares.com/catalogue/127-1_electrical.htm
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2019, 03:07:11 pm »
What alarm is it? Can you put up a picture of the damaged ignition wires and alarm wires? Unfazed is the man to ask for alarm stuff

fazersarg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2019, 05:19:58 pm »
the alarm was a datatool alarm the old boy had attempt to repair and connect the wires back together and has re taped the loom up so not much to see.
most of my research suggest that all 5dm looms from 1998-2002 are the same.
quite a few of 1999 5dm fazer looms on ebay for £25-£30 i will probably buy 1.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2019, 07:49:33 pm »
just had a look through the manual and the alarm is there on all fazers, the hazard switch is 00 onwards BUT it looks like the wiring loom is the same throughout the models and the datatool 3 seems to be in everyones so is probably the default factory system
the wiring for the hazard switch is in the switch cluster itself and not affected by the loom

i think you might need to get a wiring loom with the alarm on already because im not sure where the connections are and if i remember rightly when they were installed all the wires were black so it was harder to mess with and bypass if stolen (which is why mine probably got burnt out somewhere)

if you manage to get a wiring loom with a datatool system 3 but they dont send keyfobs there is a way to reset them for new fobs which is online, and if you need a fob i can send you mine out as i think i have them in a drawer somewhere and dont need them since mine got stolen
(kept them for this reason lol)
im rarely on here nowadays so if you find you need them contact me at Lordvettinari@hotmail.com and i will get them sent out to you

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2019, 07:53:31 pm »
i take that back about the alarm being standard because there is a couple of looms on ebay with what looks like a piece of shit alarm
these bikes were released when system 3 was one of the major systems of the time so maybe it was just a coincidence that a lot of people have them

fazersarg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2019, 09:43:20 pm »
i have bought a 2000 5dm fazer 600 wiring loom off ebay just waiting for it to turn up the fazer 600 2001 did not have a factory fitted alarm just after market one's.
i think you are right about the hazard switch just confined to the switch.
thanks

fazersarg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2019, 05:57:18 pm »
were i am now with the 2001 fazer 600 changed the loom all electrics are working ultrasonic cleaned the carbs twice but will not run on number 4 no fuel getting through ultrasonic clean my spare set of carbs fitted balanced swapped tps sensor as was not setting kept going to 10k now running ok revving cleanly tickover slightly lumpy (k+n air filter fitted) but best i can get it next jobs oil+filter brake overhaul+tyres replacement been on from new+exhaust needs a paint and it needs a damn good clean.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2019, 06:43:45 pm »
Nice one, good progress.

fazersarg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 February 2019, 04:59:10 pm »
fazer update just stripped and cleaned the brake calipers tyres seemed quite soft for there age now has 12 months mot passed with no advisory's only down side while i was at the mot station i was shown a triumph sprint st mint condition belonged to garage owner for 8 years price was right deposit payed so the fazer 600 is up for sale if anybody is interested in fazer 600 2001 blue 1 owner 8106 miles 12 months let me know also on ebay.

psyfi_1

• Weekend Warrior
  • bikes bikes bikes
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - main
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2019, 09:29:42 am »
HI mate i hae two spare looms in good condition if you want one