Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:50 pm

Author Topic: For Sale Come Spring  (Read 7895 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale Come Spring
« Reply #25 on: 05 February 2019, 11:16:49 pm »
Tommy, I am approaching my 71st and, since I ended up in hospital last January,I managed to get out & enjoy the Tracer and the Honda C90(actual 110cc)last summer/autumn.
When the time comes,which it will, I shall be sad to see the Tracer go but will keep the C90 as it is hardly heavier than an old fashioned bicycle.
I have a friend who until a few years ago rode some big powerful machines but failing health and stamina have taken their toll but he still enjoys riding his monkey bikes and old British autocycles. Think hard before getting rid of the cub it isnt much to tax & MOT. Good luck whatever you decide!

Hey Dave,
What did you do to your C90 to up the cc to 110? did you fit one of the Korean barrel and piston kits? How did it go and what was the quality like.
(Heard tales some of them are crap quality)
My next job to get the Chicken Chaser re-bored.

I have a biker that has shown some interested in the FZS600 and is coming to look at it in a couple of days. Mrs thinks I am mad for trying to sell it, but there comes a time for all things, I will be sad to see it go, just hope that whoever buys it looks after it, like I do/did.

Be interested in knowing about your C 90 upgrade to 110 cc, and what difference to performance did it make.

My C 90 is the Economy Cub, I believe it is lower geared than some cubs as it is set up for city riding, quicker of the mark from lights and junctions but lower top speed, so I might up the gearing by two more notches on the front sprocket.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 February 2019, 01:27:44 pm »
Spending some quality time with my little baby FZS600.

Can someone please tell me what this little do-icky is on the back of the front mudguard?
Seen it so many times but today it just got me wondering WTF is it for.   

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 February 2019, 04:59:46 pm »
This is part number  YZ624p   tyre cleaner,it connects to a reservoir on the fork stantion which holds a solution which squirts intermittently onto the tyre,this is especially useful on greasy roads.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 05:01:42 pm by coffee »
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 February 2019, 06:46:33 pm »
😂
Or on most bikes with cable driven speedo it contains a rubber guide for the cable to stop it rubbing on the mudguard.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 February 2019, 10:01:32 pm »
😂
Or on most bikes with cable driven speedo it contains a rubber guide for the cable to stop it rubbing on the mudguard.

Many thanks Trebus make sence.

I bought 25 of the part number that coffee mentioned (YZ624p) and not one of them will fit. :finger 

I do though have a very wet front tyre and a big puddle on the patio.  :lol
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 10:05:01 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2019, 04:02:01 pm »
Well the Fazer FZS600 sold this morning. :'(

I am pleased with the price and so is the purchaser, and I know he will look after the bike as I did. :D  he is collecting it in a few days.

I took the bike for a MOT this afternoon (A-Force Motorcycles of Aldershot) she passed with flying colours, as I expected, with no advisories. :thumbup

It was the first time I have ridden the Fazer since October, and now I remember why I love the FZS600 :eek

A quick plug for A-Force Motorcycles (01252 334151) great guys Alex & Darren, I rang them up at 12-30pm and it was MOT tested by 2-45pm, these guys know about customer service.

Anyway the new owner is a 'Foccer' and I will let him make himself known should he so choose.

I myself am a Honda C90 owner now and not expecting to get anywhere in a hurry.  :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2019, 05:38:33 pm »
You'll still be visiting this site though?

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 February 2019, 10:06:32 pm »
Yep!
I will hang around for a while, as I am not sure what I would do without the checks and balances and unbiased views of people like VNA  :lol :lol :lol
Found a C90 club so I have somewhere to go and piss them off, give you guys a break.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 February 2019, 12:04:44 am »
😂

I bought 25 of the part number that coffee mentioned (YZ624p) and not one of them will fit. :finger 

I only bought one and couldn't get the ratio of liquid right and kept falling off,it was particularly hard on black ice or greasy conditions,I'm thinking of taking it off when I'm discharged.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 February 2019, 12:08:19 am »
😂

I only bought one and couldn't get the ratio of liquid right and kept falling off,it was particularly hard on black ice or greasy conditions,I'm thinking of taking it off when I'm discharged.

LOL! you will never get fucking discharged coffee you in that institution for life mate.  :lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol :rollin

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 February 2019, 11:49:14 pm »
funny you should say that,I was supposed to be out last Friday morning,what does sectioned mean ? :think

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 February 2019, 11:55:09 pm »
I also don't understand why my pyjamas are tied at the back and my arms aswell ?

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 February 2019, 11:57:51 pm »
my bottom is sore

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 February 2019, 11:59:24 pm »
someone help me

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 February 2019, 12:02:10 am »
I will never take the piss again

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09 February 2019, 12:03:08 am »
I can hear them comi.....

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09 February 2019, 03:48:23 am »
I can hear them comi.....

