Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:15 pm

Author Topic: For Sale Come Spring  (Read 7896 times)

cl1ve2004

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - vstrom 650 al8
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale Come Spring
« Reply #50 on: 13 February 2019, 03:40:58 pm »
Having decide to twat a Lucozade lorry head on last April on my 1000 :'( , and sworn I'd not own a bike again :'(  I decided to look at Toms' Fazer

last week...soooooo glad I did, and am now the proud new owner of Toms' pride and joy.

Rode her back to my yard  (105 miles from Toms') brilliant !! Planted ,thanks to reworked suspenders and plenty of beans..

Rode from Toms' pad, and the first 5 yards you'd think I'd never been on a pushbike let alone a motorbike !! :rollin

A massive thank you to both Tom and his wife for their hospitality, and I know Tom is gutted to sell his Fazer but she has gone to a good home, so worry

not Tom she's come to a good home, and I'll keep you updated about her :faz ..

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13 February 2019, 05:21:52 pm »
Well the new owner rode off today on 'HIS' Fazer FZS 600.  :'( :'( :'(

The good thing is I just know he will love it and pamper it just as much as I did, it has gone to a good home.  :)

Now in the summer it is going to take me 45 minutes to get to the boatyard on my Honda C90, flat out, instead of 25 minutes on the Fazer, and that is taking it leisurely.  :lol

I'm sure the C90 will fit on the passenger seat of your Barbie Merc 😉 that'll solve the speed issue haha

He should change his user name to ' Ken ',

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 13 February 2019, 07:13:36 pm »

The good thing is I just know he will love it and pamper it just as much as I did, it has gone to a good home.  :)

Now in the summer it is going to take me 45 minutes to get to the boatyard on my Honda C90, flat out, instead of 25 minutes on the Fazer, and that is taking it leisurely.  :lol

I'm sure the C90 will fit on the passenger seat of your Barbie Merc 😉 that'll solve the speed issue haha

LOL!

This was Sharpie's plan for my hairdressers car (Bastid)
Check the reworked badge on the front wing, as I said just above BASTID LOL
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 07:41:38 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 13 February 2019, 07:17:27 pm »
Having decide to twat a Lucozade lorry head on last April on my 1000 :'( , and sworn I'd not own a bike again :'(  I decided to look at Toms' Fazer

last week...soooooo glad I did, and am now the proud new owner of Toms' pride and joy.

Rode her back to my yard  (105 miles from Toms') brilliant !! Planted ,thanks to reworked suspenders and plenty of beans..

Rode from Toms' pad, and the first 5 yards you'd think I'd never been on a pushbike let alone a motorbike !! :rollin

A massive thank you to both Tom and his wife for their hospitality, and I know Tom is gutted to sell his Fazer but she has gone to a good home, so worry

Hold it, I need to get another tissue this one is soaked.  :'( :'( :'(

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 13 February 2019, 07:22:15 pm »

He should change his user name to ' Ken ',

From this time hence forth thou shalt call me kennyardin.  :lol :lol :lol 
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 07:39:34 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 13 February 2019, 07:28:33 pm »

Cheers Clive,
You know when you first meet someone that they are the sort of guy that values things, so I have no doubt that it will be treated in the manner that it has become accustomed to.
I wish both you and your FZS well, lot of touring and a bit of ragging. Lovely Jubbly   :lol
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 07:39:21 pm by tommyardin »

cl1ve2004

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - vstrom 650 al8
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 13 February 2019, 08:41:26 pm »
Thanks again Tom  8) 8) 8)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 13 February 2019, 11:15:04 pm »
Hi Tommy,
Sorry for not replying sooner-have been away for a while(no, not a mental health facility!)
I bought the C90-G from a dealer 2 years ago-low mileage and VGC. Took it to IOM summer 2017 and didnt like the 3 speed semi-auto gearbox (particularly when trying to get round the Ramsey Hairpin! :eek ) Autumn time I decided to strip bike and treat any frame corrosion etc. Bought a Lifan 110cc 4 speed manual clutch engine complete with carb and ancillaries from Pit Bike Spares for £173. The bike runs well with the original Honda Keihin carb and although not much quicker has better torque and almost identical fuel economy. Went back for 2018 Manx GP in late August 2018 and the bike was faultless.
I belong to the C90 forum: C90 Club.co.uk -a very helpful & friendly bunch-glad you are keeping the cub!

Dave48 pm'ed you mate.
Tommy

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 14 February 2019, 09:29:46 am »
Replied to your PM this morning.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 14 February 2019, 06:51:53 pm »
Thanks again Tom  8) 8) 8)

Clive,
Pm me your Postal address as I found the special Podger Spanner for adjusting the Nitron shock in my tool box today. I will stick it in the post.
Tom

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 14 February 2019, 06:54:00 pm »
Replied to your PM this morning.

Cheers Dave got your message, and your e-addy, I will email you in a couple of days when things quieten down a bit.
Tom 
« Last Edit: 14 February 2019, 07:54:16 pm by tommyardin »