Lay on your back in bed never on your front, because  those mental health medics will get at your dung button.  :eek :eek :eek

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09 February 2019, 09:23:45 pm »
obviously a man who has had experience of this :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 February 2019, 11:14:24 pm »
obviously a man who has had experience of this :rollin

Yeah! Only escaped was only discharged a couple of years ago. :lol

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 February 2019, 09:38:20 am »
Tommy, I am approaching my 71st and, since I ended up in hospital last January,I managed to get out & enjoy the Tracer and the Honda C90(actual 110cc)last summer/autumn.
When the time comes,which it will, I shall be sad to see the Tracer go but will keep the C90 as it is hardly heavier than an old fashioned bicycle.
I have a friend who until a few years ago rode some big powerful machines but failing health and stamina have taken their toll but he still enjoys riding his monkey bikes and old British autocycles. Think hard before getting rid of the cub it isnt much to tax & MOT. Good luck whatever you decide!

Hey Dave,
What did you do to your C90 to up the cc to 110? did you fit one of the Korean barrel and piston kits? How did it go and what was the quality like.
(Heard tales some of them are crap quality)
My next job to get the Chicken Chaser re-bored.

I have a biker that has shown some interested in the FZS600 and is coming to look at it in a couple of days. Mrs thinks I am mad for trying to sell it, but there comes a time for all things, I will be sad to see it go, just hope that whoever buys it looks after it, like I do/did.

Be interested in knowing about your C 90 upgrade to 110 cc, and what difference to performance did it make.

My C 90 is the Economy Cub, I believe it is lower geared than some cubs as it is set up for city riding, quicker of the mark from lights and junctions but lower top speed, so I might up the gearing by two more notches on the front sprocket.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 12 February 2019, 09:49:50 am »
Hi Tommy,
Sorry for not replying sooner-have been away for a while(no, not a mental health facility!)
I bought the C90-G from a dealer 2 years ago-low mileage and VGC. Took it to IOM summer 2017 and didnt like the 3 speed semi-auto gearbox (particularly when trying to get round the Ramsey Hairpin! :eek ) Autumn time I decided to strip bike and treat any frame corrosion etc. Bought a Lifan 110cc 4 speed manual clutch engine complete with carb and ancillaries from Pit Bike Spares for £173. The bike runs well with the original Honda Keihin carb and although not much quicker has better torque and almost identical fuel economy. Went back for 2018 Manx GP in late August 2018 and the bike was faultless.
I belong to the C90 forum: C90 Club.co.uk -a very helpful & friendly bunch-glad you are keeping the cub!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12 February 2019, 12:15:32 pm »
Hi Tommy,
Sorry for not replying sooner-have been away for a while(no, not a mental health facility!)
I bought the C90-G from a dealer 2 years ago-low mileage and VGC. Took it to IOM summer 2017 and didnt like the 3 speed semi-auto gearbox (particularly when trying to get round the Ramsey Hairpin! :eek ) Autumn time I decided to strip bike and treat any frame corrosion etc. Bought a Lifan 110cc 4 speed manual clutch engine complete with carb and ancillaries from Pit Bike Spares for £173. The bike runs well with the original Honda Keihin carb and although not much quicker has better torque and almost identical fuel economy. Went back for 2018 Manx GP in late August 2018 and the bike was faultless.
I belong to the C90 forum: C90 Club.co.uk -a very helpful & friendly bunch-glad you are keeping the cub!

Hey Dave, Thanks for your reply.
I have just reactivated my Account with 'C90 Club.co.uk' I will get to know the site and learn my way around the processes.

Yeah Fazer being picked up tomorrow and off to a new home. will really miss the FZS600 but everything has a season.

Looking forward to summer now with the C90 in my arsenal, have also decided to hang on to the SLK Kompressor, that will be my 'quick' fix from now on.
I have now diminished by garage by two vehicle so that should make life a little easier/cheaper.   

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12 February 2019, 11:36:41 pm »
Hi Tommy,

Dave do you think that your C90 runs good on the original Keihin C90 carbatooter? And you feel it is not running lean at all?
think I might go a similar way was thinking about the 4 speed semi auto engine, what is the main advantage do you feel with the manual lump and was it reasonably easy to sort out a clutch cable and fine a suitable route for it without it looking a hash-up?
Cheers appreciate your input.
Tommy.
PS: Is this the foccing C90 Owners Club Now? LOL!
I promise I will not ask anymore C90 questions,
NOOoooooo hang about this is my post, I could post in 'Whatever else you got' post couldn't I.   

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13 February 2019, 02:29:35 pm »
Well the new owner rode off today on 'HIS' Fazer FZS 600.  :'( :'( :'(

The good thing is I just know he will love it and pamper it just as much as I did, it has gone to a good home.  :)

Now in the summer it is going to take me 45 minutes to get to the boatyard on my Honda C90, flat out, instead of 25 minutes on the Fazer, and that is taking it leisurely.  :lol

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 February 2019, 03:12:24 pm »
Well the new owner rode off today on 'HIS' Fazer FZS 600.  :'( :'( :'(

The good thing is I just know he will love it and pamper it just as much as I did, it has gone to a good home.  :)

Now in the summer it is going to take me 45 minutes to get to the boatyard on my Honda C90, flat out, instead of 25 minutes on the Fazer, and that is taking it leisurely.  :lol

I'm sure the C90 will fit on the passenger seat of your Barbie Merc 😉 that'll solve the speed issue haha